• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Help me with my NaNoWriMo attempt! (requires little or no real effort!)

Heh. I didn't know the NaNoWriMo website had forums... well, until today, anyway.

Posted this over there, and I'm already getting more suggestions--three replies already, though only one had characters I could actually use (the Terminator, Batman, Aragorn, and Zorro to be specific.)

I might actually end up getting to 64 way before the deadline, if it keeps up at this rate for the next couple of days. So if anyone here's been waiting until the last minute to suggest characters for some reason, I would advise that you go ahead and post your ideas now--otherwise there may not be enough room for them!

=============

EDIT: And now there's two more--Son Goku and Cloud Strife. And I've finally had to actually enforce the "no overpowered characters" rule: the same person who suggested Goku also mentioned Gohan, Goten, and even freaking Gotenks.

But yes, Goku got in... I'm using the young version of Goku from the original Dragonball, of course. DBZ-era Goku would qualify as overpowered at every point in the series except maybe the early Saiyan Saga (and even then he'd probably jump up into the overpowered range after just one near-death powerup...)

==============

RE-EDIT: Yet another one! This time it's Kuja from Final Fantasy 9. (As with Goku, I'm going to use an earlier version of him to prevent overpowered-ness; specifically, before he becomes able to use his Trance form, since he's capable of destroying an entire world in that form if he uses Ultima.)

That also means there's only one more slot left for Final Fantasy characters--after that, the series will join Kingdom Hearts in the "locked" list.

===============

EDIT EDIT: And now my sister's using her seventh and final suggestion slot to add Don Panini. Er, I mean, Dordonii.

Last edited:
Harry Potter, Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, the Big Bad Wolf, and Mulan have been added to the list.

Thanks to a five-suggestion burst by someone over on the NaNoWriMo forums, I'm now up to 62 suggested characters. What does that mean? Well, it means I'm almost done with the easy part. If any of the lurkers have any ideas, better make it fast!

EDIT: Make that extremely fast. I'm up to 63 now, with the addition of the Tick.

===================

RE-EDIT: Well, unless you happen to be a time-traveler, there's no way you'll get your suggestions in now. Someone from the NaNoWriMo board has filled in the last slot, with Naruto! (I'm actually kinda surprised that I didn't see any Naruto characters suggested until the very end... how did that happen?)

That means I'm completely finished gathering up characters, and now I can start randomizing up the first-round matches. Thanks to everyone that helped out! Your names will be in the credits at the end (well, your usernames here anyway... I don't know anyone's real names.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom