• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Am I Crazy?

Cobra Sting

Seeing as every other place with Black and White sprites has transparency in them, (which doesn't go over well with MS Paint) and I have no room to install GIMP, to get my sprites I'm taking spritesheets from the spriters resource, deleting all but one sprite, saving it, and repeating for ALL 649 POKEMON. It's very tedious work, but I have no other way.

Fill bucket?

Print screen will work better, yeah, but (I think) the black color used in the sprites aren't "perfect" blacks -- as in, not 000000, which is the color Paint automatically fills in for transparency. Thus, if you use the fill bucket on the transparent part, the black outlines should be perfectly fine.

And GIMP isn't the only program that supports transparency. I use Paint.NET, which I believe is smaller size-wise. It works like MS Paint with tons of features added in, so the switch shouldn't be that much of a problem if you're used to Paint.

Also, doesn't Butterfree have these handy sprite packages all cleaned up and numbered for your download pleasure?

From what I've heard, it's not a Paint problem; it's a Windows clipboard problem. Save the sprite and then open it in Paint instead of copying and pasting and see if that does the trick.

It is indeed a Windows clipboard problem! Pasting in GIMP would do the same thing, though GIMP is rather better at accounting for Windows clipboard's hatred of transparency than most things.

Save the sprites and if you can install GIMP or something else non-bad, do; many sprites have their black actually set to #000000 these days and while Paint respects transparent background colours when they're kept, smart people optimise their PNGs and so the background will also be #000000 and you'll lose your outlines.

Print screen will work better, yeah, but (I think) the black color used in the sprites aren't "perfect" blacks -- as in, not 000000, which is the color Paint automatically fills in for transparency.

A lot of sprites do have pure black in their outlines.

Back
Top Bottom