• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open State of Bliss

Karae continued to look at his meal as if her stare would make it disappear faster than by the rate he was eating it. "Yes, I'm finished. Now, I'm waiting for you." She obviously expected him to eat faster, given that she was already done. Of course, she didn't have to bother with cutlery, and had not been given soup, but still, couldn't he go just a bit faster? She couldn't keep still, wings fluttering at the sides of her head as she twisted, coiling and trying to find a comfortable spot on the seat, but unable to due to her impatience.

Were humans always such slow eaters when their duties were ahead? Maybe he was lazy, or unwilling - she hadn't thought of that yet. The thought only made her more agitated, hissing softly to herself.

Gordon's eyes narrowed at Lindsay's tone. "Not pulling your Pilot out when he's obviously injured and being attacked while he's down, and you still think he's going to do something? If you truly had faith in him, he wouldn't be in this situation. And if you don't pull him out, there's a chance he'll bliss. I'm damn sure I know you wouldn't do this to Infelinal or Fangore, so don't do this to Godot."

((FFFFF THIS TOOK SO DAMN LONG TO POST BECAUSE I KEPT HAVING TO HOP BACK TO KUSA'S SIGN UP PAGE TO REMEMBER THEIR NAMES))

Lindsay immediately shot Gordon a glare, but covered it up with a scoff. "Of course I wouldn't do it to Infelinal and Fangore. I would even have pulled out Richard and Sideburn. They weren't ghosts. They couldn't phase into the ground and leave the mecha behind as a decoy, and just remain safely there until I pulled them out! If I figure that Godot was at least smart enough to figure that out before the zap cannon hit - well, it would be worse if I thought he was too stupid, wouldn't it? And if he is, then he deserves to be hit. There's really nothing more obvious. The only way he'd stay in the mecha is if he wants to die, and why wouldn't I grant him that wish?

"But even if I had, both of them could have found a way around being trapped in a broken mecha. And if not, they at least would have fought, somehow, to survive or make themselves useful.

"Besides, they would have destroyed that clefable before I even mentioned it, so the deoxys would never have been there in the first place."

"Godot isn't as experienced as you, and he's unconscious right now, so he's probably in the nightmare right now. I'm not an expert on ghosts, but I think you can't phase through things while your unconscious. Thus, pulling him out would be your damn duty as an Anchor."

With a squeal, Vapor charged towards the Attack Deoxys that was going after Godot, firing an Ice Beam ahead of her. She tackled into it, praying the Body Slam would have some effect, and then darted off again, charging another Hydro Pump. She blasted a defense Deoxys, and kept running.

"This is getting dangerous! Requesting backup, repeat, requesting backup!" She yelled, skidding to a stop when she saw shapes far off. "More Aliens at a distance - can't tell species, too far off. Requesting backup!"

Paul sighed as he heard the Dragonair's response. "... All right..." He tried to think of a way that would allow him to do so. Reluctantly, he just handed her his piece of meat, not wanting to choke on it if he rushed chewing. Then, he lifted his bowl of soup to his mouth and began to drink it, slurping and only pausing momentarily when he had to chew the more solid parts. It wasn't very pretty or polite, but it was effective, and within another two minutes, he had finally finished his meal. "There... I'm sorry I couldn't be faster, but I'm only human, you know?"

Paul stood up and turned to the Dragonair, prepared to let her lead the way.

Karae wolfed down the offered piece of meat and watched him anxiously. Was that bitterness in his voice? She instantly felt guilty for forcing him to take the pleasure out of his meal, just for her selfish need to prove herself. "I am... sorry. I shouldn't have rushed you." she managed, and then, before she could hesitate any longer, soared in the direction of the ANIMa. She wasn't going too fast, so he could run to catch up with her, but she dearly didn't want to waste any more time. Guilt would come later, but what if someone was in trouble now? Besides, staying to talk, explain, would only have made her feel worse, and being in a bad mood would affect her performance in battle. That could not be allowed.

Paul chucked a little, and started to run after Karae. "Yeah... right, so sorry about rushing me at lunch that you make me run down the halls." He didn't sound nagging, but rather seemed to be laughing about the whole thing. "It's all right, I should have just expected it really. I can see you're excited, but you should know that you'll be most effective if you take a little time to discover just how everything works. And I need to learn the systems myself too, so all I'm asking is that you don't rush yourself into a situation that you're not ready for, okay?" He entered the room, looking at the people that were already there, then took a seat at an empty control desk. "All right now, let's see how this works..."

