• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Da'akt Region (AKA "The big TCOD Fakedex Collab Project to revive this forum")

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
The first nineteen people (twenty counting myself) will get a major character loosely based on themselves. I already called dibs on being Champion, taking the name "Ferox".

This region will be based on the Indian Subcontinent (namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Tibet).
Now I need input on what the starters should be.

Usually, the Grass Starter is a reptile of some sort (with the only exception thus far being Chespin), but could be a mammal or bird.

Fire is typically an animal from the Chinese Zodiac. Game Freak have already used Dragon (Charmander), Rat (Cyndaquil), Chicken (Torchic), Monkey (Chimchar), Pig (Tepig), and Dog (Fennekin). However, we shouldn't limit ourselves to tradition, we could try the Western Zodiac, possibly.

Water obviously have to be something aquatic that can also live on land.

Their fully evolved forms need a common theme. Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja are based on classic RPG archetypes (Fighter, Wizard, and Rogue).
I have narrowed it down to a few possibilities.

Ancient Myths, Fairy Tales, and Classic Novels.

Let's start with the Grass Starter. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of some sort of real creature. Preferably one that still exists... Grass/Fairy is a good type combo, though.

You posted before I could edit in those links. I tried to choose different types of reptiles, but I'm still afraid they'll be too similar.

Doesn't *have* to a reptile, nor an animal native to that region either. It's geographically based on India and surrounding countries.

I would say a crocodile as Grass, but I plan on putting the Johto starters in and giving their final forms AWESOME Mega Evolutions. The most epic idea of which is Mega Feraligatr. Let's save that for another day, though.

I thought of a few ideas for potential Grass-type Starter.

Okapi (Grass/Dark when fully evolved)
Ring-Tailed Lemur (Grass/Fairy when full evolved)
Koala (Grass/Ghost when fully evolved)
Kiwi Bird (Grass/Steel when fully evolved)

I know, I just thought it would be cool. Water monitor for water starter though.

I kinda like the idea of a Grass/Steel Kiwi, but I wonder if a Grass/Flying starter (with an animal that can fly obviously) would be cool as well.

A toucan that becomes Grass/Flying upon its first evolution would be cool.

EDIT: But unfortunately a toucan will be one of the candidates for "early route bird" Pokemon.

This might be totally unoriginal, but I'm thinking about a tiger for Fire or Grass. Possibly with the final stage having a name based on Sher Khan?

Fire/Dark once the tiger fully evolved or Fire/Dark since the beginning?

imo, it would be best if the tiger had no open flames, like Litleo.

I was thinking something based on Hanuman for the grass starter. It fits well with Grass/Fairy. A monkey easily lends itself to be a physical glass cannon. The water monitor could be the tanky starter.

Yo, this is my bag, baby!

Grass starter idea: burning bush Koala! I'm yet to see a good eucalyptus-based Koala Pokémon; I'd like to see a Koala Pokémon that maybe learns moves like Dizzy Punch and Teeter Dance (eucalyptus intoxication?), or perhaps a Koala-panda cross.

Fire/Dark once fully evolved.

IDK while I like the idea of a Koala Pokémon with Dizzy Punch et al, I feel like that sort of moveset doesn't really fit a starter.

Fire/Dark once fully evolved.

IDK while I like the idea of a Koala Pokémon with Dizzy Punch et al, I feel like that sort of moveset doesn't really fit a starter.
shut up I'm perfect
I suppose you're right. I still like the idea in general, though.

Ferret, did it occur to you that your region doesn't have the letter "u" in it whereas all other region names do?

Grass/Fairy for Monkey, Fire/Dark for Tiger, and I was thinking Water/Steel for Monitor.

Sound good?
EDIT: I have come up with some ideas for new Mega Evolutions, particularly for the Johto Starters:
Mega Meganium (Grass/Psychic, Ability: Serene Grace)
Mega Typhlosion (Fire/Ground, Ability: Pressure)
Mega Feraligatr (Water/Dragon, Ability: Moxie)

Also... I have come up with ideas for the fossils (some of which you might need Wikipedia for information on...)
Note: These all from the Cenozoic era, and we haven't had any fossils from that era in Pokemon.

Woolly Mammoth (Ice/Rock)
Paraceratherium (Rock/Ground)
Megatherium (Rock/Ghost)
Glyptodon (Steel/Rock)
Chalicothere (Rock/Fighting)
Irish Elk (Rock/Dark)
Diprotodon (Rock/Fairy)
Machrauchenia (Rock/Psychic)
Saber-tooth Cat (Rock/Normal)
Entelodont (Rock/Electric)

Last edited:
Why Fire/Psychic? IDK, maybe it's just me, but I've always associated Typhlosion with volcanos. Probably because of Eruption and Lava Plume.

I want a Rock/Electric extinct pig!

I would like a Wooly Mammoth Pokémon, but an Indian Elephant Pokémon might also fit the region... Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom