• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase! Mk II

In response to above--

Well, I see a few weird pixels to the left? You should have put another pixel or two at the top of the Cresselia crown. I don't know what the things in the hind are, a tail? I don't see many tails that are only a pixel wide. The colors are a little better.

In response to above--

Well, I see a few weird pixels to the left? You should have put another pixel or two at the top of the Cresselia crown. I don't know what the things in the hind are, a tail? I don't see many tails that are only a pixel wide. The colors are a little better.

The tail-thing was a mistake. The pixels aren't part of the sprite. And a bit of the crown must have got erased. It is one of the best of my mediocre sprites.

Huh. People dont post here that much. Anyway, I just made a sprite, and I want to see what people think:
picture.php

Its my little narwhal o3o. Anyway, it was pretty simple, it just took ALOT of recoloring.

Whoooah. I was about to pass over this thread and mark the forum read, and I'm so, so glad I didn't. Those are amazing, Starly. @_@ The Vividol one especially (guessing its name from its filename). I really like the, um, outlines? Like how everything is shaped smoothly; nothing jumps out and reminds me that I'm looking at something fit to the pixel grid.

The dark green part of the Lizepper is too dark, I think. There isn't much contrast and it just sort of melts together into one dark shape unless I zoom way in. (That might be my monitor, though; it's 2:39 in the morning and it's tinted orange so that it doesn't blind me. I don't think so, though; Axew's B/W sprite looks fine...)

Ah thanks! Got it!
And yes, Lizepper is Luisbrain's (sorry, should have posted that...) He fixed it up in his spritedex, lol, lazy me. Glad you like Vividol (belongs to deidara-fuuka)

mokouspriteV2.gif
V2 <--
mokoutrainersprite.gif

Fujiwara no Mokou from Touhou 8: Imperishable Night

Huh. People dont post here that much. Anyway, I just made a sprite, and I want to see what people think:
picture.php

Its my little narwhal o3o. Anyway, it was pretty simple, it just took ALOT of recoloring.
No offence...but it looks too much like a recoloured Wailord with a golden horn. It doesn't remind me of a narwhal too much. Otherwise, it's okay.

Lux is is a recoloured wailord with a horn xD!

Here's a splice I just made;

It's a Gothitelle/Froslass splice. I tried making it to where the base was Gothitelle but...it went hrribly wrong. So I make the base Froslass. xD

The shading is a bit meh, but a very good try. I've seen the most atrocious blobs of pixels being passed off as Sprites.
I'll post some pixelwork when I get on my comp.
EDIT:
rurvyv.png
I made a Virizon (by scratch) Opinions?

Last edited:
Not bad, especially for a scratch. It's about 10 times better than I can do xD

For a scratch, that's pretty good. However, it looks like all your outlines are black; to add more dimension, make the lines where Virizion is getting hit by light lighter. I'd make the highlights more noticeable - perhaps add another colour and use it sparingly.

I am really bad at spriting, so I need some help, and trial and error seems as good a method as any. So please criticize my stuff to your heart's content. Here are some of my favorites that I've done.

PansageBall.png

Pansage Pokeball

Gallade-LucarioSplice.png

Gallade-Lucario Splice

Guitarist-MewtwoSplice.png

Guitarist-Mewtwo Splice

Trainerrecolor.png

Lady Recolor

They're all good, but the Guitarist thing kinda looks strange to me. I'm not sure why.

They're all good, but the Guitarist thing kinda looks strange to me. I'm not sure why.

Thanks. Do you mean he's just weird, or is there something fixable?

Also, here are some shadow pokemon I made for no real reason. They use the same colors as Butterfree's.

shadowlairon.png

shadowtogepi.png

It's fixable. I just think you should show more tail. Also, nice shadows.

Yes, I do think it's better. Also, the three shadows together seem cute to me, even though 2 out of 3 of them look like monsters :3

Yes, yes they do.
EDIT: I hope you don't mind, but I tried your Shadow family idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom