• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tattoos

(Note that I'm not against LGBT by any means, it is again just lulzy.)

Meanwhile, any homophobe you show it to will be thrilled to know you share their prejudices.

Fuck all o' y'all for implying straight guys can't take it up the arse, too. I am so tired of being marginalized and blah blah blah ironic bullshit.
(They think you're taking it too seriously.)

Also, I have no tattoo yet, but once I'm happy with my body I'm getting a chain around my neck with a clock-padlock deelie.
Pretentious yes. Still gonna get it.

I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo! When I was younger I had ridiculous thoughts that I didn't want to ~taint~ my skin or something but now I just think I'd prefer to be blank. Maybe in case I didn't like the tattoo later?

Every so often I entertain the idea? I guess I'd like some small particular thing but even if it were in a reasonably discreet place maybe I'd probably still have to explain it to people often (that must get so irritating) and maybe I'd just like a private tattoo!! Also I feel I'd only ever want it done at a really particular, trustworthy place and that's expensive, so.

I do absolutely adore tattoos on other people sometimes, though, I'd just be too scared to get that myself. I especially like seeing really gorgeous full-body things, and I have a strange fondness for pretty face tattoos like this.

(They think you're taking it too seriously.)

I know. I just don't particularly like passive aggressiveness.

I'm just really tired of the excuse "I'm only doing it for the lulz". Maybe it's not intentional, but either way, I want to call people out on it. Here is an excellent explanation of the point I was trying to get across.

Carry on. :D

Also:

Fuck all o' y'all for implying straight guys can't take it up the arse, too.

That is actually a valid point. :P The number of people who think only gay men have anal sex (and even worse, that only gay men get AIDS) is somewhat alarming.

That is actually a valid point. :P The number of people who think only gay men have anal sex (and even worse, that only gay men get AIDS) is somewhat alarming.
I was actually gonna say this if someone called me out on it.
God Opal, stop stealing my thunder!

Also, that link was actually pretty good. Which is weird for me, 'cause I'm usually the one defending freedom of speech.

I've, uh... I've gotta go deal with some dissonance now. Fuck.

I don't think I'd get one myself, but I do like looking at the artwork. Some of the 3d ones are seriously good. Some of the "skin-ripper" ones are pretty impressive too.

I want a curly bracket tramp stamp.

:D
The lower back is probably one of the worst places you can get a tattoo, but I seriously loathe the term tramp stamp.

The lower back is probably one of the worst places you can get a tattoo, but I seriously loathe the term tramp stamp.

I think it's hilarious, but mostly because it rhymes. It's a pretty stupid term.

@ultraviolet: I know, right! Tribal tattoos can be really pretty but idk, they don't really mean anything to a lot of people who get them so it seems silly... not that a curly bracket is at all silly, obviously. It's a representation of my heart-eyes for English as a language and also because I went through a phase in third year where all my brackets were curly brackets (because I was too hipster for dotting my 'i's with hearts?).

My English teacher hated me that year...

I wish sociology had cool things you could get tattoos of to show your love for it.

All I can think of is Karl Marx's beardy face.

No, for the same reason I don't like or have any piercings: they look horrible on/kill any sex appeal most people have and the idea of getting something permenantly marked on your body/putting holes in your body seems stupid to me.

I don't know as if I would ever get one, but I like simple tattoos, like tribal tattoos. But not Japanese characters or anything, because I think they're a little cliche.

I'd like to get a tattoo maybe but there just isn't anything I particularly want. It's not really the permanence that bothers me but more that I just don't want anything enough to live with it for a long, long time. IDK.

I'm not against tattoos but I don't like how they look. I can't think of any design I'd like on my body. Never mind the permanence; I don't know what I would like to get done in the first place. I've never seen any designs that make me go "Oh, that's cool - I want that" nor have I thought of anything like that either.

The permanence of it is a definite downside.

If I got a tattoo, it would be like that one person said, something that makes people laugh. Maybe a scalene triangle. A moustache on the side of my finger.

I have no idea what I would get. What I am sure of, though, is that I'm not settling for second best...

If I get a tattoo it will be a dragon. And if I don't want something permanent I will sharpie doodle on myself.

Good thing I'm a good artist.

Oh and Beatle quote tats= epic win

Back
Top Bottom