• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[11] Mai vs moon-panther

Round Five

Mai (O)
nidorino
Azuraine (M) <Poison Point>
Health: 75%
Energy: 19%
Commands: Chill ~ Chill ~ Poison jab/Poison sting/Chill
- Healthier, but suddenly very tired. +4 Attack, +6 Defense, -5 Speed

moon-panther (O)
lucario
Halan (M) <Steadfast>
Health: 36%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Crow x3
- Totally given over to the power of the Crow. Confused (mild). +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

The music changes once again, this time transitioning to a bold, inspiring musical number. In fact, Azuraine feels so uplifted listening it to it that he is literally lifted up, his feet gently coming free of the stage as he levitates on nothing but his own willpower and optimism. Halan is left out of the revelatory experience, as he's still tuned out of the battle, and the Crow doesn't seem to care.

In fact, if anything, it's a bit annoyed. This poison rabbit sure is tough; the Crow has been worrying at it for what feels like ages now, and it just won't give up. Ordinarily the Crow enjoys a nice long, drawn-out battle, but it's no fun at all if the target of its torment doesn't seem to care much. And indeed, Azuraine, now reinforced with the power of his curses, is barely feeling the spectral bird's beak. It's a bit annoying to have the Crow flapping around, cawing up a storm, but he really doesn't have too much trouble putting his head down and ignoring it. The nidorino relaxes, recuperating from the drain of his morning sun, while the Crow, driven to ever more vicious tactics, tries to gouge at his eyes, and is thwarted. The bird's attack goes on, but so too does Azuraine's chill.

It is ultimately Azuraine who breaks the chain; the Crow, after all, has a fairly one-track mind. The nidorino gets up and stretches, snorting and shaking his head to drive the Crow back temporarily. Blood trickles from several new scratches and pits in the nidorino's hide, but the thick layer of muscle underlying his skin has prevented anything beyond superficial damage. The nidorino lowers his head, sighting down his horn at the Crow, and then lunges. He strikes the Crow head on, impaling the shadowy creature with no difficulty. The Crow screeches and Halan shudders, and Azuraine shakes it free with a toss of his head. The crow reels backwards in the air, hissing; red light seeps from a gaping hole in its chest, and it hunches slightly over its injury, obviously surprised by the extent to which Azuraine's attack was able to wound it.

Mai (O)
nidorino
Health: 66%
Energy: 33%
Used: Chill x2 ~ Poison Jab
- Feeling victory drawing near. +4 Attack, +6 Defense, -5 Speed

moon-panther (O)
lucario
Halan (M) <Steadfast>
Health: 19%
Energy: 55%
Used: Crow x3
- Totally given over to the power of the Crow. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

Final Notes
- Wow, huuuge typo on Azuraine's health at the end of last round. Morning sun heals a bit more than that. Fixed now.
- moon-panther attacks first next round. The song will be Three Days' Grace's "Riot", which will lend all contact attacks a 20% flinch chance.

Last edited:
Good job, Azuraine! It seems like just a few hits will finish him off.

Poison jab, then poison sting. Now, if the exertion of either poison attack would make you faint, go ahead and chill the final action; you deserve it. If not, use poison sting to hopefully end this battle.

You'll be turning into a nidoking either way, so you can celebrate!

Poison jab~ Poison sting~ Poison sting/Chill

Round Six

Mai (O)
nidorino
Health: 63%
Energy: 33%
Commands: Poison Jab ~ Poison Sting ~ Poison Sting/Chill
- Feeling victory drawing near. +4 Attack, +6 Defense, -5 Speed

moon-panther (O)
lucario
Halan (M) <Steadfast>
Health: 19%
Energy: 55%
Commands: Crow ~ Crow ~ Crow
- Totally given over to the power of the Crow. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense

The Crow isn't reeling for long. If anything, its renewed attack is more vicious than ever. The spirit creature knows now what a threat Azuraine is to its being, and that it must work quickly to bring him down. The nidorino continues to shrug off its most determined assault, however, and responds with another vicious jab from his horn.

The Crow screams as another red rent opens in the black shade of its body. Wispy trails of ruddy light trickle from the opening, dissolving into empty air. The creature is obviously badly wounded, but rather than beating it into submission, the dire injury only awakens the Crow's deepest fury. It flies at Azuraine with redoubled determination, heedless of the nidorino's every attempt to drive it off. It seizes one of his ears in its claws and worries at his face with its beak, stabbing dangerously close to his eyes. At last its determined beak manages to ram its way up one of his nostrils and tear at the tender flesh within. Azuraine lets out a wheezing shriek and slams his head sideways against the stage to dislodge the Crow, then trains a stream of tiny poison pins on the spirit before it can take flight again and escape. The poison sting would ordinarily be weak, but with the force of both Azuraine's curses and his temper behind it, it is more than enough to shred what remains of the Crow. The hole-peppered spirit can do more than let out a final cry of rage and frustration before it dissolves, fading away to nothing. Across the stage and forgotten for several rounds now, Halan makes a choking noise, then falls forward, landing facedown and unconscious.

Mai (O)
nidorino
Health: 48%
Energy: 24%
Used: Poison Jab ~ Poison Sting
Victorious!

moon-panther (X)
lucario
Halan (M) <Steadfast>
Health: 0%
Energy: 52%
Used: Crow x2
Knocked Out!

The audience isn't really too sure about what's been transpiring on stage, but the fight against the Crow was impressive to watch, and it's clear now that the battle is over. They cheer heartily for Azuraine, who has acquitted himself well, despite his ridiculous skirt and the continuing confusion over his gender. The nidorino sneezes blood, then bobs his head in acknowledgement of the applause as Mai joins him on the stage. There is more cheering for HighMoon as she arrives to recall Halan and take her turn in the spotlight. The trainers exchange a handshake, and at last the referee arrives to distribute their prizes.

That was a pretty interesting match! Good game to the both of you. Mai wins $20 and advances; HighMoon wins $10. I get $15. Halan gets 1 EXP, and Azuraine gets 2.

It was fun! Hehe, yeah... I was preparing for that morning sun the whole battle. xD My next song would been Brand New Day, which would've made it sunny for better healing opportunities. You were a really good opponent; I'm pretty sure I was behind for the vast majority of the battle! I was really unsure if those statboosts were going to work out, and even when the Crow was up I was still on my toes.

My last song would have been Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!, which I picked for simplicity. A poptart skitty would've come in and used copycat on the both of us. What were your other songs?

Good game! I'd be willing to do this again later~

Last edited:
Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
--When this song is playing, all status effects are nulled and none can be added this round.

&

Fragile[Live]- Sting
--all pokemon gain a +2 to Defence for this round.

Back
Top Bottom