• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

Darkness falls, and an uneasy silence pervades the land as a small group of Kanto Pokémon head to sleep — except for those who have other intentions for the night.

Role PMs have been sent out.
48 hours for night actions.

Re: Retro Choice Pokémafia [Game Thread]

The small community of Pokemon awakens this morning to a pervading sense of dread — which is proven justified when, noticing Omanyte's lateness, somebody goes to check in his pond and finds him dead, his shell broken, his body badly beaten. Shocked, the Pokemon of this little corner of Kanto decide they must find the perpetrator! No murderer can go unpunished!

XyWVH5u.png

I liek Scythers is dead.
He was innocent.

48 hours for day phase discussion.

alright no one else is talking and I'd rather save my warning for a day when I am actually busy so I shall post whimsically

*mourns ILS with the help of the conch song from beyond the grave*

Oh, yeah, there's gonna be inactive kills in this game.
The night kill looks 'normal', I guess? This is supposed to be a fairly vanilla game, though, so I probably shouldn't expect anything special.
There probably won't be much discussion this Day, since it's only the first one. I think once everyone's posted we could decide what to do (though that would probably be an abstain, unless the cop's got a lead).

Well, I have a tiny bit of information: ILS was a freemason recruiter (in the sense of allowing private communication only, not full-on cult), and he recruited me last night. Presumably his death means the freemasons are now irrelevant (me communicating privately with myself isn't exactly helpful), but at least we know he wasn't a more important role.

This is my first ever Mafia game, so I apologize if I'm not doing things the way you're supposed to. Click here to hear my contribution to today's discussion!

lol @MD

anyway i don't have much to say because surprise surprise VM is visiting me lmao and uh that's a thing that's been happening! Haven't been thinking about the game much. (Also I'm gonna be without Internet access Friday and Saturday so forewarning for that.)

why does ILS have like the same role he did last game though is my question

Well, I have a tiny bit of information: ILS was a freemason recruiter (in the sense of allowing private communication only, not full-on cult), and he recruited me last night.
Again? Seriously? Oh, well, it's still a shame in that we have some roles that become absolutely deadly with coordination (imagine if he'd wrangled doc and cop in tandem). I'm just glad he was Dreaming God, though, that would have been tacky as all hell considering the flavor.

Presumably his death means the freemasons are now irrelevant (me communicating privately with myself isn't exactly helpful), but at least we know he wasn't a more important role.
Well, you never know, right? I mean, technically, it's private communication happening outside the game. Just like this one time I was thinking to myself about this game, even though I don't have a freemason power, and-

Metallica Fanboy is dead. He was innocent.

Alas, I don't have the time or creativity to come up with anything as great as MD or VM's contributions. Should we just abstain?

If that's where the train's going, I'm good with jumping on. (abstain)

Hmmm. No matter how overpoweringly convincing MD's and VM's claims of innocence are, I can't say I have a good feeling about so much taste for abstaining. Even if it is N0, we're not even half past the time limit -- there's every chance someone might have something to share, and if it's big enough to lynch over, two votes left on Abstain could rapidly become bad news if other players aren't sufficiently active, or if the time window of reaction is sufficiently strict.

Oh, I thought we were closer to the time limit? Whoops. In that case I'll retract my vote (or non-vote?) for now in case something comes up

Hmmm. No matter how overpoweringly convincing MD's and VM's claims of innocence are, I can't say I have a good feeling about so much taste for abstaining. Even if it is N0, we're not even half past the time limit -- there's every chance someone might have something to share, and if it's big enough to lynch over, two votes left on Abstain could rapidly become bad news if other players aren't sufficiently active, or if the time window of reaction is sufficiently strict.
You're right, MF. I do have something to share - about you! I found this recording in the mansion last night. How do you explain this!?

(Augh... I didn't want to believe it... but the evidence is just too solid! Oh, MF, what have you done! Remember how our mama used to tell us "don't be a murderer"! If she could see us now...)

You're right, MF. I do have something to share - about you! I found this recording in the mansion last night. How do you explain this!?

(Augh... I didn't want to believe it... but the evidence is just too solid! Oh, MF, what have you done! Remember how our mama used to tell us "don't be a murderer"! If she could see us now...)
Nice try, but unless you can dig up something related to the number 23, I'm Teflon.

Speaking of which, though, are you perhaps aware that "Music Dragon, Doosic Maggon" counts up to 23 letters exactly? Or that your join date is on June 25, 2008, when 25 and 2008 add up to 2033, a number that begins with a 2 and ends with a 3? Or that your post count is 2,214, and when you add the last three characters of that together you get 2007, which is the year when the movie "The Number 23", starring Jim Carrey, was released in America? Or that your preferred pronouns are he/him, or as I like to call it, 2 letters and then 3 letters?

See you on the chopping block, Music Dragon. Or should I say, Mafia 23goon.

Back
Top Bottom