• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should Spanish be a required course in American schools?

Should Spanish be a required course in American schools?

• Total voters
My old school was rubbish for languages. We had, I think, three full time French teachers, and one German teacher. This is for a school with over a thousand students.

And then they all quit because they hated the new headteacher, and I'm not sure what happened after that. It was pretty funny, though.

...I never realized how lucky I am. My county offers Spanish, French, German, and Latin. In order to get an Advanced Diploma (and thus have a shot at getting into the awesome schools we have here in Virgina) you have to take 3 years of a language.

But they're still electives. Still, I feel like some language should be required. Learning other languages helps in this world that is growing increasingly more intertwined. Also, learning a second language can help you understand your own better.

Also, you learn that English is a really, really screwed up language that can't even always follow its own rules.

The topic is not "Should we remove classes other than Spanish?". Nobody is saying that you should take only Spanish.

I forgot that other schools were different from mine ^^; One can take just one language at a time in my high school. So in my case "Should we remove classes other than Spanish?" and "Should Spanish be a required subject in American schools?" is the same thing.

If I could also take another language in addition to Spanish, I'd have no problem with it being required. I just don't think it should be.

Back
Top Bottom