• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween

I didn't go, so I gave out candy.

It rained. It rained.

Needless to say we still have a lot of candy left.

I got a great haul this year. People loved the costume.
I was expecting it to rain but it didn't~ <3
And now I'm sitting here eating my large bucket of candy while watching vids Flareth is sending me.
I like tonight. ^^

Hahaha. I wore my costume on Thursday since that was trick-or-treat night. I really just watched Doctor Who at my friend's house and then took some pictures, but dressing up was still fun.

Tonight, on actual Halloween, it was dark and rainy and my power went out. x] It was really cool for around 15 minutes, but then the power ended up staying out for three hours and that sort of sucked. Now that it's back on I'd like to have a movie night. Kind of a lame movie night since the scariest thing I have is Secret Window, but I guess it's all cool.

I didn't go, so I gave out candy.

It rained. It rained.

Needless to say we still have a lot of candy left.

this (all of it)

I got back from the band competition earlier than I thought I would, didn't have anything better to do so I put on my black jacket backwards so that I could pull the hood over my face. I looked rather menacing, considering I was also wearing a black t-shirt, black flowy shorts/pants, black socks and I even put on my black marching shoes to add to it. And I held a fake axe.

but I wasn't so efficient with the hood over my face, so I turned the jacket around and put the hood over the back of my head instead.

I wasn't efficient with the axe either, so I propped it up next to the door.

Very boring night...I stayed home. We got like 12 trick or treaters, out of them only like 7 wore costumes. The weather is pretty sucky, and it's pretty much over now. At least I got to watch Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Night of the Living Dead while beating Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance in almost one sitting. A good day in my book.

I was too lazy to come up with a costume, so when costume day at school came, I just dressed up normally and claimed I was going as my evil twin. Of course, about halfway through costume day, I ended up wishing I had. I could've done a kickass Joker costume (I got The Dark Knight on the brain).

Among some of the cooler costumes were: Clark Kent (not Superman - he had the fake glasses and button-up shirt that he unbuttoned a bit to show the Superman shirt underneath); a group costume of a papier-mâché Pac-Man and 3 ghosts (it won 1st place in the competition last year, and 2nd this year); Facebook (I kid you not. The kid took a huge piece of posterboard, strung it around his neck, and drew a replica of a Facebook wall on it); and zombie Obama and Bush (I have no idea where they got the masks for that).

Very boring night...I stayed home. We got like 12 trick or treaters, out of them only like 7 wore costumes.

This drives me nuts. We didn't get any ourselves, but a radio show host today was talking about how half the kids who came to his house didn't have costumes. Most of them didn't even say "trick or treat", they just stuck their bags out and expected candy. When I hand out candy, the amount of candy they will get is proportional to a) how much I like the costume; b) how much I like the person in the costume. If you don't wear a costume, I probably won't give you any, and that's only because I'm not allowed to reach into your bag and take away some of it.

I'm an asshole.

Last edited:
I'm too old to trick-or-treat (legally... the town we usually trick-or-treat in actually has a "no trick-or-treating if you're over 13" law) and there were no haunted house things anywhere in the area, so my dad, my little sister and I ended up just going to eat at an Italian restaurant instead. I wore my Mario costume (though I took the moustache off to eat... there was no way I'd be able to eat pizza without getting it on that giant 'stache.)

Pretty much everyone recognized it as Mario, so it must not have been that bad despite the slapped-together-at-the-last-minuteness of it.

HALLOWEEN WAS AWESOME (latepostislate)

Dressing as Janitor for the night was brilliant and I got to carve these four quite awesome pumpkins. I particularly like the one on the far right =3

In case any of you want to see how little Mike actually looks like Janitor (though I removed my glasses to remedy this just slightly, which incidentally just made everything worse):
- Aaaaaa redeye eeeeevil
- KNIIIIIFE WREEEEEENCH (also redeye and I was going for some kind of menacing expression here but it combined with tiredness to produce some kind of very strange non-expression)

^ Haha, those are *epic*.

I wore some clip-on cat ears out when we went to the supermarket in the early evening to buy sweets (for kids) and booze (for us), but then we sat at home, drank a bit, and handed out some sweets to the two lots of kids that came knocking. Good times.

My Luigi failed. You know, due to it being Halloween. Still, people liked the moustache I drew on with pen (which is fortunate, since it didn't wash off for a couple days).

Back
Top Bottom