• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fiddler Creek

BlueMoony

Don't stand so close to me....
Well, you've done it again. Being the amazing genius you are, you decided not to buy a map before exploring the forest, trusting in your instinct and nature to keep you out of trouble. Idiot!
Now the ground has started to turn into a slimy muck that has completely ruined your shoes and the bottom of your pants, the trees are gone, and you have a feeling that you've made your way into a swamp. But wait! Can it be? Music! And music=civilization!
You begin to follow the tune, and eventually come across an old log cabin. The source of the music is coming from an old man playing a duet with a Krickitune on a banjo on his front porch. Oh great, a hillbilly. Still, it's better than nothing. He stops when he hears your footsteps and lifts his head.
"Look, Fiddler. Visitors! Sit down, sit down," he says, waving towards a rocking chair that has seen better days.
"Now what brings a city slicker around this part of the swamp?"
You explain how you got lost, and politely ask if he knows the way to the next town.
"I don't, but Fiddler does," the hillbilly says, pointing at the Krickitune. "He knows the swamp like the back of his... antenna-thingers. But it'll cost you to take my Poke'mon out. I'd say... 'bout three dollars."
Before you can open your mouth to argue, he launches into an explanation.
"By takin' Fiddler out, you're putting both your and his life in danger. This here swamp is filled with dangerous Poke'mon who don' take kindly t' strangers. But who knows, Fiddler might find you a rare one!"

Basically, it's three dollars to let Fiddler take you through the swamp so you can catch a Poke'mon. There's a lot of Dark and Ghost types out there, as well as Bug and Grass-types. There's a good chance you could be attacked, though. If you don't want to take a chance, you could stay with the old man and play him a nice tune.

Fiddler leads you on a short trek through the trees. In a few minutes, you come across an Oran Berry plant.(3 berries) Even if you haven't found any Pokemon yet, these could come in handy. You are just about to pick them when a snarling Poochyana bursts out from underneath. Will you
a) Attempt to capture the Poochyana?
b)Scare it away and take the berries?
c)Or run away and keep walking?

NinjaChatot

You run as fast as you can, with the (possibly) rabid dog pokemon hot on your heels. After climbing a tree, you can see the dejected Poochyana walk away. With a sigh of relief, you start to scramble back down, only to come face to face with a....

Chingling(female)! The poor dear appears to be tangled in some of the branches. Will you take it?(You can continue 2 more times)

coolking49
Fiddler leads you along a flat, marshy plain, until the two of you can't walk any farther without swimming through the mud. The Krickitune makes a thin humming sound, and a head pokes up from the mud. It's a...
Wooper(Male)! Will you take it?

coolking49
Ignoring the Wooper, you skirt the edge of the mud pit and come upon a small stand of trees. You can hear a buzzing sound, mysteriously like a chainsaw. Peeking around a tree you see a...
Scyther(Male)! Will you take it?

Back
Top Bottom