• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Orbital Bombardment

All the struggling looks like it paid off, though, because that is gorgeous. ;-; Whatever combination of markers and pencils you used came out very nicely--it looks very soft and fluid and shiny (shiny reshy!), and the touchups you did to the tips to soften them are awesome. I think its belly/pelvis should be a little wider, as otherwise that unfortunately-placed tuft of fur looks a little outsized; its thighs also seem kind of meaty given how slim it is. But it's so pretty and I am jealous because I can't do traditional coloring anymore and even when I could it never looked like that and I hate you.

I knew there was something wrong with the hip area. OTL;; Of course it was all blamed on the unfortunately-placed tuft of fur. I've been having troubles with thighs and hips and all lately, so the criticism is very much appreciated. :D

also I'll trade my traditional skills for your digital skills

That thing on the top is telling me to get active, so I shall start here~

You somehow shade really well with colored pencils. I probably couldn't get something to look like that if I spent a week on it. xD I really like how the highlights are bright, and the shading is off-blueish-green, since it makes it look like such a pure white. I honestly don't know what Reshiram is supposed to look like, though, so I can't tell you anything to fix. D:

I haven't heard of a mix of markers and colored pencils before. How do you use the markers to enhance your drawings so well?~

Colour pencils really take a while to learn, but they're quite fun and effective when you get good with them. Unfortunately it also requires you to spend a fortune on a good set of pencils, or you can't blend very well at all; blending is essential.

When I use markers and colour pencils together, marker usually serves as the base while colour pencils are used for detail, deepening shadow, and adding tints. So, it's really the pencil crayons that are enhancing the drawing.

Haha last post here was what... a year and three months ago? Clearly I can't maintain an art thread. What's what? Why am I posting here, then? Good question.

I've gotten into oil painting! And I decided to try painting a puzzle. Those gaps made it hell to paint properly, but I managed somehow. Of course it's not my best work due to aforementioned gaps and that I'm still getting used to oil, but. Also those birds are fat.

I've also been trying more digital art. Here is a speedpaint; here is another; and here is a piece I spent more time on. ... but I like my speedpaints more why ;~;

And here is a sketch I did over a few classes, which my scanner decided to make super-grainy.

And then it's fun to look a few years back and see how much you've improved, so here is a picture that I sketched and coloured halfway about... a year or two ago? I don't remember anymore. Just finished colouring it recently.

Back
Top Bottom