• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Torchwood: Children of Earth

A series four would need some big changes. Jack would have to take a rather more back-seat role given his whole "I sacrificed my grandson for the rest of the world" to deal with his issues over that. Gwen would of course be restricted to mostly desk duty given her whole spawn thing. Lois doesn't strike me as an effective field agent. That really does leave the SECRET AGENT STATE PROTECTION LADY (did we ever get her name? I know I only watched all five today but I can't remember) to handle to more dangerous stuff.

After the 456 Torchwood can really only face an ever bigger, more dangerous enemy or situation. That's the only way it can go, and I hope they don't overshoot or fall too short of the mark. I do have faith in RTD but ... I mean ... anything's possible.

(also this is a bit of a gayyyyy reaction but I liked the bit where Jack was naked. just sayin', since we got a shot of his crotch. :3)

(also this is a bit of a gayyyyy reaction but I liked the bit where Jack was naked. just sayin', since we got a shot of his crotch. :3)

Have you met my friend Bad Wolf?
DW20051x09BadWolf286.jpg

Have you met my friend Bad Wolf?

Yeah but in that episode, the de-materialising (or whatever) gun was in the way. In this, the only thing in the way was the letters on the surveillance monitor (which I found kinda cheesy) and you actually see a bit more.

I never really watched much of Torchwood, probably cause here in Australia it aired on channel 10 (primetime trashland, with the exception of House and Good News Week), rather than ABC where it belongs, which kinda skewed my view of it a bit.

It started airing again on ABC2 recently, but I figured I'll just get the dvds eventually. Can't go past a little Captain Jack fanservice xD

I thought it was easily the best thing to come out of torchwood. Everything about them was phenomenal.

What I think will happen is to skip about 1-5 years. Gwen's back after giving birth, Lois is in the team and they're starting a "recruitment drive". Soon they'll have a full team again, then as per usual, Harkness comes in rather extravagantly. Boom, Series 4.

Cardiff. :P If it were set in London it'd be a bit boring. Plus they need to rebuild the Torchwood hub over the rift there... because that could be quite dangerous, left unattended.

If they were in Belfast, they would not exactly be lost. Imagination, man!
SPACE.

Inside an alien warship, the rest of the team dead and the leader being tortured about where the Doctor is. Harkness finds this ship from that jump he made, the aliens confusing him for a cloaked spy they sent.

2 years before, a surprise candidate comes in for Prime Minister, a man named Brian Green. No background before 1990. Won in the biggest landslide in history, yet no one questioned it. Not even the media.

Back on the ship, the leader and Harkness take over the ship and steer it back to Earth, but not before the alien leader initiates the anti-piracy protocol which destroys the engine.

They crash land in Belfast, and Harkness goes back to rebuild Torchwood Three but not before they build the hub out of the warship's remains.

If they were in Belfast, they would not exactly be lost. Imagination, man!

Maybe it was in Belfast, and it flew off. Maybe they just completely forgot where it was.

I like the idea of it constantly moving, that's what I imagined when it was said to be lost.
Nobody ever sees it, but if you're inside it's like you're in a new location every day, something like that. And you can only find it if there's someone on the inside, but one day everyone there left or died so they couldn't find it.

Torchwood Four? I always thought there were only three branches - Cardiff, London, Edinburgh?
In one episode (I think the first), they said there were four, and they "lost" the fourth one.

Last edited:
In one episode (I think the first), they said there were four, and they "lost" the fourth one.
lol, I thought Edinburgh was the "lost" Torchwood.

Haha, for real?

Not that I'm knocking Swansea. My dad works there, and we've been dragged off to see his town once. It's a lovely, if soggy, place.

Back
Top Bottom