Karae reluctantly hissed in agreement. "I'll wait until I know what to do." she promised, seeming rather displeased by having to wait to do what mattered so much to her. She circled Arthur, looking at the machine. "Er... how do I use this?" She hated having to ask, hated admitting that she had no idea what to do. Being newly brought in meant, though she knew the basics of what the ANIMa was, how to fight, how to recgonize enemies... she hadn't done it yet, so she had no idea what to do.

Arthur's eyes darted away from Lindsay, coming to rest on Karae.

"It's quite easy," he said kindly. "Just go lay down in the sleeping chamber, and on Paul's signal, he'll press the button that will send you to sleep. Once your in the dream, go for it."

The ice beam, travelling at nearly the speed of light as far as anyone was concerned, struck the attack deoxys on the leg, and it turned around and hissed. The body slam, however, did not - the defence deoxys between Vapor and her target were in face faster than her, one of them had no problem getting in her way. When she ran off, the other defence deoxys trailed her, apparently not minding the impending point-blank hydro pump, although its jewel was glowing and it might have been planning something.

"Yeah," Lindsay said, "me doing my duty is what you're concerned about, isn't it? Not Godot's safety." He sneered. "And you think he's unconscious because what, exactly? If you've got some telepathic communication with all pilots, you could have mentioned it. Either you do and you should be more concerned, if you want to pretend you care - or you don't know if Godot's unconscious and you should just shut up."

Shana started to shake in anger. This boy was really starting to piss her off more than over.

"If you no longer see through Godot's eyes. If there is no readings from your Fucking station. Then he is unconscious. Pull him out now or you will lose another pilot you sorry excuse for a human being"

She then returns for full attention to Vapor, taking a breath to calm herself. One can't work when pissed.

"Back up is on it's way. Repeat. Back up is on it's way."

Shana then looks over at Arthur and nods her head a bit.

"Chief...think you can find other partners that are willing to enter the fray as well? We need to help."

"I know how to add things together, kid," Arthur says, glaring at Lindsay. "Part of your duty IS Godot's safety, and I'm concerned about both. Also, I'd assume if a fellow anchor is asking you to pull your Pilot out, he's either unconscious, or you've been ignoring his own pleas. And if you think I didn't care, do you ever wonder why I would bother not sleeping for 7 years? Why would I bother looking after ALL of you, if I didn't care?!"

Looking over at Shana, Arthur nodded. "Karae and Paul are on their way in."

"Oh, fuck off," he snarled at Shana. "If all of the deoxys had their attention focused on beating Vapor, she'd be gone by now. It only took one clefable to get rid of her last time - and if you'll remember, that clefable is the reason for all of this. If you guys hadn't arrived I could've pulled Godot out and we'd just pretend we thought perish song worked. And losing Godot? Hardly an actual loss."

Lindsay crossed his arms, glaring at Gordon challengingly.

"What the fuck are you talking about? First off, a fainted mecha does not an unconscious pilot make. Second, you can care about the ultimate result without caring about your subordinates. You can care about saving your own family and just be using everyone else to get them back. You can care about not giving into the enemy, just because you don't want to lose." He smirked. "If you really cared about Godot's safety above all else, you wouldn't have been staying here yelling at me. You would have gone to my station, pressed the button, and saved the ranting for later. That bitch," he said, nodding at Shana, "has an excuse, because she has to keep Vapor from failing hard. You don't."

"Saving my own family, huh?" Arthur growled. "I don't have any family left to save."

Shoving Lindsay aside, he jammed the button to bring Godot back. "I'd think Godot's anchor would have the decency to do it himself, but I suppose not. You don't deserve to be an anchor if you don't care about your Pilot's well being. Without them, we wouldn't have a fighting chance. And if we lose, then we're ALL screwed, it's not just me. As for Vapor, if you weren't such an inadequate anchor, then maybe she wouldn't have to fight alone, and if you weren't such a self-righteous little prick, then you wouldn't say losing Godot wouldn't be an actual loss."

Godot's nightmares ceased at he opened his eyes with a jolt.

"Wha-what happened in there?" he screamed, pointing a finger at Lindsay, "I was in the nightmare for like almost an hour before someone came to save me! I was freaking unconcious for a HOUR!"

Karae looked questioningly at Paul, before moving to the sleeping chamber and curling up there. Wings fluttering nervously, she tried to get comfortable, but the need to do something kept her from relaxing completely. At last she did force herself to at least try, since otherwise she was just delyaing her chance to help and fight.

((Blah... Truly short and horrible. Sorry.))

Back
Top Bottom