• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Falthor

My boyyyyyyyy
If any of you have heard of, played, or have been obsessed with what I think is the greatest game of all time, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (also known as SMRPG), discuss this fantastic game here, and the possibility of a remake, true sequel, and other information here.

I want to play this game. >:| Just to say I have.

Is it a first-party game? I don't really like any first-party Nintendo games.

It was a gift from Square for Nintendo, so in essence it's a third-party game (it plays like Final Fantasy, as well, if you're into that series, as well), but Mario is a first-party thing. But to be on the safe side, since it makes sense and so you could play this epic game: third-party.

Heh, I'm not saying I wouldn't try a first-party game, especially one as well-loved as this, I was just wondering.

Perhaps if it ever makes its way to the Virtual Console I'll give it a try.

Hasn't it made its way to the VC yet? *Investigates* I believe it has. I thought it was going for 900 Wii Points, if I'm not mistaken.

After checking the Nintendo website, and Wikipedia (which was quite reliable, I may add) it currently is available only in Japan for a mere 900 Wii Points (roughly 10 bucks USD with tax and all).

After checking the Nintendo website, and Wikipedia (which was quite reliable, I may add) it currently is available only in Japan for a mere 900 Wii Points (roughly 10 bucks USD with tax and all).

It is a times like this that I truly despise Japan.

I've never really been able to get into SMRPG, but it's one of the only games I've been awaiting anxiously on VC.

I ordered it off eBay for $36. VC's got nothing on me.

Paper Mario is a real sequel why does everyone say it isn't argh. It's original name was Super Mario RPG 2 but since Square and Nintendo were all angry, they changed the name to avoid copyright. I know the only thing they have in common is Mario and Action Commands, but it's still a sequel just like Super Paper Mario is a sequel.
I can't tell you about the origin of the Papery graphics - one source says that the people making it were inexperienced with 3D and another says it was a result of trying to make the graphics reflect the name change.

Forget that. I haven't played this yet but I want to, which is why it's coming. My EarthBound cartridge won't be lonely anymore!
I'm still waiting for those Pink Floyd Vinyl disks, though.

Last edited:
I have a video walkthrough of this on my YouTube channel...

Subtle advertising ftl. ><

I ordered it off eBay for $36. VC's got nothing on me.

Paper Mario is a real sequel why does everyone say it isn't argh. It's original name was Super Mario RPG 2 but since Square and Nintendo were all angry, they changed the name to avoid copyright. I know the only thing they have in common is Mario and Action Commands, but it's still a sequel just like Super Paper Mario is a sequel.
I can't tell you about the origin of the Papery graphics - one source says that the people making it were inexperienced with 3D and another says it was a result of trying to make the graphics reflect the name change.

Forget that. I haven't played this yet but I want to, which is why it's coming. My EarthBound cartridge won't be lonely anymore!
I'm still waiting for those Pink Floyd Vinyl disks, though.

Dude, Paper Mario, although it used to have the title SMRPG2, pales in comparison to the original. Very few elements of SMRPG were transferred over to Paper Mario, including the aspect of actually having good partners. Too many new elements were introduced, which made Paper Mario a completely different game. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is the closest thing to SMRPG, and was even deemed a "spiritual sequel" to SMRPG because of the many correlating aspects of the game. But SMRPG is still the only thing true to its roots, and I'm certain that many individuals will agree with me.

On another subject, does anyone remember this?

I am matter…
I am antimatter…
I can see your past…
I can see your future…
I consume time…
And I will consume you!

Last edited:
I DO!! (acts like a dog) CULEX the secret boss!

I've played the game many times, and enjoy the story and all the secrets. You also get Bowser for an ally, who wouldn't like that?

Bowser is a hell of a character, both on and off the field. But Geno is awesome. He's a living doll, for Christ's sake! It's friggin' awesome. Great game, great value. One of the greatest games of all time.

what I think is the greatest game of all time, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (also known as SMRPG)

Obviously you've never played Ocarina of Time :p

Anyways, I heard it was a great game, but I haven't played it. (Mainly due to not being able to find it.)

Keywords: What I think.

You can find SMRPG in garage sales, eBay, video game stores (GameStop, EB Games, etc.; NOT Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.), Mom and Pop video game stores, vintage game stores, etc. It's actually a common game, I think.

I've been playing it and it's fun, but there's nothing yet to make me prefer it to Paper Mario. Geno hasn't joined me yet and the Forest Maze enemies are wiping the floor with me, but it's fun.

However, my first file was deleted! I had my file and a dude named Jeffrey. I'm not sure what happened, but when I went to play, all the files were gone! D:

Your party needs some level boosts. Fight them more often, and use your timed hits. Have your guys at or around Level 8 or 10 by the time you reach Bowyer.

Back
Top Bottom