• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

I'M SORRY FOR BREAKING INTO THIS ARGUMENT/CONVERSATION

I WON NANOWRIMO.

And this was my first one so I am so happppppppy ;AAAA;
/goes away

And to everyone still not there:
GO GO GO YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!! DON'T GIVE UP NOW.

PASS 30K, TAILSY

FOR TEAM MODFORCE

Congrats, Minks! Keep going, everyone else!

(also going to echo Harle's sentiment about being superproud of surskitty! row row fight the powah!)

49,225 words... less than 1000 left to go, and at the rate I'm going I'll probably get that done before tonight's over (though probably not before the clocks switch over from the 29th to the 30th.) And most likely before finishing Chapter 12, which is turning out to be a pretty long chapter. XD

Looks like I'm definitely going to win this thing. Unless I unexpectedly go into a coma with 12 words left tomorrow or something, but that's not too likely.

HOLY SHITAKEMUSHROOMS GUYS

SOCK PUPPET MONKEYS.

you_won.jpg

:DDDDDDDD

:DDDDDDDDDDD

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW.

brb saving all the picture onto my hard drive.

...I won.

Goddammit, I won!

This is my first time winning, so I'm rather excited. I actually... wrote a story longer than seven chapters! What?! I've gotten so far... and I haven't gotten bored or thought "dear god, this is all wrong must stop writing." I've been motivated for a lot of this time, ahead most of the time... until I got to a certain part... but that's only because that part was painful to write and required more effort. (And curse Youtube and all its Digimon episodes for their distractions!) I struggled at the end a bit, but I managed. I forced every fiber of my motivation yesterday and today, beyond tiredness, and a rather large headache I have, to finish NaNo. And... finally... I did it. I almost got distracted... I almost was going to stop because it was too painful. But I didn't. I struggled through this horrible headache, and I won.

The story's not even finished, like I said... but I swear, I'm going to finish this story no matter what it takes. Even beyond NaNo. This is important, and I can feel that if I could write it for this long, I can see it through to the end.

Now... now if you guys'll excuse me, I'm going to go die in my bed for a million hours.

Just went over 50,000 words... which means I just won NaNoWriMo on my second attempt (and unlike last year's story, I never got sick of writing it!)

According to the official word-counter I'm at 50,079, which is exactly 1 word less than what the word-counter I had been using up until now said, heh. Of course, the story's not actually done yet... heck, Chapter 13 is barely even started.

I might go ahead and get in the rest of the 1667 for today just to have a green block on the how-much-you-wrote-on-this-day calendar thing. XD

Winners: wahay! :D WELL DONE YOU

People who are not quite at 50k yet: write like hell and, look at how much you've achieved so far. Words! Words everywhere!

All right.

I've done it. No, I didn't win—That was never really my goal. I have, however, finished my story, capping at about 46,400 words. I'm done now.

Overall, this was a fun month. I actually enjoyed the writing—Also, it provided a lot of time for me to finally write this story I've wanted to write for so long. And for all of you out there who are actually aiming to his fifty thousand—

NaNoWriMo Isn't over yet!

I am very disappointed with myself :(

IT'S OKAY VLAD. WE STILL LOVE YOU.

And, Superbird is right, everyone. NaNoWriMo is just the beginning! Now that you all have some parts of your story down (whether it be the whole story or not eve close to half-way through), you have something to work on for the rest of the year! Edit your story, and finish it if you want. And then show it to the rest of us. And it will be awesome.

The only problem is that I can't decide whether to go back and edit my story or finish it first. I seemed to have hit the end of what feels like the end of an arc (I wasn't even planning for arcs, but I'm not exactly in charge of what my characters want to do), so I can probably safely stop there and fill in all the stuff I skipped earlier as well as fix all the horrible horribleness that is my writing. However, that would mean that I have to leave my story half-finished for (more or less) ever.

Although this means that I can write the second half for NaNo next year, but I planned for the second arc-thing to be short. And I'll be super busy next November, too.

WHAT TO DO. I spent too much effort on this! I don't want it to just sit in the harddrive and gather dust!

Cheated on the site because I broke 40k and that was what I decided I needed to get to consider myself a winner. I finished all of the plot bits I care about for my NaNo and I have a passable amount of sort of continuous things for some other things.

I'm both disappointed with myself but at the same time super happy. This is the first time I've broken 20000 words in NaNo, and had I continued at that pace and not been incapacitated for a week because of the surgery and meds, I know I would've won. Hopefully I can find an equally as fun story to write next year as this one was.

And yes, I do plan on continuing the rest of my story, just because it is so much fun.

I am pissed I won but can't claim anything. I was over 50,000, but I couldn't get on the internet to update my wordcount before the end of the month, now it looks like I failed... grrrr.

Aww. You can share my goodies if you like. :( (And I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to get a purple starburst on your profile next year if you want!)

Back
Top Bottom