• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Articuno, and a Blu.

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
Sorry guys, there aren't any Articuno in here. :( It was all a tremendous lie.

So! As well as spriting, I like to draw things. I'm not the best artist in the world, and have quite a bit of trouble with perspective, foreshortening and anatomy, but apparently I'm reasonably good.

Paper

I tend to draw on paper quite a lot, though it's annoying when the scanner kills colours and the like.

The main cast of MOTHER 3. My first time drawing a lot of these characters, but they're pretty good. I have trouble with Lucas and Claus' hair. XD;

gieguehatesppl.jpg

Giegue and Mewtwo chillin'. This was drawn before the Sky Shaymin was officially revealed, and fakes and arguments were floating around. Also, Mewtwo/Giegue discussions amuse me.

Fake Fire starter pokeymans. Pretty good.

Fake Water starter pokeymans. Pretty horrible.

Fake Grass starter pokeymans. Best of the trio, I think.

M3 spoilers (unused stuff): LUUUCAS.

M3 spoilers (chapter 7): Knitting. The chair kinda sucks, as it was my first time drawing one.

lucasanduc.jpg

The UC is not Boney.

lucasandboney.jpg

Boney is not the UC.

dragoreen.jpg

Fanart of Butterfree's Dragoreen. I don't know what it really looks like, of course, but hopefully I didn't butcher it too badly...

Oekakiii

I took a break from this since Shipainter kept suiciding whenever I tried to draw stuff, but I'm trying to get back into it again.

UC has an evil grin. This was actually made in Paint, but close enough.

Kraken McKrak. Limited colours, and water that doesn't look like water! Yaaaay.

Snowball fights don't work against Carbon Dog. All of it just melts, I guess.

A Desert Wolf, waiting to poison youuu. Dusty Dunes Desert is sometimes annoying, with all the poisoning and sunstroke.

shinnyditoo.png

A creepy shiny Ditto that lots of people like for some reason.

hoppip.png

A creepy Hoppip that lots of people like for some reason.

A Shaymin, which was my first oekaki picture since forever. A bit rusty around the edges, but still nice.

FATTY ARCEUS FATTY ARCEUS. I always end up drawing it fat somehow fdsdfgsd. XD;

Sorry that a lot of these aren't Pokemon. So, um... comment and suggest things, I guess!

Last edited:
Ahahaha this is awesome. I like both your stuff done on paper and your oekaki stuff, athough they're... different, ish? The styles for each, I mean. I like them both, though.

Oddly, out of all your starter designs I think I like the water ones best (I especially like the middle-form water one) but all three lines are pretty cool and the last stage of the grass line looking like he wants a hug made me laugh. I like your little comments on the pictures, hehe.

The Dragoreen is also really nice, and the fattish Arceus made me laugh mostly because of your "FATTY ARCEUS FATTY ARCEUS", which I thought was highly amusing for some reason. Yes, so anyway, nice stuff you have here. :3

:DDDDD EarthBound/Mother 3 stuff~ Haven't actually played EB, but I'm going to once it comes on VC, I hope.
I especially love your Ultimate Chimera stuff, though the Paint one seems to be missing the badass duck on his head. :[

Aaaand Arceus is now the official God of Fat.

D'aww, they're so cute. I have to say I like the Mother 3 group picture the best, though the simplistic Pokemon like Ditto and Hoppip are too sweet for words X3

Did you use markers for some of the paper ones, or do you have absurdly bright pencils? They look really bright and happy, either way~

Blu

Did I ever tell you (recently) that i think your style is completely and utterly epic?
And dude, HOW can you use coloured pencils so well D: I fail at life with them

aaaaaa thanks for the comments guys. :D I only expected to get one or two, haha. Speaking of which, I should really get over my shyness sometime and comment on other peoples' threads...

Mhal: Thank you! I think it's because it's easier to have backgrounds and colourful colours on the computer, plus the lines are all tapery. More difficult doing that stuff on paper.

Really? I think Puppeal's just fine, but I keep redesigning the other two over and over. I have no idea why, but... I guess something seems odd with them. The main issue's probably that they don't seem watery enough for me. XD; I think I'll perhaps combine that Sealerus with this old design.

Yeah, I like the metallic shading on that one, though the scanner messed it up a little. And Arceus really needs to lose weight, I reckon.

PG: It's cool? Perhaps I should get it a coat or something, then. Maybe a hat and gloves?

j/k, thanks. :3

Walker: OH MAN I can't believe I forgot the ducken., :( uhhh HOLD ON A SEC

ducken.png

there we go.

Hope EB gets on the VC and you get to play it, too! And yup, he really is. More exercise and less lazing about in heaven is what he needs to do.

