• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Temsik -- a club for ghost trickers

Clover

neither simple, nor coherent.
I've been wanting to make this for-freaking-ever but never knew what to say to start it off so I'm just going to start it off. If you've played Ghost Trick, the DS game by the writers of the Ace Attorney series, come and talk about it!

I have been kiiiiind of a little obsessed with this series ever since I finished it the week after its release. So for like three and a half months yus. I love arts and fic and blathering about the characters.

COME AND TALK WITH ME A LITTLE!
THE NIGHT IS YOUNG, AND SO ARE WE!

tumblr_lkheaf22hg1qfvhot.png

"A word of warning: after a certain point this game can be described as a pile of plot twists, so if you're reading this page but want to remain unspoiled, please step lightly." -- from the tvtropes

:D

:D :D

I love this game so much. Characters! Plot twists! I will blather about the characters with you!

:D
:D :D
:D :D :D

Yes! EVERYONE MUST PLAY THIS GAME even though I'm barely through the beginning.

Joining!

Joining. I got the game on Wednesday and I've already finished it. It's simply astounding. The animations are very smooth and fun to watch, the characters are very lovable, and the plot twists are simply fabulous. I love everything about the game. Except Inspector Cabanela.

Yomiel and Sissel. <3

So I may have purchased this game because I needed to use up a gift card before it emptied itself. And it may be arriving in the next few days or so. So I may have to insist that any spoilery blathering be put on hold until I actually get it, in the interest of me not hating every single person in this thread for having fun without me a la the earlier AA threads.

Maybe.

Joining. I got the game on Wednesday and I've already finished it. It's simply astounding. The animations are very smooth and fun to watch, the characters are very lovable, and the plot twists are simply fabulous. I love everything about the game. Except Inspector Cabanela.

Yomiel and Sissel. <3
I didn't like Inspector Cabanela until chapter 15 (?), at which point his broken ribs animation and accompanying discussion made me instantly adore him.

Yes. It is that easy to win me over. Shoot me.

Kratos, the obvious solution to your predicament is playing the game. :o

No need, apparently it came early. :D I still can't play it right away because I need to spend all my video game time flailing around with preparations for VGC this Saturday, but I will bring it to the tourney location with me so that I can start playing on the way back!

you're still not allowed to start having fun without me!

Joinjoinjoin~~~ I just got the game, and I'm up to Chapter 16 so far, and it's awesome. I love all the characters -- I don't think there's a single one I don't like -- and the puzzles are so fun, if a bit unforgiving at times ($&%@ stealth section...!).

C-can I share some theories? I don't have anything solid, just random scattered stuff, but some things I've been thinking about...

The empty prison cell is suspicious; I'm sure someone was there until some point in the backstory.
Ray is suspicious too. Maybe he's the missing prisoner and was executed?
That pocketwatch... arrrrgh I can't figure out what its deal is. Grr.
I had a theory for quite a while that Sissel wasn't actually the dead body in red! :D Go me~
Am I the only one who seriously feels like saying the blue-skinned people are aliens? Probably wrong, but it's not like it would be a stretch...

That's about all. I can't wait to finish this game and discuss it with everyone~

Joinjoinjoin~~~ I just got the game, and I'm up to Chapter 16 so far, and it's awesome. I love all the characters -- I don't think there's a single one I don't like -- and the puzzles are so fun, if a bit unforgiving at times ($&%@ stealth section...!).

C-can I share some theories? I don't have anything solid, just random scattered stuff, but some things I've been thinking about...

The empty prison cell is suspicious; I'm sure someone was there until some point in the backstory.
Ray is suspicious too. Maybe he's the missing prisoner and was executed?
That pocketwatch... arrrrgh I can't figure out what its deal is. Grr.
I had a theory for quite a while that Sissel wasn't actually the dead body in red! :D Go me~
Am I the only one who seriously feels like saying the blue-skinned people are aliens? Probably wrong, but it's not like it would be a stretch...

That's about all. I can't wait to finish this game and discuss it with everyone~

I certainly hope that you'll enjoy the rest of the game. The ending was great; you're sure to love it.

Yesss, I finished the game and I did love it! The twists were fantastic and my theories (aside from the earlier Sissel not being the red-suited guy one) were all wrong, so I must be losing my touch, but hey. It was fantastic. <3

I did think Yomiel's motivation was disappointing, though. A lot of games seem to have the whole 'and then my world view became warped and I thought doing [insert evil thing here] would help' speech from a villain, and it never really satisfies me. If only there was something that made him really have a good reason for the 'revenge'... Oh, well. I liked it otherwise.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. However, I do have to agree about Yomiel's motivation. As much as I like him, I have to admit that his motivation was a bit disapointing and clichéd. However, I actually did feel really bad for him, especially when I heard about his fiancée, Sissel, commiting suicide. Him telling us the story about him being "all alone in the world" with only one friend is a little clichéd too, but Ghost Trick did a great job in making it a very sad story. At least to me, that is. But, dispite his motive for revenge, I felt smpathy for Yomiel.

Last edited:
So I spent all of yesterday after the tournament playing Ghost Trick. Finished around five-ish in the morning. Can't really go on about it right now because I've got to get to work on a huge project and have procrastinated more than enough, but damn. Just... damn.

As you were.

Back
Top Bottom