• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Generic Game Request

EDIT: Stats! Tell me if it's broken or underpowered. (Note that this will technically be Gen. IV so the moves will be updated.)
Well, looking at Bruno's team, and looking at the team that you've created, I think that there is a major contrast in levels. Bruno's were around lv43, but yours are around 53, a whole 10 levels above it. Perhaps if you were to change the levels of the rest of the Elite 4's pokemon, it wouldn't matter. But I think that it presents a problem. I'll get to work on the champion's team now.

EDIT: I've come up with this. I haven't figured out all of the items yet, but it seems alright. I've chosen levels near-similar to Lance's.

Blissey (F)
Lv. 44/Normal/Leftovers/None/Serene Grace
Softboiled
Thunderbolt
Water Pulse
Double-edge

Espeon (M)
Lv. 46/Psychic/None/Synchronise
Calm Mind
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Light screen

Arcanine (F)
Lv. 46/Fire/None/Intimidate
Overheat
Giga Impact
Double Team
Captivate

Kingdra (M)
Lv. 47/Water-Dragon/None/Swift Swim
Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Signal Beam

Tyranitar (M)
Lv. 49/Rock-Dark/Lum berry/Sand Stream
Crunch
Stone Edge
Outrage
Rock Polish

Meganium (M)
Lv. 51/Grass/Sitrus Berry/Overgrow
Earthquake
Synthesis
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Last edited:
Ah, right. I think I based it on either Gold or FireRed.

The team looks balanced. The items are usually nonexistent save for the Sitrus Berry with the last Pokemon. I'll use that.

Alright, forget the focus band on Blissey and give a Sitrus to Meganium.

Is Silver's Meganium/Chikorita female?
I don't think it was mentioned. I'll make it male since it's much less likely to get a female starter, game-wise.

vcs9hw.png

Sprite number one, Turtwig. I did not completely scratch this, since I actually shrunk the original sprite in paint. I did have to scratch edit the thing until it looked right, then I removed all colors and started shading. I decided to use the original colors, because D/P/P and R/S/E/FR/LG use the same amount of colors, just shaded differently.

vcs9hw.png

Sprite number one, Turtwig. I did not completely scratch this, since I actually shrunk the original sprite in paint. I did have to scratch edit the thing until it looked right, then I removed all colors and started shading. I decided to use the original colors, because D/P/P and R/S/E/FR/LG use the same amount of colors, just shaded differently.
Sweet, thanks.

I may also need the backsprites as well.

Oh...that didn't cross my mind. I'll go ahead and make one either later or tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

EDIT: Well, finally took the time to make it.

nzgfio.png

Sorry for being late, but I was enjoying the holidays. I don't really like this sprite, but that is only because of the Advance styled leaf shading. As before I shrunk the sprite, making scratch edits here and there, and re-used the colors.

Last edited:
Oh...that didn't cross my mind. I'll go ahead and make one either later or tomorrow, depending on how I feel.

EDIT: Well, finally took the time to make it.

nzgfio.png

Sorry for being late, but I was enjoying the holidays. I don't really like this sprite, but that is only because of the Advance styled leaf shading. As before I shrunk the sprite, making scratch edits here and there, and re-used the colors.
Once again, I appreciate the help.

Update: I have the Kanto city/town maps done, now for events.

Back
Top Bottom