• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ava's Demon

Mai

Banned
Is a webcomic that you should definitely read! The art is amazing (really; everything just feels so fitting and thematic and the colors??? I'm not exactly /the definite judge/ of art quality but it really is recognizable as something great), the characters are intriguing (by which I mean completely perfect from the beginning), and the plot just goes and grabs you and speeds up really quickly and. It's just great, okay? There are little movies occasionally, too! They fit in really well, and make everything flow well; they're a huge jump from the individual panels, but it's not like they can't tell a story on their own.

It's easy to catch up on, too! Ava's Demon is a fairly new thing; I don't remember how long it took me to catch up, but forty minutes is a good estimate for most people. It'll probably depend a lot on your internet speed, though; it's entirely images/videos, so it might take time to load. But yeah, it's manageable! It usually updates on Thursdays, but it's on a holiday hiatus until the 11th. It gives you time to catch up, if you don't have much to spare normally!

Ummm quick plot summary: It's about this girl named Ava, who's haunted/cursed by a demon. Also it's the future. I swear it's better than this.

Content warning: suicide and self harm in general are a thing in this comic! Most of it is general creepy; there's nothing unusually gory or anything.

chsff.png
mhhlk.png
qhncx.png
jggbf.png

This isn't from the comic but it's art by the author and includes Ava (the one on the right) and it isn't spoilery so:

tumblr_mff42206pn1rtsbszo1_1280.jpg

The one on the left isn't from Ava's Demon.

Does anyone else here also read this?

Yes! It is a good thing that people should read! :o I haven't read much; I'm really looking forward to it, so I guess I'm saving it as a treat for the right time.

But yes pay attention to Mai here!!

This seems really awkward to follow. It doesn't have a feed so I can't put it in Reader and it doesn't post updates on the front page. What gives?

I've had this bookmarked for a long time after seeing it on tumblr somewhere, and i kind of forgot to check it after that. I will definitely check it out!

I don't, but thanks for the vacation-filler, Mai. Will read.

:D You're more than welcome!

This seems really awkward to follow. It doesn't have a feed so I can't put it in Reader and it doesn't post updates on the front page. What gives?

I'm not quite sure, really, and since I've just caught up recently I haven't really gotten a chance to have a problem with it but! There's a link to the latest update (not the latest page) on the main page, for what it's worth, and there is an option to save your progress. There's also a tumblr for Ava's Demon that posts every time there's a new update (although it does do other things) and a twitter account as well.

If nothing else, at least it updates predictably?

Back
Top Bottom