• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Centre 3: Idea Harder

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
So, old one was kinda old and long, so let's start fresh, eh?

Anyway, I wanna do more forum RPing, since I can post n' run and my work schedule can be interesting. I imagine lots of ASBers like RPing in general, so here we go.

I kinda wanna start something simple to join and to keep open, Pokemon related... Maybe where you play as a 'mon, as trainer teams can be hard to maintain. What would people like to join? Epic long-running plot? A lot of little short events? Both? I'm flexible!

RPs don't tend to last that long here so rather than setting up an epic it's better to do something that starts interesting rather than having a long introductory/setup stage. It can grow into an epic if it lasts but it needs to aim to be fun for the actual period it's going to be played.

Basically what allitersonance said; people around here tend to lose interest pretty quickly. Something that starts off interesting right off the bat would probably be effective, as introductory phases are somewhat dry and set a precedent for dryness in the rest of the roleplay— alternatively, something laid back that without any huge obligation to get The World's Longest Post written might be effective as well, since I feel like the onus of having to write long, incredibly detailed posts drives a lot of people away.

Well yes, I'm very aware of how...flighty most RPers can be. Its more that "let's beat up that bad guy" tends to be more popular than a bunch of stuff happening for no particular reason. No need to be the next Tolkien about it, but having a driving force is nice.

Something like one of the various "group of 'mons having adventures" would work, and you can add people as you go. Kind of like how the RSP was, probably.

You know what'd be cool? Setting up an actual D&D/Tabletop game online. Then, perhaps after every session, we could, eh, "fictionalise" the events.

I don't really want to do anything D&D related, but I am here to do a roleplay! Already kind of setting one up on another Pokemon forum, but hey, I have a character who I'm drawing and is pretty much ready to RP with at any time. A Pokemon character, of course. I really have little interest in playing as a trainer.

Something like the RSP would be nice, but I'd like it to be a little less... darker. And preferably, either with no legendaries involved or a story that doesn't involve them as much. (Or makes a point to only involve a few of them, like two or three) I just think the whole legendary Pokemon plot is played out and cliche, and tends to make things get too complicated for my tastes.

A save the world plot would be good though. Something where there is a clear villain to beat up would totally keep my interest. I don't tend to like slice-of-life and sandbox things that don't have a clear goal. Oh, perhaps it could be something where the Legendaries' powers are disabled by some evil force and it's up to regular old Pokemon to save the day? That would fit into what I've said perfectly.

Really though, I'll do nearly anything at this point. (Those are just my preferences I've said) I'm aching for an RP to just jump into. (The one I'm setting up on the other forum has taken a while because it involves a great deal of detail and thought) The only reason I haven't really set up a roleplay here is because this place's RP section seems deserted. But as you have created this topic and I've seen some people who used to be in the RSP have returned, I think we could set something up.

Tbh, I'm not much of a Pokemon fan anymore. I haven't played a game since HG/SS. So I'd be out of sorts for a Pokemon rp. I'd be up for something else or something original though.

Okay, so this thread's kinda dead. Um...

What say you guys to me starting up a new RP thread in this section? Is anyone interested in that? I don't want to start a thread though unless I know this place isn't dead enough to support a roleplay. The thread'll probably be about:

Something like the RSP would be nice, but I'd like it to be a little less... darker. And preferably, either with no legendaries involved or a story that doesn't involve them as much. (Or makes a point to only involve a few of them, like two or three) I just think the whole legendary Pokemon plot is played out and cliche, and tends to make things get too complicated for my tastes.

A save the world plot would be good though. Something where there is a clear villain to beat up would totally keep my interest. I don't tend to like slice-of-life and sandbox things that don't have a clear goal. Oh, perhaps it could be something where the Legendaries' powers are disabled by some evil force and it's up to regular old Pokemon to save the day? That would fit into what I've said perfectly.

I'd join that if you set it up. I don't really have much else to say constructively here, creating RPs is not my strong suit.

I would likely join that as well!

I also haven't posted here yet because while I've wanted to rp, I couldn't handle coming up with any ideas that seemed cool and fun and not rehashing of old well-known rps

let alone run anything ahaha

I still wanna set something up, but I'm not sure what yet. What else do people wanna see? I'm in a 'mon mood personally but I'm open to ideas.

Also... @Arylett: define "less dark" maybe...? 'cause that doesn't sound very interesting.

I still wanna set something up, but I'm not sure what yet. What else do people wanna see? I'm in a 'mon mood personally but I'm open to ideas.

Also... @Arylett: define "less dark" maybe...? 'cause that doesn't sound very interesting.
Well, I don't mean rainbows and sunshine. Just... no super gore or blood or the super animal abuse theme the RSP had going on. I was always kind of perturbed by things like that. Obviously, deep characterization would be allowed and explored. We could get into some really messed up psychological situations if that's what people wanted. I'd basically define it as being rated teen. Although if that isn't your thing, that's fine. More roleplays in this section means more activity, after all!

So far, there's two people expressing interest for my thing. If I get three more people, I will start the thread. Whilst I'd like to gather more ideas from other people (And if you have anything to contribute, feel free! Even if you're not a roleplayer, don't be shy), I just get the feeling that this place needs action and more of a kickstart than anything. Thus, I'll try to make my RP as easy as possible to just get off the ground running. I can come up with plenty of ideas all my own anyways.

Just popping in to say that I'll probably join almost anything you guys start up! Though, it's been so long since I've RP'd at all (let alone here) so I'm a little bit rusty on what works. In any case, I'm sure that no matter what you go for, you'll get a good few people joining \o/

I'm not sure how something like this can work, but it sounds interesting. I'd like to watch.

yoooooooooooo roleplaying community at tcod! i'm super duper hyped for the community to get revitalized!!!

i've been itching to kick it like it's 2008 (why do i keep using that phrase) and bring back my good old standby (I don't care if that says 2010 I've had this whole idea since like 2008), especially 'cause i've started developing it for a fic and i might actually have some reasonable explanations for things and also be able to handle the whole thing appropriately

my only real concern though is that it might be a bit on the dark side? like it wouldn't be very gory at all and death would be pretty rare (though not impossible), but it still deals with what basically amounts to forced servitude and human experimentation? and you know, the whole shadow pokemon thing, cause that's kinda dark in and of itself.

i'm developing a plot summary and such, but i wanted to run it by you all in case you found it too dark for your liking

Back
Top Bottom