• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Clock stopped?

Well. The clock on my Crystal game has stopped. Or rather, going VERY slowly.

* I started the game yesterday and put in the right time. On 23.21, the clock was 20-ish.
* This morning, the clock was 20.51 yesterday. When I came home from school, it was 20.59.

Does that mean the internal battery is messed up or something? I can still save normally, but it can't go on like this because of the many day-specific events.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that your internal battery is running down. I'm not sure whether the battery used for the clock is the same as the one for saves (seems likely, but I don't honestly know). The fact that the clock is going *at all* means that you must have at least a little power left, though.

I know for a fact that the internal batteries of Gold and Silver stop functioning after several years. I have never heard of anyone having this same problem with Crystal.

I've never actually played G/S/C but my friend said he had troubles with the internal battery, apparently you can get them fixed by an expert.

Crystal runs out next year.

Then why is mine already broken?

I would just say that this is a sign that your internal battery is running out, but if you want to fix it, go to a hobby store or something and get the screw-like thingy on the back changed to an actual screw. After that, I think you can go to GameStop or something and get it changed, except I'm not completely sure.

Crystal runs out next year.
There's no set point at which all the batteries in a particular game magically run out. It depends on the battery, when the game was actually manufactured, and in some cases, the habits of the player using the cart.

I would just say that this is a sign that your internal battery is running out, but if you want to fix it, go to a hobby store or something and get the screw-like thingy on the back changed to an actual screw. After that, I think you can go to GameStop or something and get it changed, except I'm not completely sure.
You can also try fixing it yourself if you're feeling brave enough.

There's no set point at which all the batteries in a particular game magically run out. It depends on the battery, when the game was actually manufactured, and in some cases, the habits of the player using the cart.

I know; the batteries average about 7 or 8 years, hence the prediction.

Just a note: The clock seems to go normally when I play, but when it's turned off, it either stops or goes incredibly slow(I'm talking a minute a hour or whatever)

Last edited:
I checked mine just a few hours ago and it seems to be working fine. It is only off by 15 minutes.

That's just strange, although my last save file may have done this. Don't really know for sure.

Personally? I think mine is still going because I usually have Crystal in my SP when I charge it. I'm not entirely certain, but residual charging MAY be sneaking into my battery from my Game Boy. Or it's jsut because I only play it in short bursts, when I play at all. I don't think I've ever experienced THAT, though...

Back
Top Bottom