• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had been born the opposite sex, what would you have been named?

MentheLapin

Oh, Reflux, you're so big and strong!
To the best of your knowledge, of course.

I saw this thread from like two years ago and I was like "Wowwww how did this not survive". I do hope it's okay if I bring this back, I found it quite interesting.

I, like my brothers before me, would have been called Bethany. *shudder*

Re: If you had been born the opposite gender, what would you have been named?

Joshua. *shudders*

ugggggh i hate that name.

Apparently, Jacob or *shudder* Eustace were both considered.

My closest guess is Nikki or Christina :v

Apparently Michelle because my parents were determined to name me after my grandad as closely as possible. :v

Either Callum or Connor. My parents were determined to give me the same initials as my dad, no matter what my gender was.

I was born the opposite gender! Ahaha wat.

Brook(e), I think. :P I think it's a nice name.

But then my parents couldn't decide on a name for a while anyway and Mom threatened to name me Dexter if they couldn't agree. >:O

called it

wait, how does that work

'Called it'?

Brook(e), I think. :P I think it's a nice name.

But then my parents couldn't decide on a name for a while anyway and Mom threatened to name me Dexter if they couldn't agree. >:O

:[ Dexter is the best name ever. Along with many other names but. My point still stands.

...I would apparently have been called Peter.

My brain just broke. x3 I can't imagine myself as a Peter... it's weird. Yeah, I've never asked or even considered this before. x3

Sebastian. Or Gabriel. Admittedly I probably wouldn't have had such a problem with Gabriel but SEBASTIAN.

which is funny because I was in the car with my mom talking about how me and my friends were working on an extensive musical project and one of our characters would be gay. We had (in fact, are still having) immense trouble agreeing on a name for this character, oscillating around between Fabio, Craig, Leslie, Kurt, and, of course, Sebastian. I was opposed to Sebastian and, as I said to my mom, "But who names their kid Sebastian? I mean, seriously, naming a kid something like that is pretty much predicting they will be gay. I don't know how that makes much sense, but it does. But really, there's no future for a kid named Sebastian other than being gay..." and she says "When I was pregnant with you, if you had been male, we were considering Sebastian." and I was like "... of course you were."

(if naming a kid Sebastian is predicting gayness... well, I'm bi, so. :V)

Anna, which turned out to be my younger sister's name when she was born.

I have no clue. My mom always said that she would would have Caitlin Elise *my last name*, Ryan Micheal *my last name*, and Rebecca *middle name I don't have* *my last name*. The only difference in any of my siblings or my own names is the fact my mom changed my planned middle name to Joy to honor my (still living, both then ans now) great-grandmother. She was positive when she was pregnant with me that I'd be female.

Sometimes I do wonder what would've happened if Caitlin or I popped out male, Ryan popped out female, or any of us were transsexuals.

Janine or Barbara. AUGHAUGGHAHAGUAHUGAHGUGH

So glad my name is Alex.

Janine or Barbara. AUGHAUGGHAHAGUAHUGAHGUGH

Hey! I can kinda understand where you're coming from with Barbara, but Janine's a very pretty name!

(well, actually, for full prettyness it needs to be spelled "Jeanine." looks so awkward without that "e" D: [/bias])

Danielle.

I can't imagine Danielle-me at all. :{

It's a bit of a rubbish name, you're not missing much.

Apparently my parents 'knew' I was going to be a girl and settled on Danielle pretty quickly without really considering any boy names for me.

Then when my mum was pregnant again three years later, I was utterly insistant that it would be a girl and apparently they thought so too because they picked some girl names for her (and settled on Gabrielle to which I say, really, parents? Rhyming names???) without really talking about boy names.

Back
Top Bottom