• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
So, how do you define yourself sexually? Just curious. :o

@poll: I'm bisexual.

Also, I've probably missed something, so feel free to mention it. Easy definitions can be found here.

Bisexual.

Though very far over to the gay side of the Kinsey scale. I just say bisexual to make things easier since I know I could fall in love with a guy, I just find the idea of having sex with one a bit icky and I don't find the male body attractive at all.

Except that's not really bisexual, Cirrus. For something to be part of your sexuality it requires the sex part.

If you're not attracted to or aroused by men then you can't claim bisexuality.

Heterosexual

I'm really quite surprised at how serious conversations we have in this forum, more than I might have on school, but I do respect what everyone else is saying here.

I think I'm asexual? I honestly cannot seem to see any gender, or anyone at all as attractive. I also have no real sexual urges.

Of course it might be that I've yet to mature enough to feel an attraction for someone else. Hm.

Except that's not really bisexual, Cirrus. For something to be part of your sexuality it requires the sex part.

If you're not attracted to or aroused by men then you can't claim bisexuality.

But I could theoretically go into a relationship with a man and maybe even marry one, I just wouldn't enjoy the sex as much as I would with a woman, or maybe at all.

...yeah, not likely, but still. I guess I'm emotionally bisexual, but for all intents and purposes gay, then? I've never really been sure anyway.

I identify as gay, but since that tends to confuse people IRL I usually just say that I'm androsexual or that I like guys.

But I could theoretically go into a relationship with a man and maybe even marry one, I just wouldn't enjoy the sex as much as I would with a woman, or maybe at all.

...yeah, not likely, but still. I guess I'm emotionally bisexual, but for all intents and purposes gay, then? I've never really been sure anyway.
Homosexual biromantic?

I'll just put myself down for I don't know.

I would say heterosexual but I find myself very occasionally attracted to/have fantasies about men, although I don't think often enough for me to say bi or even a one on the kinsey scale for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a term that works but honestly, without sexual attraction isn't that love just "friendship"?

A very, very close and deep friendship, but at the end of the day it's still friendship.

Pansexual probably... I don't really care what bits anyone has, if I'm sexually attracted to them then that's that

Pansexual probably... I don't really care what bits anyone has, if I'm sexually attracted to them then that's that

That's nice, but it's probably true for everyone. When someone says "what's your sexuality?" they're not asking for the potentials, they're asking for your past record of attraction.

"I am a five on the Kinsey scale. I am gay." "I am a 1 on the Kinsey scale. I am straight." etc.

Potentially I'm bisexual. I'm not ruling out being attracted to a woman or even a dinosaur but is it practical to call myself pansexual? Not really.

(This wasn't an attack on you. It was just an observation.)

That's nice, but it's probably true for everyone. When someone says "what's your sexuality?" they're not asking for the potentials, they're asking for your past record of attraction.

"I am a five on the Kinsey scale. I am gay." "I am a 1 on the Kinsey scale. I am straight." etc.

Potentially I'm bisexual. I'm not ruling out being attracted to a woman or even a dinosaur but is it practical to call myself pansexual? Not really.

(This wasn't an attack on you. It was just an observation.)
fair enough

I'm a 3 on the kinsey scale anyway and when people ask what I am, I just say bi as it's easier :B

Last edited:
what the fuck is pansexual and how does it differ from bisexual?

i've never been able to figure this out.

Back
Top Bottom