• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions I'm gonna diiig, diiig, dig

ahh I love this a lot a lot. mareep is one of the most adorable and you've done it justice here. on your tumblr you mention having trouble with the grass and I think what might help is if you had a bit more of a differentiation between paler and darker greens? Or even just darker around where mareep is sitting; the light is sort of coming from the top-left so if you added mareep's shadow on the bottom-left maybe? Grass is kind of hard to draw and it's very easy to accidentally turn it into a flat expanse of green. Even if perhaps the background was slightly darker or lighter in comparison to the grass, I think it would probably add more depth to the image. :o if that makes sense I am not so good at critique aa sorry.

Um the eyes are really cute also, they're all soft. You're good at drawing eyes! I suck at them.

dude, that mareep is marvelous. like uv said, the shade of the grass need a bit more differentiation, but the mareep itself is amazing. the fur is really defined.

Forty seconds, July 2011:
20110709uhhhhh.png

Forty seconds, January 2012:
20120130furretdoodle.png

This is probably the most heartening sign of my improvement

ahh I love this a lot a lot. mareep is one of the most adorable and you've done it justice here. on your tumblr you mention having trouble with the grass and I think what might help is if you had a bit more of a differentiation between paler and darker greens? Or even just darker around where mareep is sitting; the light is sort of coming from the top-left so if you added mareep's shadow on the bottom-left maybe? Grass is kind of hard to draw and it's very easy to accidentally turn it into a flat expanse of green. Even if perhaps the background was slightly darker or lighter in comparison to the grass, I think it would probably add more depth to the image. :o if that makes sense I am not so good at critique aa sorry.

Um the eyes are really cute also, they're all soft. You're good at drawing eyes! I suck at them.

Aaaah thank you! Yeah, that's what I was kind of aiming for making the grass somewhat more saturated at the very front, and it kind of gets duller as it goes back, but not enough. I'll have to practice that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom