• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

going to concert brb

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Yes, that's right, Despises-Human-Contact Kratos Aurion is going to a two-day concert. Shock! Horror! Two of my favorite bands (and several others of which I am at least marginally fond) will be playing and I figure I might as well go see 'em live at least once, since they're actually in my state and all. The concert, for those who care.

I have never done this "concert" thing before! I am excited, and... yeah!

Out of curiosity, aside from stagediving (probably not possible as I'm not that close to the front--though I'm pretty sure my seat is good!), buying swag and going deaf from copious amounts of metal, are there awesome things I should do while there? Enlighten me, people who actually make regular efforts to go see live music!

mmmgrfl kamelot and nocturnal rites YAY

Last edited:
:D Have fun! Concerts are excellent. Even the fuzzy-semi-deafness afterwards is an important part of the experience. Though I've only really gone to rock concerts - I suppose I'd expect you to go fully deaf from a metal one XD

Can we expect pictures of your merch, etc., when you get back?

Hope you have fun!

I am surprise you are seeing live humans near other live humans aside from the slaves you own and the ones in the dungeon! ((Don't ask))

Epicness. I've only ever seen TSO (Kinda on this really blurred line between rock and metal) and I must say, the deafness is well worth it for a concert like that. Have much funnings!

TSO...? As in Trans-Siberian Orchestra, or someone else? Because if it's Trans-Siberian Orchestra then damn, lucky you.

Anyway! All done now, and it was generally awesome! I ended up missing the first two acts on Friday (one because I was confused and Ticketmaster lies, the other because when they started I was at a Kamelot signing but what I heard through the doors told me I wouldn't like them so I bailed for an hour) and the last act today (which is totally okay because ew HammerFall), but what I did see was totally worth the money and the hearing problems. I might actually do this again! Maybe not the same show next year (who the hell are all of those people and ew Dream Evil), but... something!

ALSO. THINGS KRATOS HAS LEARNED FROM PROGPOWER:

1. Ticketmaster lies. Double-check concert start times somewhere else, anywhere else, because otherwise you get there "early", stand around outside thinking that the band performing in there is part of something else and you can't take your seat yet, when in fact you are missing the beginning of your show (sorry, Illusion Suite; oh, well, they didn't exactly sound omfgamazing anyway).
2. Technical difficulties suck. Moreso when the crowd is too stupid to realize that cheering and chanting the band's name does not fix the broken keyboard or drums or lights or whatever, no matter how many times you do it in the space of an hour. And your ride gets pissed off when you keep texting them with "30 more minutes, for srs this time I swear". The bands are generally worth the wait, though!
3. Leaves' Eyes' harsh vocals are more tolerable than I thought they'd be live! Who knew? I didn't think I could sit through it.
4. Where has Seventh Wonder been all my life? Must go find music!
5. Seeing the band that actually first got you into a genre of music is pretty cool! I was a little sick of Týr for a while because I only had a few of their songs and have heard them a million times, but seeing them live was epic and now I need to go get more of their stuff!
6. Nocturnal Rites is really, really fucking awesome live.
7. Kamelot doesn't sound quite as good without Roy Khan singing, but Michael Eriksen did a decent job except on When the Lights Are Down (which sounded funny with his voice) and Ghost Opera (which they just plain screwed up). They were great overall, though, and I can't wait to listen to the new album when I am Not-Tired-And-Deaf! (please get better fast, though, Roy)
8. Concerts really do make you go deaf! Next time, steal a package of Dad's earplugs!
9. Where has DGM been all my life? Must go find music!
10. Delain is really, really fucking awesome live.
11. I can now confirm my theory that I can only listen to two consecutive minutes of Marco Hietala's voice at a time. He seems like an awesome guy and was entertaining on stage between Tarot's songs, and he's okay when he guest-sings for other people, but I hit that third consecutive minute of him and he gets annoying and I want him to shut up and go back to sticking bananas on his head/crotch.
12. Did I mention that Nocturnal Rites and Delain are really, really fucking awesome live?

I only got a few things at the concert because I'm poor, and I'm too deaf and achy and braindead to fiddle with a camera now, but I could totally take a picture of the CD Kamelot + Michael Eriksen signed! Maybe! If I remember!

\m/ okay going to bed now ugh.

Last edited:
8. Concerts really do make you go deaf! Next time, steal a package of Dad's earplugs!

Nononono. Deafness is the whole point; you are missing the point if you wear earplugs. :(

Seriously, opal. Wear earplugs. I've gone to tons and it really is better if you wear them.

Now you have to go look up videos of the concert on Youtube to see if you're in them.

Back
Top Bottom