Dannichu: Thank yooouu. The group picture is one of my favourites too, and I think I'm the only one who thinks the Hoppip and Ditto are creepy. A person even asked to use the Ditto in a roleplay once, haha.

I use those cheap pencils that you get for like £2 at Tescos. XD; I think it's just how hard I press on them, really.

Jollytea: Not recently, but maybe quite a long while ago? I'm not sure how, but I guess it's just all the practice I've had by staying off oekaking for ages. I do still end up going outside the lines sometimes, though...

And now for pictures!

I can't believe I forgot to post this one before. A birthday present for a friend, Inika. This was pretty experimental for me, with the dramatic shading and the movement and all that. Pretty nice!

chigdoodles.jpg

Doodly stuff about one of my fakes, Chigarona. He's meant to be rather silly and nonsensical, but I tried making a little sense out of him. Not much has changed since this, just me generally improving, and moving the cannons to a better place. I've also never drawn him from the front before, so I was practicing that too.

peegeray.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEEGEROO

Wolves aren't exactly a thing I draw all the time, but I still think I've improved at them, kind of. Hope you like it!

Ahahahaha the Arceus on an exercise bike. Oh that made my day. XD

I love your doodlings, your drawing style is just so cool and cute or something like that. The Flareon is also lovely, your computer-shading is really nice and I like it a lot. :3

All your designs for fakes are actually really cool, and you avoid doing something that a lot of people do with evolving-fakes that really annoys me; a lot of people won't make a lot of changes with evolutions, they'll just make the original form bigger or something, but with all of yours the whole design of each evolution changes enough so that it seems more authentic. Man, I love all the designs for the water ones so much, though. Both the old-style and new-style Sealeruses are extremely awesome, but play around with their designs if you're still not happy with them; I'm sure they'll just get cooler. :D

Oh and you should definitely comment on other people's art threads. Everyone loves getting comments~

The excercising Acerus made me giggle, too. More than anything on the You Laugh, You Lose thread thus far X3
And I looove the Flareon with the shading and the movement and the simple but still really pretty background. The little dots as eyes work really well, too.

And the hind legs of that wolf are <3.

:D You should put the Arceus on the bike in the You Laugh, You Lose thread.

I really love how you shade your art. The Flareon is especially cool; the shading, the pose... <3

BLU
I LIKE, LOVE HOW YOU COLOUR ON PAPER. It's just really awesome. What kind of pens do you use? If you don't use pens then I'm sorry. It's just the way some of the pics are coloured look like it. :B
And your oekaki stuff is great too!

Oh man. This thread died so much, it's the last thread in the last page. D: DON'T WORRY THREAD, I'M RESCUING YOU.

Thanks for the comments, by the way! I shall try my best to comment on other art and stop being ridiculously shy, because I feel terribly guilty when I don't. Inika's actually just a red-and-yellow Eevee, though I guess it's easy to think he's a Flareon, 'cuz of how I put the fire around him and all. XD;

I don't actually use pens, just pencils (or rather, I did). But you guys kinda made me try out pens, and... well, I guess you'll see in a minute.

artiqno.jpg

This thread isn't a lie anymore! It has Articuno! :DDD (also, Artiqno.) I was trying to colour lighter than I normally do.

rbvenusaur.jpg

A Venusaur, using only four colours like in RGBY. This was mostly because the pens have a very limited palette. It's very Bulbasaur-ish because I didn't have a ref, and I've never drawn a Venusaur before.

rbcharizard.jpg

Charoozardon. I'm normally terrible at drawing Charizard arms, but these ones are better than usual. This picture also demonstrates how my scanner can't tell the difference between red and orange. Boooo.

grordragon.jpg

OH MY GOD IT'S A DRAGON

I was going to draw Blastoise but then I didn't. :( I'm sorry.

puppealguys.jpg

penkindleguys.jpg

yup.

pkmnltblue.jpg

W-what have I done? D:

crochorsegon.jpg

Crocodile-horse-dragon. Very weird-looking.

rbmoltres.jpg

Malteasers!

rbshaymin.jpg

I didn't have a ref for Skymin so it's probably wrong. Anyway, probably the best of the RGBYguys so far, despite some mistakes.

rbchigarona.jpg

Chigarona bravely tries out crosshatching and horseanatomy for me. The result is very failure-ish! The cannon does make me want to shade metallic things now, though.

And that's about it! Hopefully this thread won't fall into the abyss of dead again. I think I'll also take a couple of requests for RGBY-style things, since I love drawing them so much. You can also say which two not-white-or-black colours you want it to have, if you want, but I'm usually alright with picking them myself. My pen-palette has yellow, orange, red, pink, dark purple, dark blue, light blue, light green, darker green, brown, grey, and of course, black.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom