• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tumblr

Tumblr for Fratice!

Tumblr is good for microblogging. It's an easy way to follow the people you want to follow in one area; get photos of cats doing shit, or harry potter, or glee! Or get updates about what's going on in the world, in the news, or pop culture! Or just connect with people. Microblogging, see. Very quick posts, in a very easy to handle way. It's not necessarily better than lj or Blogger, it's just different. And it's definitely better than twitter in terms of what it does - twitter is for extreme microblogging. Tumblr involves quite a bit less micro. Lots of what I get on my dash involves heavy reading, and it's all more than 140 characters.

Personally I don't like using blogger or wordpress or lj because I don't enjoy blogging at all. I post my art on tumblr, and reblog things, and occasionally vent if I'm really annoyed about something. So... yep. I think you sort of have to use it a bit to understand it really!

tumblr is mostly good if you are really into fandom of any kind; I follow blogs about harry potter, glee, the mighty boosh, my little pony and sailor moon and I get almost daily pictures/interviews/things on my dashboard. I also follow a few artists (like PK, tracy j. butler and loish) who post their submissions on tumblr because I really dislike deviantart, and I also follow a few comic artists on there too. I also find it 10x easier to use than any other blogging site (although the interface could do with some work). tumblr also seems to focus much less on posting and much more on viewing, which is nice.

...okay! I guess I sort of get it? It really doesn't sound like something I'd actually bother posting anything to (except maybe art, I dunno...?) because I do like writing long, bloggy posts assuming I can think of something to say and I already have a perfectly good place to do that, but I guess maybe it might be worth looking at for following people... hm. Well, thanks for the answers!

(seeing that Tracy J. Butler had started a Tumblr was actually what reminded me to ask about this, incidentally! omg Lackadaisy~~~~)

I do like writing long, bloggy posts assuming I can think of something to say

I don't think there's any real limit on how long your posts can be on Tumblr, it's just that most people (myself included) treat the text post option like another twitter.

At any rate, I think the main advantage of tumblr over other places is that a good number of people actually use it (therefore making it easier to have all your friends in one place). None of my IRL friends have livejournals and I only know a couple of people period who have legitimate blogs that aren't for serious business .

Oh hey I guess I've never posted here, either.

My tumblrs of relative note include Microprogressions (please follow and/or contribute if you can) and Thanks, Bulbapedia.

I guess there's also my personal tumblr that I actually don't touch all that often, but I'd like to do more with (but always get discouraged because it seems as if you have to be good at art to win at tumblr and help)

Meh, here's mine. I mostly post Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hetalia, and more recently The Avengers and Supernatural.
Also, I have an ask England account. I'll answer any questions you might have. This goes for my main account too.

Here is my tumblr, which exists once in a while. I reblog a cute thing that everybody else has already seen about once a month. :Db

just a heads up that i'm retroactively updating the list ;o) so just post here and i'll add you in asap since i don't think alex comes on here much any more!

i think i'll sticky it too. tumblr's a big place now!!! :o

My Tumblr is keltena, as my signature says. I mainly reblog neat things, post fanart or fanfic recs, and do the occasional rambling or ranting.

And wow, I didn't know Thanks, Bulbapedia was someone here! That's pretty cool; I love that blog.

Back
Top Bottom