• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Debug whut?

Shadow Serenity

Lurking
Pronoun
He/Him
Okay, so it seems no matter where I go here, at the bottom of every page, this box appears, entitled "vBulletin 3.7.2 Debug Information". It's full of all kinds of... well, random data that I imagine would be part of the site's coding.

There is an X in the corner, but even when I close the box, it reappears when I visit a new page. So... is this a setting I can edit or some kind of forum bug or what?

I took a screenshot of it and put it on my photobucket here, if that helps any. It goes off the page, so I couldn't get a full picture, but...

Also, would this go in forum help or forum discussion?

AIM, IE7 and Windows Live Messenger. I can't say I approve of your choice in browsers or im apps!

On the actual topic, somehow I seriously doubt it's unintentional. It was probably a quick reference for Butterfree while she was setting up. It will probably removed eventually, and I can't imagine it's causing more than minor annoyance on your part.

They all work fine for me. :P Besides, most of my friends use either AIM or MSN, so having a messenger that no one else I know does won't do me any good. :P

Yeah, its not really causing any problems, I was just wondering what exactly it was.

It's "debug mode", a developer option in vBulletin that makes it easier to figure out what's wrong if you're making hacks. I actually turned it off before opening the forums, but then I turned it back on to see what was wrong with the rules and forgot to turn it off again.

Actually debug mode is the most useful in the Admin CP, as a lot of hack options only become available when in debug mode. At the old forums I had a hack that turned debug mode on in the Admin CP but off everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom