• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Open Scratch Sprite Shop (or That Shop with that Spriter who Procrastinates a Lot)

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
Hello. In case you don't yet know me, I'm Superbird. I create Scratch Sprites, and if you want, Pokédex entries for those scratch sprites. If you fancy, tell me. Now, though, before you start to request something, I'd prefer you read the following guidelines. Oh, and don't forget: by allowing me to work for you, you are giving me full license to identify the sprite, not the idea, as my own creation.

Format

Name:
Classification:
Description:
Pokédex Type:
Height:
Weight:
Pokémon Type:
Entry Text:
Other notes:

Okay, now for an explanation. You can fill out as many or as few of these fields as you feel like, and I will improvise on the rest, adding whatever fits in the situation. However, the description is always necessary—I have to know at least what I'm trying to sprite!

Name:
The pokémon's name. If you can't figure out what this means, I pity your intelligence. Also, try to keep it to twelve or less characters—same maximum length as the game.​
Classification:
You know how Bulbasaur is classified as the "Seed Pokémon" and Pikachu as the "Mouse Pokémon"? Well yeah, that. Try to keep it at fourteen characters max, spaces included. This does not include the word "Pokémon" after it.​
Description:
Your personal notes about the Pokémon. For instance, notes about what you want it to look like or whatever else you feel you should add.​
Pokédex Type:
Whatever Pokédex entry you want me to use. At the moment, you have two choices.
o9egqa.png
kailc9.png
Height, Weight
Self-explanatory.​
Pokémon Type:
What type the Pokémon is. Such as Water, or Dragon. You can choose either one or two different types.​
Entry Text:
What you want the Dex entry to say. If using type one Dex, it must be ≤125 characters, and if using type two Dex, it must be ≤175 characters.I will edit these for grammar, and shorten them if necessary.​
Other Notes:
Whatever else you want me to know about this thing, or stuff you want to tell me.​

Okay. So. Try to only request one thing at a time. I have a request list right below—if there are ≥three people on it, please don't request anything at that time. Anyway, thank you for stopping by!

Request List:

1. --
2. --
3. --

Last edited:
Re: Scratch Sprite Shop

I'm guessing your a pikmin fan? Well first off, if your trying to sprite, why not try something smaller... like re-colors?

This looks tasty. I'll request. We'll start off with something easy.

Could you do a dragon slime? I made a ten-second doodle so you'd know how to do it.

Also, are you open to comments and constructive criticism (also called C&CC)? If so, I put some in a spoiler so if you aren't, you don't have to read it.

I noticed the main outlines don't have any black in them. I recommend using black in the shadier sides of the outlines so it looks more... realistic, for lack of a better word. If you don't get what I mean, you can look at some 4th gen Pokemon sprites and try to figure out the gist of the "outline shading."

Brandman1996-No, Espith just happens to look like a pikmin, sort of. About the recolors, I feel that too many people already do stuff like that. If you want to see a recolor, look at Flatile (see if you can guess from which?)

Cryptica-I am open, and your...thing...is coming up. By the way, do you want it to have some specific name or dex entry?

Yes I can it's! A lanturn!. Oh, but the idea is awfully the same as pikmin dying... and yes a lot of people do re color, do whatever you like, I don't care.

Correct, Brandman1996!

Cryptica-The sprite part is currently finished, and named "Drastoa". Please, tell me if you'd like that changed. I will probably start on the dex entry by tomorrow, so if you don't send instructions by then, I'll just improvise.

EDIT: Cryptica-The dex entry is here. If there's anything you want changed, tell me, especially since I went by just thoughts.
t9xx80.png

Last edited:

Ohai thar. I see you make pokedex entries, eh? Well, I'll just leave this here.
Name: Kirachu
Image: This with the ears and tail of this and the veil of this. (Every part is colored like the first picture)
Species: Wish Maker Pokemon
Height: 1"47"
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Type: Normal-Psychic
Info: This Pokemon is rarely seen by anyone. It only awakens when it hears the Song of Dreams. It's cuteness makes it very popular among children.

Last edited:

Done! I probably messed something up here, so if you want me to change anything at all, just tell me. By the way: For height you said 1' 47". Looking at Jirachi's height, I thought you meant 1' 4". If I missed that, please tell me. Also, your Dex entry was too long to fit in the box. I just shortened it to something a tiny bit smaller. Anyway, here it is.

28i56v7.png

OH MY GAWD!
*eyes burn from awesomeness*
That's cool.
Although it could've been a bit better.

Forget 2 days--it's done now!
I had a lot of free time today.

If there is anything you don't particularly like about it, just tell me and I'll fix it. Here you go, Impossible:
35lyogg.png

Scratch Sprite Shop

^^ A Request! Finally!

...I'll try.

EDIT:
20uo2ex.png

Really. We already have Beedrill...

Last edited:

An Ice/Flying Penguin. ((Who cares if they can't fly)) Just don't make it fly. Just give it wings. Like made of ice.

NAME: Arctiguin

And I want the words. It's wings are made of solid Ice and because of that, it can't fly.

Okey-Dokey! I assume it can learn more than just Present? ;)

The dex entry can probably stand a second sentance. Should I improvise or do you want to specify something?

EDIT:
8vn4oy.png

NOTES:
Okay, I've fallen in live with this thing. First, I looked at other people's spritework, and saw the less elaborate, more solid, less checkered shading they did, so I tried to switch to that style in this. It came out much better than it would have otherwise. Also, I now know how to do ice! The entry was edited for grammar, and if you want the third sentance changed, just say so. I'm perfectly willing to change it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom