• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gay Adoption

While I'm completely for it, I'd still worry about the kid at school who would get picked on mercilessly. I'm very much aware that this is nobody's fault than that of ignorant/closed minded people and with an attitude like this, nothing will ever change, but there's no denying that if a kid with openly gay parents is sent to school, you're basically condemning them to 10+ years of hell.

It's the same if you send a fat child to school or a really ugly child or even a child with glasses.

Eventually homosexuality won't be seen as a very big deal at all but that can only happen if gays actually push forward and you know have children and stuff. I mean I guess we're nearly there because homophobia's rapidly becoming "uncool" in a lot of places.

Oh. Some people think that if a kid grows up with two moms or two dads then it screws them up somehow. Or makes them gay. Which I don't see as a bad thing. I'm against homosexuality, but it's better for the kid to turn out gay (which isn't even a bad thing) than to grow up without parents.
...huh? how would having a single gender of parent 'mess the child up' more than a single parent? also explain why the parents being gay would 'make them' gay, and why are you against it and why against it 'but it's best they be gay (concluding that they'll be gay because of gay parents?)' but you're still against it - NWT IS A BIT CONFUSED

um wtf guys you're 100% wrong the same gene that turns good-natured, strong, white men into homosexuals also makes their parenting skills sharply decline

also their "not-being-a-pedophile" gene gets all messed up too

Honestly, I would like to bash the head in of anyone against gay adoption. Seriously, it's bad enough that you're not letting them marry. :|

While I'm completely for it, I'd still worry about the kid at school who would get picked on mercilessly. I'm very much aware that this is nobody's fault than that of ignorant/closed minded people and with an attitude like this, nothing will ever change, but there's no denying that if a kid with openly gay parents is sent to school, you're basically condemning them to 10+ years of hell.
One of my friends has two moms, I have never heard anybody tease her about it in the seven-or-so years I've known her. Maybe it's different at your school, but w/e.

I'm for it, especially since I may end up doing it. :D And then my kids will be raised open-minded and understanding and be awesome. *nodnod*

Really. I have a friend who has two mothers, and he's not gay/diseased/retarded/UNHOLY. :o

he's a bible thumper

and I don't mean that in a derogatory way necessarily, by definition it is someone who uses the bible to attack/defame others

It's the same if you send a fat child to school or a really ugly child or even a child with glasses.

Eventually homosexuality won't be seen as a very big deal at all but that can only happen if gays actually push forward and you know have children and stuff. I mean I guess we're nearly there because homophobia's rapidly becoming "uncool" in a lot of places.

Yeah, I'm guessing by the time our generation is in their early thirties, homophobia will have nearly completely declined. Maybe earlier.

Also, wouldn't a gay woman actually HAVING a baby with a straight man make the child more likely to be gay than adopting a random child?

Also, wouldn't a gay woman actually HAVING a baby with a straight man make the child more likely to be gay than adopting a random child?

...What? Could you cre to explain that?

it be true...sadly. Or the kids get ridiculed and h8 their parents... either or... or maybe both.

Really. Because I know someone who has two mothers, and he's as straight as a pole. And he's smart enough to know that the ignorant bastards that are bullying him for what his parents are is not the fault of said parents.

it be true... sadly. Or the kids get ridiculed and h8 their parents... either or... or maybe both.

Code:
      Point of sarcasm----> *whoosh*
                        O   <--- You
                      --|--
                        |
                       / \

And what the hell, did you actually spell "hate" with a letter and number? For God's sake, this is the Debating Hall, not the "Let's Sip Tea and Make TXT Quality Posts" forum.

As Alexi stated, two gay people who have the courage to stand out in today's society tend to be better parents than the typical marriage-locked couple that may as well end up in divorce. Ya know, something about teaching the kid about being more open-minded, which then applies to all of the kid's views.

I'm shocked this is even a debate, honestly.
If two people love each other enough to even consider adopting a child and raising it as their own, then let them, regardless of sexual orientation.

If it bothers those against it that much then don't be gay and don't adopt a child with a gay partner. If it doesn't harm anybody then why bother making such a big deal out of it?

Which is funny because it doesn't.
And they won't really be able to legitimately say it does because they'll have never witnessed it first hand.

Which is funny because it doesn't.
And they won't really be able to legitimately say it does because they'll have never witnessed it first hand.

Yeah, because they probably think that they will become 'corrupted' or some bullshit like that >.>

Back
Top Bottom