• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

Reading The Book Thief. Love how it's narrated by Death... d:
(finished the last AF book. good ending...<3)

Running Wild by Michael Morpurgo (please tell me if I spelt that wrong.) I just finished reading Fire World by Chris d'Lacey. Both good books, if I could breath without snorting. Darn weather

Just finished The Nine Lives of Chloe King. Well, almost. I got bored of it somewhere around the third segment.

I'm also reading LoTR. Somewhere in the middle of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson. I've been hoarding travel novels the last few months; they've become my new favorite. Bryson actually makes me want to visit Hammerfest. :D

Recently finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Kids with terminal cancer pondering life and the sudden absence thereof. Excellent, go read it.

Yes. The characters especially are just written very interestingly.

Reading How to Read Literature Like a Professor. Better than I expected.

I'm currently reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. It is amazing. It makes me want to read The Da Vinci Code.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I think it's a good read so far.
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer is one I'm going to start very soon, probably in the next day or so.
Rereading The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Addams, though progress is slow on this one due to the first book I listed.

Since Saturday, I've read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, Darke by Angie Sage, Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer and The Spook's Blood by Joseph Delaney. Now I'm working on The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Recently finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Kids with terminal cancer pondering life and the sudden absence thereof. Excellent, go read it.

But it's really pretentious and creepy. :(

I'm reading Virginia Woolf's Night and Day & The Waves! And other things! Sigh, I wanted to read way more this summer.

I haven't read it personally (I've only read Green's Paper Towns, which was all right) but even if that was the intention, Cirrus probably doesn't feel like the novel achieved that very well or in a manner e liked.

I'm still repeatedly thumbing through my copies of The Bees (Carol Ann Duffy) and her new collected poems volume, and then I have The Girl Who Couldn't Come (Joey Comeau) which I just like to reread because I love the crispness of his sentences and the way he constructs things.

Wow that was incredibly pretentious.

It's hard to get myself to read at home (I read much more/faster at school) but off and on I've been reading John Dies At The End (it reads just like a Cracked article I love it so far) and the first book of the Mistborn series. Not really into it but my boyfriend likes it so I'm trying to get through it.

Anybody here read any of the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss? Those books are like my second favorite ever (behind The Last Unicorn of course) but the fandom seems to be full of the type of people who ship the protagonist with his teachers/friends even though he's clearly in love with someone else and is actually telling everything in flashback and ugh it just rubs me the wrong way so hard and I'm afraid to leave my safe zone of TCoD to find people to talk to about it :v

Anybody here read any of the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss? Those books are like my second favorite ever (behind The Last Unicorn of course) but the fandom seems to be full of the type of people who ship the protagonist with his teachers/friends even though he's clearly in love with someone else and is actually telling everything in flashback and ugh it just rubs me the wrong way so hard and I'm afraid to leave my safe zone of TCoD to find people to talk to about it :v

I have! They are some of my favourite books of recent years. I tend to stay away from fandoms of things I like, though, is it really that bad? (I should admit, though, that I find Denna horribly boring. :D)

It's okay! Looking for Alaska is a lot more accomplished as a novel, though. It's structured really well and contains less concentrated emotion.

Cirrus said:
But it's really pretentious and creepy. :(
I get that feel! I think it's because it's romanticised up to eleven. Like the novel is supposed to be kind of a romance epic but supposedly Hazel is meant to challenge that a little but she only kinda sorta does? It's hard because Hazel is the narrator so.
I mean there's also the fact that more or less the entire storyline is one big suspension of disbelief (augustus what are you even doing) but eh. I'm forgiving.

Just finished Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. About to re-read The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan.

Just started American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. (I watched the movie but never got around to reading the book before) Also looking into reading Unwind afterwards. I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread and it seemed interesting.

If your talking about real books, I'm currently reading The Hunger Games. If your talking about fanfics, read my One-Shot, Revenge, and tell me what u think! :D

If your talking about real books, I'm currently reading The Hunger Games. If your talking about fanfics, read my One-Shot, Revenge, and tell me what u think! :D
Please stop advertising your threads; asking people repeatedly to look at your stuff when it's off-topic is likely to have the opposite effect.

Back
Top Bottom