• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Can you add 'if X, do nothing' to an action that already has three conditionals, or does that count as a fourth one?

Can you add 'if X, do nothing' to an action that already has three conditionals, or does that count as a fourth one?

You can just word your commands so that if X is true then none of your commands apply. What the Pokémon actually does when none of its commands are applicable is up to the ref, but most go with "do nothing" anyway (and TTC has already done that in our battle, since presumably that's why you're assking).

(I don't know for sure if do nothing would count as taking a conditional slot, but I really think it should.)

I found the post I was looking for (though I couldn't find the battle in question), so it looks like it could go either way?
We should probably come up with an absolute answer on this one.

Big Root does not affect Leech Seed recovery, does it?
It does!

Well, it would in theory, and it does in the games, but it's actually kind of mathematically impossible in ASB.
I would have it heal 4% health/energy each round instead of 3%.

Let's say a Pokemon with 10% energy remaining tries to perform an attack with a 20% energy cost. Does the Pokemon perform the attack and then faint, or fail to perform the attack at all?

Let's say a Pokemon with 10% energy remaining tries to perform an attack with a 20% energy cost. Does the Pokemon perform the attack and then faint, or fail to perform the attack at all?

It'll perform the attack at roughly half power, since it doesn't have the energy to actually carry out the move full-out. Then it'll faint from the energy loss.

Does that apply to Destiny Bond as well? If a Pokemon only has 10% energy remaining when it uses Destiny Bond and gets knocked out, how much damage does it do?

Does that apply to Destiny Bond as well? If a Pokemon only has 10% energy remaining when it uses Destiny Bond and gets knocked out, how much damage does it do?

Likely 12%: 4% energy pays for the initial use of Destiny Bond and the remaining 6% is enough to do 12% damage. That's what makes the most sense, anyway.

Though there is the fact that its opponent won't get a chance to knock it out if it's using up the last of its energy to set up Destiny Bond to consider. :v

Though there is the fact that its opponent won't get a chance to knock it out if it's using up the last of its energy to set up Destiny Bond to consider. :v

A Pokémon pays 4% for Destiny Bond initially; if it doesn't have that 4%, I guess it'll knock itself out. Otherwise, it doesn't pay the rest of the energy cost until Destiny Bond actually does its damage, so the opponent does have the chance to knock it out.

How are Damage Caps treated when direct healing moves are used? For example, if a Pokemon goes from 50% health to 100% health in a battle with a 25% damage cap, is 75% the lowest health they can finish with, or is it 25%?

How are Damage Caps treated when direct healing moves are used? For example, if a Pokemon goes from 50% health to 100% health in a battle with a 25% damage cap, is 75% the lowest health they can finish with, or is it 25%?
I think it was asked earlier, but it'd be 75. Damage caps are not relative, they're fixed

What happens if a normally-aquatic pokémon is thrown out of the water?
Largely dependant on the referee -- most won't even penalize an aquatic Pokémon for not being in the water at all.

(This kind of thing can also be arranged for in the challenge's specific rules, incidentally, if anyone specifically wants to explicitly allow aquatic Pokémon out of the water or explicitly forbid them getting out of there)

Back
Top Bottom