• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Just accessed the Dream World for the first time now that I'm home and can connect to Wi-Fi through my DS.

Came out with an Adamant male Nidoran with Hustle. I'm assuming it'll grow into a Nidoking with Sheer Force? :v

Yes it will. Just like a Pokemon with different abilities from one evolution to another changes (like Metapod's Shed Skin going to Butterfree's CompoundEyes), the same goes for the Hidden Ability as well. (Like Ledyba's Rattled becoming Ledian's Iron Fist.)

I gotsed Female Nidoran with Hustle, breedies, no evolvies...

Is anyone else largely entertained by the fact that the rhythm of Thrash in this generation is extremely similar to the mario theme? Just use it... and imagine the Pokémon is singing it.

Good. I was worried I was the only one who thought that.

Depends.
How far are you in it?
And do you have any special Pokemon on it? (ie: Celebi, Shiny Beasts, ect.)

I beat it.....and done basically everything. But I have 2/3 starters, and I don't have WiFi to get them when I beat the game. :/
Still.......:P

Found a little easter egg on Marvelous Bridge: occasionally, there'll be a girl on the east side of the bridge that disappears/teleports(?) when you'd normally be able to talk to her. The guy to the left of her reacts and says some stuff. The old lady in the east gate mentions some stuff about a girl who used to play with Abra before the bridge was made, after that happens. Kind of reminds me of the Old Chateau ghost easter egg. :D

I love the music! <3

Aside from that, this was very possibly the only Pokemon game I've played so far that I was sad to finish. It has such a wonderful storyline! (And it has N!) I finished the game a while back, actually, but I'm just getting around to posting about it.

And did I mention that the music is awesome?

Finished my second run-through. Still loved it the same. I loved my team WAAAAAAAY more this time around. (:

Finished with:
Simisear; lvl. 48 - Fizzled out at E4, but was good otherwise. (:
Unfezant; lvl. 50 - A lot better in this run-though.
Samurott; lvl. 51 - LOOOOVE.
Cofagrigus; lvl. 53 - Surprisingly the MVP of the game. Really helped at the end. (:
Scolipede; lvl. 51 - One of my favorites. Besides movepool, he was AMAZING. :D
Ferrothorn lvl. 54 - A pain to train up, but sooooooo worth it. Kind of how I beat Marshall. XD

Boxed Unfezant and Simisear for some others. Swanna and Vanilluxe.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want Galvantula and MANY others, but I only have 6 party slots. :/
Can you re-battle trainers? I've always wondered.

Man, if I had a kilogram for every time I confused weight and currency
/sigging this

I only beat the E4 with my ridiculously high-leveled Serperior, which knew three Grass moves and Cut. It was at Lv.72 - Lv.76 when I battled them. Currently it is at Lv.96. I love the final N battle music.

My E4 team:
Serperior Lv. 73
Simipour Lv. 39
..and a load of other trashbags (I even had a GARBODOR!) below Lv.30.

finished the game a few months ago, but i have seen every unova Pokemon and almost caught them all.

My team;

Samurott Lv 76
Gothitelle Lv 60
Chandelure Lv 58
Hydreigon Lv 64
Escalviar Lv 47
Serperior Lv 52

And many others like Galvantula, Ferrothron, Klinklang, Gigalith, Conkledurr, and more!

the only pokemon i cannot catch are the Tepig line, Zorua line, and Archen line. =(

finished the game a few months ago, but i have seen every unova Pokemon and almost caught them all.

My team;

Samurott Lv 76
Gothitelle Lv 60
Chandelure Lv 58
Hydreigon Lv 64
Escalviar Lv 47
Serperior Lv 52

And many others like Galvantula, Ferrothron, Klinklang, Gigalith, Conkledurr, and more!

the only pokemon i cannot catch are the Tepig line, Zorua line, and Archen line. =(

I could trade you the first two, and maybe possibly the second; I've refrained from obtaining my fossil pokemon so far. (Although since I have a tirtouga already it makes no sense not to choose archen.)

i dont have wi-fi.

Unless you ride the same bus as me on the way to school and use infrared, then it's impossible to trade.
=(

I NEED WI-FI! =C

I know I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to anyway.

*bump*

It's been so long since I played through the entire storyline of B/W, and I figured I'd do it again just to see the kind of team I could come up with now. And since the results even surprise me, I figured I'd share here with people who might appreciate it.

Crustle
Lv.42 Adamant/Shell Armor @ Lucky Egg
X-Scissor / Stealth Rock / Rock Slide / Rock Polish
HP: 126 / ATT: 117 / DEF: 114 / Sp.ATT: 65 / Sp.DEF: 78 / SPD: 54

Emboar
Lv.42 Jolly/Blaze @ Exp. Share
Brick Break / Flame Charge / Heat Crash / Odor Sleuth
HP: 156 / ATT: 127 / DEF: 73 / Sp.ATT: 93 / Sp.DEF: 67 / SPD: 83

Musharna
Lv.42 Sassy/Synchronize @ Exp. Share
Shadow Ball / Yawn / Dream Eater / Calm Mind
HP: 164 / ATT: 70 / DEF: 89 / Sp.ATT: 97 / Sp.DEF: 97 / SPD: 37

Cofagrigus
Lv.43 Sassy/Mummy @ Amulet Coin
Shadow Ball / Will-o-Wisp / Hex / Power Split
HP: 110 / ATT: 70 / DEF: 145 / Sp.ATT: 95 / Sp.DEF: 119 / SPD: 36

Whimsicott
Lv.43 Impish/Prankster @ Soothe Bell
Giga Drain / Growth / Leech Seed / Cotton Guard
HP: 124 / ATT: 75 / DEF: 91 / Sp.ATT: 75 / Sp.DEF: 75 / SPD: 115

--Never used a Whimsicott before this file. Now, I see why everyone hates fighting this monster.
--Crustle is surprisingly useful. Shell Armor especially makes me comfortable sending him in on most anything, and it seems I lucked out on his nature in particular.
--Despite his stats, I'm not a huge fan of Emboar strictly because of his move pool.
--Musharna and Cofagrigus have proven to be useful tools for inflicting status effects like I never would've believed.

Still looking for a solid sixth. Can't decide between these.
BisharpHydreigonMandibuzz

Definately Hydreigon! But my team when I beat Ghestis was:

Volcarona LV 59
Samurott LV 55
Renicleus LV 55
Excadrill LV 56

and when I beat Alder, it was:

Volcarona LV 77
Samurott LV 75
Renicleus LV 74
Excadrill LV 76