• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chronic Shippers Society

I'm pretty sure everyone else does this, but I have extremely shallow ships (based almost entirely on how attractive two guys look) that I don't give a toss about and probably abandon quickly, and then I have ships I'll have with me for months or years, based more on character interactions and relationships more than anything. I don't really care whether anything is canon.

For instance I was hardcore into House/Wilson for like two years but now I'll just occasionally think about it because I'm sort of disappointed in the turn the show has taken, but it's still a second category type of ship for me because I still really like them.

My current one (and anyone who follows my dA will know this) is Nikolai/Kirill from Eastern Promises, but that's just so. Obvious. Aaargh.
What I hate about this ship (and a lot of my ships really) is that the fandom is really teeny-tiny for some reason so there's almost no fanstuff :( I'm pretty sure I've drawn the entirety of the Eastern Promises fan art (though I have managed to rope some people into the fandom and someone drew a very nice picture, so we're gaining ground) and I have a .txt while with all the fanfic available, a little over 50.

I have this condition where if my fandom is tiny I feel compelled to contribute to it and if it's large I'll just be like w/evs.

My most terrible secret is that I enjoy Putin/Medvedev RPS and have written and drawn it except I lost all sense of shame relating to this pairing months ago it's all good. It's a lot of fun.

the only thing I don't like about shipping is drama 8( some people take pairing fictional or semi-fictional (because honestly RPS is pretty much fiction, we're just working off the people's public personas. I have no idea what Putin is like in private, I just write him like a Bond villain) people way too seriously. SHIPPING WARZ are the worst thing.

Uggh, ship wars. I've been lucky so far, the closest I've come to being caught in one of those was when I was talking with a non-shipper friend of mine, but the things I've heard of.... It would be nice if all shippers could get along, no matter whether they ship Character A with Character B or Character C. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

On another note, does anyone other than me associate songs with different shippings? I've recently come to associate Ferriswheelshipping with the music that plays during the credits of Black and White, "Every Time we Touch" reminds me of pretty much all forbidden love from Warriors, and I associate "I am Sailor Moon" with Lupin and Tonks... there's a story behind that one.

Oh geeze, ship wars. Ship-to-ship combat is the worst thing unless it's actual legit debating. And even then people can get dirty and personal about it. And Littlestream, I too, want shippers to get along but that's pretty impossible, e.g. the Naruto fandom.

And ooh songs. I love myself shippy songs. "I am Sailor Moon" for Lupin and Tonks? How? PFF XD

I personally get into my fan shipping stuff to relax and have fun, so I literally cannot understand spending energy on taking it seriously. Some people seem to have stronger opinions about who shags who than about stuff like abortion. IT IS SILLY. Very silly indeed.

Oh god I am the worst person because I actually make playlists of songs I associate with some ships if I'm dedicated enough. That way I can put it on when I'm drawing or writing fandom stuff.
Right now I'm going through my artists A-Z to finish my Eastern Promises playlist. Some of the songs I associate with pairings make no sense though i.e. an Aqua song for Putin and Medvedev. I also associate Kirill from Eastern Promises (watch this film) with Sabrina's Boys Boys Boys because I was doing a song/writing meme once and this song came on. The idea of a rough, closeted, violent, drunken and spoiled son of a mafia don dancing to this incredibly gay 80s song is great.
ps i didn't use this song in the meme because it's literally impossible

I often want to make videos for fandoms until I remember I can't use Flash lawlz. Then I silently cry.

Oh god I am the worst person because I actually make playlists of songs I associate with some ships if I'm dedicated enough. That way I can put it on when I'm drawing or writing fandom stuff.
Haha, that's how I write practically all my fanfics. I have so many random pairing or fandom playlists on my iPod...

Oh god, ME TOO maybe one day I will discover how to make fanmixes and will use my amazing music-sorting powers for good.

Speaking of, I love fanmixes generally, but I KEEP finding ones that look brilliant on LJ, try and download them, and find that the download link expired three years ago. It's horrible ;;

Shipping wars are really annoying. Even though I'm the one who usually starts them.
If my favorite shipping from any fandom is in any way insulted I silently rage at the offender but I hold back from starting a shipping war except for extreme cases.

As for songs and music...
Anything by Utada Hikaru or Ayumi Hamasaki instantly makes me think of Suzalulu, without fail. Except Flavor of Life, that doesn't make me think of any shipping. The biggest culprits are slower ballads, due to a really amazing fan video dedicated to the pairing that had an awesome ballad called "Sayonara no Jikan" by Kokia. "Can't Wait 'Til Christmas" by Utada is the really big one and I should make a video with it...
"Call Me When You're Sober" by Evanescence makes me think of LeafxCrow from Warriors and to some extent all relationships in the series that have gone bad.
Lastly, Lady Gaga songs always seem to play in the back of my mind whenever I read love scenes in certain books like the Maximum Ride series.
And that's about it right now.

And ooh songs. I love myself shippy songs. "I am Sailor Moon" for Lupin and Tonks? How? PFF XD

I was listening to it while reading book 6 and it only got stuck in my head around chapter 29.

I said it was a story, but I never said it was much of one. XD

And Volcarona, What ships in Warriors haven't gone bad other than Firestar/Sandstorm and Dustpelt/Ferncloud? Warriors relationships are pretty messed up. And that's just in-series. The fanfictions complicate all that even more. Which is why I generally don't read them anymore (At least not the shipping ones).

And Volcarona, What ships in Warriors haven't gone bad other than Firestar/Sandstorm and Dustpelt/Ferncloud? Warriors relationships are pretty messed up. And that's just in-series. The fanfictions complicate all that even more. Which is why I generally don't read them anymore (At least not the shipping ones).

I... Honestly don't know. D:
I was thinking relationships that go bad with the two members still living. There might be a lot more stable mating groups if the Erins didn't kill off another character ever 20th page! But they have to kill characters because that's part of what makes the series interesting, so.

hello my name is Cirrus and I am a chronic shipper nice to meet you :D

Though to be fair, I really don't ship as much as I used to, and also, it seems to be fairly random as to whether I'll be shippy when watching/reading/intaking something. For some things I can't help but begin to ship like crazy (e.g. Avatar tLA) and then for others (Buffy) I maybe ship a few characters vaguely but don't really care that much? (Although that doesn't include total canon like Giles/Anya, obvs obvs. why does no-one see the LOVE?)

It doesn't seem to really make sense, because AtLA is full of young characters who at any other time I would feel a bit weird about shipping, and Buffy in particular is full of great, sincere and interesting friendships and dynamics. OH WELL.

Back
Top Bottom