• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R/S/E Fluffy Clouds' Sapphire Team (not for competitive battling, and will be updated). Please rate?

This is my team just after beating Flannery, could you please rate it and see if it's worth training for Norman, and some move suggestions?

Kirlia (Male) @ ???
Level: 23
Confusion
Calm Mind
Double Team
Teleport

Sableye (Female) @ ???
Level: 24
Rock Tomb
Scratch
??? (is Rock Smash, but I want a suggestion for a replacement)
Night Shade

Numel (Female) @ ???
Level: 25
Focus Energy
Tackle
Ember
Magnitude

Vigoroth (Male) @ ???
Scratch
Yawn
Bulk Up
Slack Off

Lombre (Female) @ ???
Level: 23
Fake Out
Growl (Useless now, any replacement suggestions?)
Absorb
Nature power

Combusken (Female) @ ???
Peck
Sand-Attack
Double Kick
Ember

Last edited:
I note that your team seems to be slightly underleveled. I suggest that you first level up your Combusken a few levels so that he can battle Norman for you. I'll give more details later; I'm not up for a ton of typing right now. @_@

I would suggest training. You're Pokemon are seriously underleveled. His strongest is a Slacking at level 31.

I have a Lv. 100 Vigoroth on Emerald. It rocks, but you should level up your team unless you have revives and super potions.

Before I even battle Team Aqua at the volcano in Sapphire, my starter is fully evolve and all my Pokémon are at or above level 30. In my eyes, your team is seriously under leveled. I suggest slowing down to train every now and again - it pays off the further you progress into the game, so you don't depend on luck when it comes to the E4 and the last few gyms.

Moves, moves, moves...after Norman, your Lombre should learn Surf. I wouldn't recommend Nature Power, but that's your choice. Get Ice Beam from the sunken ship (I forget if you need Dive for this part...) or, if that's unavailable, go to the Mauville Game Corner and do some slot-playing or roulette-playing to earn enough coins for the Ice Beam TM. You should save before you start playing and whenever your amount of coins rises above what you had when you last saved, to be sure. If you lose coins, restart.

You might want to raise Kirlia to level 26 to learn Psychic. Also, if Veekun isn't mistaken, he can learn Magical Leaf. I'm not much into stat raisers, I'm more into training and winning with brute force and type advantages, but if your team stays under leveled, keep Calm Mind and Double Team on Kirlia, erasing Teleport for Psychic. But if you train him, and you have a Heart Scale, go to the Move Tutor and teach him Magical Leaf, getting rid of whichever stat raiser you want.

Sableye needs Shadow Ball. 'nuff said =D

If you feel like more Game Corner, earn a Flamethrower or two for Vigoroth and/or Combusken. And you need something besides Scratch on Vigoroth. Level him to 31 to learn Slash.

About Combusken, she should evolve. Before Norman. And after Winona, she needs Aerial Ace, and Earthquake when you get to the part before Sootopolis. There's an Earthquake TM to the right of some stairs in a foggy cave near that part of the game. And when she levels enough, she can learn Sky Uppercut. Or Brick Break, or you can keep Double Kick. One of those three, it's your choice.

If you feel like training your Pokémon even more, get Numel to level 35 without evolving. She learns Earthquake then, and after that you can evolve her, which may be pretty useful in the next gym.

Hope I helped, I'm not usually one to try and give advice. Also, everything I wrote is entirely optional, remember that ;)

Back
Top Bottom