• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

do Counter/Mirror Coat/Metal Burst activate an opponent's Color Change when used?

As they are type-based damage-dealing attacks, yes (Counter and Mirror Coat are, after all, affected by immunities), even if they only deal a set amount of damage. Like how Sonic Boom and Night Shade also activate color change.

I'd like to ask for a few small reminders about command order before I ref my first battle. Am I correct in thinking the following are true?
  • At the start of a battle, the ref flips a coin to decide who sends out first, right?
  • If a Pokemon is KO'ed, command order continues in the same way as usual, right? (In other words, "X Trainer sends out and commands, then Y Trainer commands" and "X Trainer sends out, Y Trainer commmands, then X Trainer commands" are both possible depending on the preceding command order, right?)
  • Switching shouldn't affect command order, right?

I'd like to ask for a few small reminders about command order before I ref my first battle. Am I correct in thinking the following are true?
  • At the start of a battle, the ref flips a coin to decide who sends out first, right?
  • If a Pokemon is KO'ed, command order continues in the same way as usual, right? (In other words, "X Trainer sends out and commands, then Y Trainer commands" and "X Trainer sends out, Y Trainer commmands, then X Trainer commands" are both possible depending on the preceding command order, right?)
  • Switching shouldn't affect command order, right?

All correct. Though if someone chooses to switch on the first action of the round, the round proceeds as normal with the new switch-in, so you can't get out of commanding first by switching on your first action. If the person commanding second switches on their first action, the person who commanded first gets to reorder. (This is all how it used to be, anyway, and I'm not aware of any changes to that.)

If a Pokemon is KO'ed, command order continues in the same way as usual, right? (In other words, "X Trainer sends out and commands, then Y Trainer commands" and "X Trainer sends out, Y Trainer commmands, then X Trainer commands" are both possible depending on the preceding command order, right?)
Usually I let the trainer who sends out a new pokémon after their last was KO'd attack second, regardless of the previous command order.

If a Pokemon starts storing up Bide, is it locked into Bide until the move releases, or can it choose at will to abandon Bide and start doing something different?

More specifically, if a Pokemon starts storing up Bide and doesn't get hit during the storing phases, can it abandon ship at the very end and use a different attack on the final action instead of the release-energy part of Bide that would fail?

My guess is that it's locked in and can't abandon ship, but it never hurts to ask just in case.

Rest "Puts the user to sleep and fully heals it over three actions." Does this mean the user will wake up after three actions?

Also, does Rest heal 1/3 of the health each turn, or does it fully heal on the first turn?

Rest "Puts the user to sleep and fully heals it over three actions." Does this mean the user will wake up after three actions?

Also, does Rest heal 1/3 of the health each turn, or does it fully heal on the first turn?

Yes to the first; it will wake at the end of the second action after Rest is used. To the second, most refs do the first, but either way is accepted, I think. (edit: assuming that you meant actions by turns.)

Last edited:
Do Future Sight and Doom Desire count towards the damage cap of the round during which they connect? I feel that they should since Future Sight's BP has been raised somewhat drastically (EDIT:) and they're calculated with the user's offensive stats

Given that flame burst's splash damage is technically typeless, I'd assume you couldn't even trigger an ally's (or the target's ally's) flash fire that way, let alone your own.

I swear that in the last iteration in ASB Contrary was specified to not affect self-debuffs, because it would be horrendously overpowered.
Was this overwritten when it came in anew?

Back
Top Bottom