• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Halloween Mafia 2011: Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ASB Halloween Mafia 2011: Day 1

(I'd just like to note my post in the absence sheet covers this too :[ don't get mad at my lack of appearances because I really lack computer time.)

But I'm gonna abstain too; we got two mafioso already so I think we're doing pretty good!

Wait, here's a relevant question -- are abstentions counted as actual abstentions from voting, or votes for no lynch? The difference being, if someone suddenly wanted to vote for someone in the end game, it would still only take one vote if these are actual notes for abstention, whereas they'd have to beat out the number of 'votes for no lynch'.... does that make sense?

Wait, here's a relevant question -- are abstentions counted as actual abstentions from voting, or votes for no lynch? The difference being, if someone suddenly wanted to vote for someone in the end game, it would still only take one vote if these are actual notes for abstention, whereas they'd have to beat out the number of 'votes for no lynch'.... does that make sense?
Well, that's the difference between abstinence from lynching (= votes for no lynch) and abstinence from voting (= someone can suddenly cause a lynch by ninjavoting).

I'm willing to imagine it's the former, since we weren't warned about ninjavotes. In any case, anybody ninjavoting would be hanging a sign around their neck that says "MAFIA" in obnoxiously sparkling letters; having just lost at least one member (and maybe two), I don't imagine they'd be planning on sacrificing another just so they can get a single player lynched.

You are abstaining from lynching, not abstaining from voting. If you don't want to vote then just... don't post anything in bold. :V

But there are people like Zhorken and Clover and Kusari to heal.
Wait. Me? Like since Clover's there I assume you mean Zhorken(me) and not Zhorken(r). Even though I've never played forum mafia except for TV Tropes mafia where I died after one post...?

Anyway I'm "a normal trainer" i.e. townie. So I don't need to be damage-capped (I don't want to get killed by ref clash!) and I'm also not really worth killing so um leave me alone to survive please. :c

EDIT: Also, wasting time killing me gives ultraviolet(r) another night to narrow you down!

Last edited:

Well, now I suddenly feel obligated to express surprise at being named too.

... which would not be unjustified. Honestly, I don't mafia much either. Not that I wouldn't appreciate living, because surviving this fiasco which I was tangentially involved in causing, but it's really Kratos and Pathos's faults is how to get prizes, but I shouldn't be considered a "big name" or anything.

In any case, we are well past the point where jumping on the make-Kratos-sadfaec bandwagon can even pretend to be productive, so I'll just ... awkwardly leave this post here.

Wait. Me? Like since Clover's there I assume you mean Zhorken(me) and not Zhorken(r). Even though I've never played forum mafia except for TV Tropes mafia where I died after one post...?

Anyway I'm "a normal trainer" i.e. townie. So I don't need to be damage-capped (I don't want to get killed by ref clash!) and I'm also not really worth killing so um leave me alone to survive please. :c

EDIT: Also, wasting time killing me gives ultraviolet(r) another night to narrow you down!

When you received your role, was your rolename similar to "random trainer" or was it an actual battler's name?

... well idk DDx I don't frequent the mafia forums enough to remember who actually plays a lot...! I just remembered Clover GMing TWEWY mafia, and playing the last (full) game of ASB mafia. And then I thought, Kusari and Zhorken are ASB veterans, maybe healers will go after them for that reason, idk.

... but my point does stand that those are unlikely heal targets, enough so so that it's not likely both healers would go for them at once.

Nice job narrowing down the targets for the mafia :( You're an innocent, too, and pointing out the much more efficient people to kill (ones that aren't you, apparently) just makes sure that if we lose you lose last.

Abstain, I suppose.

General announcement about something I forgot to mention! It would be really awesome if you guys didn't edit your posts in this game, mkay. Through modly magic I have ascertained that the edits made so far were just additions and formatting changes, so I'm not calling anyone out for cheating, but don't do it in the future if you can at all avoid it, please.

Also, LotF, since I think your edit was due to a misunderstanding of what I said: you were fine with leaving "abstain" in bold, unless you were in fact not voting for anything. Posting "abstain" in bold means "count my vote for 'do not lynch anyone'", so that at the end of the day if there's one vote for lynching A and one for abstaining then someone will have to tiebreak to decide whether A gets lynched or not. If you don't post anything in bold at all then you have no vote, so a vote for lynching A and other people not posting in bold would mean that A gets lynched.

You can also just post "no lynch" if there's going to be all this confusion over what abstain means, but I generally treat "abstain" as synonymous with that.

1. HighMoon -- flipped mafia upon death
2. Pathos
3. Phantom
4. Grass King
5. Kusarigamaitachi
6. Metallica Fanboy
7. Crazy Linoone
8. Effercon
9. Dark Aura
10. The Omskivar
11. Mai
12. Littlestream
13. Lord of the Fireflies
14. Mawile
15. Skylark -- mafia
16. Denryu
17. Legendaryseeker99
18. Superbird -- not mafia
19. bulbasaur
20. Zhorken
21. RespectTheBlade
22. blazheirio889
23. Clover

Updated list!

HighMoon(p) should have flipped mafia upon death, not "not mafia". Fixing the boldtext, will fix the description (slightly) later when I don't have other things to be doing. fml.

So! The word "flipped" is really standing out to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think it means that HighMoon(p) had a role that IP checks up as Innocent but is Mafia when dead. So I think HighMoon(p) may be Byrus(r) or Metallica Fanboy(r). I'm not sure how or even if this is useful.

Uh yeah. I'm going to Abstain/no lynch for the moment because it's day1.

Actually, I think "flipped" is a standard word...? idk, I /think/ I've seen it in use like that in other places. Kratos may have more easily confused HighMoon's alignment because of that, but... I think it'd be best not to rely on that somewhat-flimsy piece of information.

((Flip is another way of saying "is revealed as", and it's common mafia parlance. Think of it as finding the body face-down in the morning, then flipping them over and realizing who they are (innocent or mafia). HighMoon may or may not have had a role with a misleading alignment; I've said nothing either way, and it had nothing to do with the slip-up.

Sorry it took me so long to write this little bit; been distracted and feeling a little off-kilter today.))

The celebrations of the Lost are not as short-lived as I would have expected. If I thought that the murderers knew that I was here, if I thought that my life might be in danger, I would be a bit more keen to observe and interrogate—I don't particularly care to have my life cut short when it would appear that I have an eternity left to me, or at least what feels like one—but they manage to tamp down their own urge to kill, everyone agreeing that the relative good fortune they've seen thus far is enough to carry them through their next period of rest.

They are entitled to believe what they wish, I suppose. If nothing else I understand that they must feel little need for haste. As for me, I find it hard to believe that the corrupted ones will take the loss of their fellows lying down.

I wouldn't.

No one was lynched.

You have 48 hours for night actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom