• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCoD Member Headcanons

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
It occurred to me that I have some ridiculous ideas about what different members on here are like in real life.

Mai - Asian-American high school student from the US Midwest. Don't ask me why.

Flora - irl Roxy Lalonde. Also looks exactly like her avatar.

I liek Squirtles - Actual Squirtle. Also, I think his name is Pablo?

1. Luftballon - AI. There's no way it's not AI.

Metallica Fanboy - Has at least three Master of Puppets t-shirts.

Wargle - Owns several guns. Really loves America.

Eifie - Lives in the English countryside and has a pet rabbit.

Superbird - Wears lots of scarves. Maybe a cape. Wishes he was a bird.

Ether's Bane - Has a high-pitched laugh. Really enthusiastic.

Phantom - Has a black belt in multiple martial arts styles.

Sangfroidish - Loves tea more than life itself.

Music Dragon - Some form of divine being that only appears now and then to grace the world with his wit and humor. Has more reputation points than the rest of the forum members combined.

ultraviolet - Level of awesomeness and charisma is matched only by MD. Is, or was at some point, a Gym Leader.

These theories are, of course, most likely wrong. And I hope I didn't offend anyone - these are just silly ideas. Please share your own TCoD member headcanons.

I assume people look like their avatars a lot. Usually if they have an avatar for a long time I'll think they look like the old one once they change it.

Phantom looks like David Tennant, Spoon looks like a puma, etc

Yes, yes, this one.

Butterfree is The Cave of Dragonflies itself. She is not a real person.

Tailsy is actually a member of the Mafia.

Music Dragon is actually a sperm whale.

Vanilla Mongoose is secretly extremely famous, but none of us know who he really is.

I liek Squirtles is a rising star and is a minor character in pretty much every movie. He's in there somewhere. Just look for the Puerto-Rican guy who may or may not look stoned.

Alti is a one-man orchestra.

Spoon has a pet puma. This is something I actually believed for a long time. I guess now she has a pet Slowpoke?

Res is definitely a computer, yes.

Frostagin is Perry Feigenson.

Hiikaru has a doctorate's in everything.

Jaketiger1116 is actually Christopher Paolini.

LuckyLapras really is a Lapras. And he has all the connections with Jennette McCurdy.

...I think that is all.

I assume people look like their avatars a lot. Usually if they have an avatar for a long time I'll think they look like the old one once they change it.

More or less this.

Yes, yes, this one.

Unfortunately, in order for this to be true I'd have had to have been drunk at least once. (Also I would not look good as a blonde I'm too pale. Also my icon is a guy.)

I liek Squirtles is a rising star and is a minor character in pretty much every movie. He's in there somewhere. Just look for the Puerto-Rican guy who may or may not look stoned.

This needs to be true.

My only real TCOD-member-headcanon is that every member's username is their actual name and finding out that it's something completely different is greatly distressing.

eUwdteU.png

My only real TCOD-member-headcanon is that every member's username is their actual name and finding out that it's something completely different is greatly distressing.

I wouldn't mind if my actual name were Alti, haha.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Jaketiger1116 is actually Christopher Paolini.
Somebody mentioned my existence :D I completely expected to be overlooked entirely, this is a delightful surprise!

But what? XD I will not confirm nor deny this, however.

As for the name thing, my name isn't Jake but I use jaketiger1116 for everything on the Internet so when someone calls out "Jake" (even IRL) I respond. Also Mr. Tiger, but that rarely happens..

Alright, anyway, so mine:

VM is complicated for me to explain. There's this guy at my school, his name is Wayne. He used to be a really great guy, but then he got super douchey and now I sort of hate him. Though, good Wayne or bad Wayne, he was really hardcore awesome either way. For some reason I always imagine VM as Wayne (pre-douche). So I sort of like to think when Wayne turned evil, VM is the force that separated from his body and continued its own life. So VM is the good energy from some guy at my school.

Flora is amazing undiscovered talent who is only a few years away from being a famous name in the acting world. Despite seeing pictures of her and knowing that her avatar is a male, I still imagine her as looking like it somehow.

Majora (who is still Qvalador in my head) is working towards being the ultimate Jack-Of-All-Trades (but doesn't even realize it himself).

Alti sits in a cushy swivel chair and plans the downfall of America. Also I like the one-man orchestra idea, it fits.

Hiikaru is literally the nicest and most polite person in the whole world.

Superbird is a highly-intelligent human who has, within the past few years, been spliced with bird DNA and can essentially turn into a giant bird. I mean I know this isn't even close to possible but I seriously sometimes imagine it.

Ether's Bane I imagine being twitchy. I don't mean it offensively, I just imagine him twitching often, I dunno why.

Music Dragon I'm not even sure...Some sort of powerful entity that has the ability to destroy humanity but channels that power into witty remarks and random hilarity instead.

Tailsy Lives a normal life, but is under the surface insane and wicked. She channels it into the Internet in small doses.

Butterfree must be related to my Advanced Comp. teacher somehow, I get a similar vibe from them. Except I'm less scared of Butterfree because she doesn't grade my terrible essays.

I think that's about it...

If Spoon isn't actually a puma I think I'm gonna cry.

Murkrow is definitely the anime girl in his avatar. Jaketiger1116 is teenage Ike.
Butterfree is The Cave of Dragonflies itself. She is not a real person.
It's sometimes hard to imagine the admins and mods here actually have jobs outside of moderating.

Actually, now that I think about it, how much does it cost Butterfree to host the site? Does the site make any revenue?
Unfortunately, in order for this to be true I'd have had to have been drunk at least once. (Also I would not look good as a blonde I'm too pale. Also my icon is a guy.)
I'm assuming people on here are animals and inanimate objects so I'm pretty sure gender doesn't matter.

Maybe I just assume that people who post in all caps are drunk and/or shouting.
You should actually get a Master of Shuppets shirt. At least one.
At first I thought you were referring to the picture I made on Photoshop a few years back but then I googled it and found it was a real shirt. Now I want one.

Flora is amazing undiscovered talent who is only a few years away from being a famous name in the acting world. Despite seeing pictures of her and knowing that her avatar is a male, I still imagine her as looking like it somehow.

Awwwww you're far too kind.

Hiikaru is literally the nicest and most polite person in the whole world.
YES THIS

Music Dragon I'm not even sure...Some sort of powerful entity that has the ability to destroy humanity but channels that power into witty remarks and random hilarity instead.
ALSO THIS

I'm assuming people on here are animals and inanimate objects so I'm pretty sure gender doesn't matter.

I suppose that's valid.

Expanding on my list:

Zodiark is a Final Fantasy boss. I'm just not sure which one.

Hiikaru is an agender cat-person who is seriously the nicest person ever. I want to give vim a warm hug.

Light is actually Light Yagami, and is plotting to kill us all.

pathos is a cuddly wolf/coyote/hyena who makes amazing art.

blazheirio889 has lots and lots of Pokémon plushies.

RespectTheBlade is definitely a Gallade.

Teh Ebil Snorlax is my roommate from last year. They look exactly the same.

Zhorken is a deerling wearing a beanie.

Kratos Aurion is either Giratina or Giygas.

Zero Moment is Vinyl Scratch.

Majora is John Egbert.

Worst Username Ever was actually Reggie Fils-Aime this entire time and no one even realized it.

I'd really like to meet Music Dragon, although going by this thread I imagine a boat and a loudhailer would be involved.

Oh, excuse me. I haven't been here long enough to get to know you all properly. It means I don't have anything to add, except my enjoyment of the thread.

RespectTheBlade is definitely a Gallade.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether there is any question of this being true.

Honestly, I don't have that many headcanons, other than that users who keep the same avatar for a while tend to look like that avatar in my head and that everyone on here is generally as cool as there usernames suggest.

Although I'm pretty sure MD is some sort of multi-dimensional trickster who likes making witty posts for fun.

At first I thought you were referring to the picture I made on Photoshop a few years back but then I googled it and found it was a real shirt. Now I want one.
No, I was referring to the picture you made on Photoshop a few years back. Having been chosen to be you in Username Mafia, I now know everything there is to know about you.

I actually only have three Pokemon plushies. I need way more.

Reactions: Mai
Back
Top Bottom