• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is this normal?

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
Well, it started like a month ago. Mewtini sent me a message, and then the notification notice got stuck on one. Now Mike sent me a message, and it's stuck on two. Mods, do you know the source of this?

It happens to me occasionally.

Delete those messages that caused the problem, and it should be fixed.

You could also just unapprove/approve them.
To elaborate (since it's not a very obvious thing): you can check off messages on the right beside the timestamp, go down to the dropdown list at the bottom of the section, and choose to "unapprove" them, which (as far as I can tell) hides them from anyone else's view. Then you can "approve" them to make them public again.

And apparently if you do this to a message stuck as unread, it'll unstuck itself.

Last edited:
On a probably related note, lately certain threads tell me there are unread posts, but when I click on them, there are none. And the last poster listed on the thread directory doesn't match up to the member who actually posted last. (Not really sure how much sense this makes. :\)

Posting in the thread will cause the "missing" post to show up. If you just need to read the post, it will show up in the thread review/summary you see when you're on the full reply page.

Yeah, that happens sometimes when the last page has only one post on it; a lot of people get that. It seems to have something to do with previous posts having been deleted.

You can get around that one by telling it to go to the first unread post when only the phantom post is unread, grabbing the post ID out of the anchor in the URL it gives you, and substituting it into the view-a-single-post URL you get when you click on the post number of any post. (That URL also has the post's number within the thread in it, but it doesn't matter; you can put in whatever number you want and it won't complain.)

EDIT: Oh, right, never mind me; Kratos's method is easier. I forgot about that way.

Back
Top Bottom