• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Power Ballads

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Last weekend I bought a 6-disc pack of power ballads, and although most of them in those CD's were sucky, there were also quite a few gems in there. Which brings up the question: what are your favorite power ballads?

Here's my list.

Night Ranger - Sister Christian
Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver, Victim of Changes
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Nightwish - Sleeping Sun
DragonForce - Starfire, Trail of Broken Hearts
Helloween - We Got the Right
Sonata Arctica - Last Drop Falls, Tallulah
Iced Earth - Blessed Are You
Guns n' Roses - November Rain
Aerosmith - Cryin'
Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses
KISS - Beth
Testament - Trail of Tears

Faith No More- The Real Thing (the song, not the whole album)
Faith No More- We Care A Lot
Mother Love Bone- Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns
Alice In Chains- I Stay Away

Testament, pretty much. Iced Earth avoids the gallons of cheese.

(not saying some of them are bad, nightwish song is great, but it is cheesy)

Nevermore - Believe In Nothing
Sonata Arctica - Replica
Kamelot - Abandoned

and to butcher my list,
Bon Jovi - Welcome To Wherever You Are
Nickelback - Far Away

floods - pantera
cemetery gates - pantera
hollow - pantera
learn from this mistake - down
a tout le monde - megadeth (REALLY not sure if this one counts, probably not, but)
nothing else matters - metallica (^ditto that. just throwing these here in case they do count.)
white - the cult

as you've probably guessed if you know these songs, i do not exactly have a firm grasp on what constitutes a power ballad, so i wouldn't be surprised if most of these don't count. do feel free to correct me if i am terribly mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom