• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DS2 to have rumble stylus? Hells yes.

Hey, spend your money on whatever you like, I really don't care. I'm criticizing Nintendo for being a bunch of assholes again, not you. But shit, I'm not gonna buy it for better screens when the system has primarily shitty graphics, better speakers which are really fucking useless, a jumbo size, or "ooh a camera".

and the problem that plagued me most on the lite was the R button malfunctioning.

Heh, happened to me too. (Until I complained to some random kid about it and he took it and blew on it and it started working again.)

Yeah, uh. The hinges on mine snapped.

Mine too~ and actually so did one of the side hinges on my lite. Which unfortunately means that the top screen will not "click into place" when I open it. But damned if I'm going to get a whole new DS just 'cause of a slight inconvenience. If Nintendo decides to be assholish and create games that are only playable on something that's not the lite I prolly will, but meh. That's only if they do.

Last edited:
Yeah, uh. The hinges on mine snapped.

What in the world were you doing for that to happen?

170 - 130 = 40. Not 60. Learn to count. Also, guess what; I think I know I spent more. Because I can!

Keep in mind I'm going by pricing of the phat, which is less than $130.

And congratulations. You've got money to throw around. Be glad you don't have to pay bills or rent yet.

What in the world were you doing for that to happen?

Nothing. The system was aged, and the hinges simply had enough from all the opening and closing over the years. Also, I know two+ other people here whose hinges have snapped on their orignal DS, too.

Keep in mind I'm going by pricing of the phat, which is less than $130.

I'll keep that in mind next time I go to the store and--oh wait.

And congratulations. You've got money to throw around. Be glad you don't have to pay bills or rent yet.

So why are you using personal bias as a reason to buy/not buy something? "I can't afford to buy one... so you are clearly obstinate and foolish for buying one yourself!" No.

Also, how do you know I don't pay bills and rent? You don't. And 'yet'? Nice assumptions.

Here guys, a little fun with numbers:

This is from initial release to the release of its successor, meaning this doesn't take into account the fact that Nintendo usually supports two systems at once for a few months before discountinuing the obsolete system.

GB: 9 year life span including updates(Pocket)
GBC: 3 year life span
GBA: 3 year life span including updates
DS: 6+ year life span including updates

So far, the DS has only been outlived by the Game Boy. And considering the DS2 is only in its early stages, the DS easily has another 1 1/2-2 years until the release.

And I'll point out the DS Lite is not intended to be phased out in favor of the DSi.

Also, for those of you complaining that a DS successor is being made, read this:

Superninfreak of the BitForums said:
The DS2 is very early in "development" (in fact it's so early that I have to put development in scare quotes).

Now, the earliest this COULD come out is maybe Q3-Q4 2011. However, it's possible that it will come out sometime in 2013 if not later.

Let me explain. The pokemon devs are probably a group nintendo trusts a lot, particularly with info on handhelds. Now, even they don't have dev kits for the process of making games, they have kits so they can give nintendo feedback. Not kits so that they can work on games, kits so that they can give nintendo feedback.

If Nintendo isn't having a trusted group like that start working on DS2 games / move the DS project(s) they're working on to DS2, then it's pretty safe to say that this is a while away.

Either way though, this should not be surprising. It's probably getting close to that time when the companies will start discussing their next systems. The handheld side of this generation started in 2004 (DS), and the console side started in late 2005 (360). It's early 2010 now.

And really, this is only a patent. Since we haven't had any sort of official anouncement from Nintendo yet, all that means is that this is an early leak. And the kits sent to the Pokemon Company? They aren't for development. They're in an early beta, meaning that they will not be used for new games. Basically, we won't be seeing a DS 2 for a few years probably.

Why are people bitching about the DS2?

From what I can tell, the DS2 is to the DS as the GBA is to the GBC

Besides, do we even have enough information to know whether this is just another update to the DS or if it is an entirely new system?

I mean, god! I bet people didn't go, "THE GBA IS JUST ANOTHER GODDAMNED GBC!" when it was JUST ANNOUNCED!

Sorry, I am just tired of people bashing things when they barely know anything about it (I've been on the Gamefaqs Sonic 4 boards. People are going to boycott Sonic 4 because it is too similar to Sonic 1 from the FEW FUCKING SECONDS OF BETA THAT THEY SAW >.<)

So please, until we know more about the DS2, then shut the hell up about it and get back to the topic on hand (the rumble stylus, if you happened to forget)!

God, bitching about a system nobody knows anything about is asinine! Bitch about the Rumble Stylus patent all you want, because you know about that, but NOT about the DS2 which we know nothing about! >.<

here's an idea: maybe they should make the system right the first time and not release a whole bunch more

Sony's doing the exact same shit, too. Videogaming is over. I don't fucking want a 15th version of a console I bought 6 fucking years ago. I want something different and more advanced. And NO, a bigger screen with the same resolution and MP3 support is not an advancement. Sony can suck my right nut and Nintendo can suck my left.

Granted if this rumored DS2 is an ACTUAL step forward at last, I might rekindle my hope for gaming.

Why are people bitching about the DS2?

From what I can tell, the DS2 is to the DS as the GBA is to the GBC

Besides, do we even have enough information to know whether this is just another update to the DS or if it is an entirely new system?

I mean, god! I bet people didn't go, "THE GBA IS JUST ANOTHER GODDAMNED GBC!" when it was JUST ANNOUNCED!

Sorry, I am just tired of people bashing things when they barely know anything about it (I've been on the Gamefaqs Sonic 4 boards. People are going to boycott Sonic 4 because it is too similar to Sonic 1 from the FEW FUCKING SECONDS OF BETA THAT THEY SAW >.<)

So please, until we know more about the DS2, then shut the hell up about it and get back to the topic on hand (the rumble stylus, if you happened to forget)!

God, bitching about a system nobody knows anything about is asinine! Bitch about the Rumble Stylus patent all you want, because you know about that, but NOT about the DS2 which we know nothing about! >.<

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

Of course I was hoping there wouldn't even be a need to bitch after my post, but your post here also shows why they shouldn't. Icalasari, I'd give you a cookie if I could.

So...rumble stylus. Eh, I've heard worse ideas. I want to see how it plays out first.

It's not really a bad idea. It's about time they start adding rumble to handhelds (I wish the PSP had rumble, cause then I could play all my PSX games like on Mega Man Legends 2, or Parasite Eve on the go with that same rumble).

I don't really care as long as it doesn't end up being another Virtual Boy. I don't want to be seeing everything in red lines for a week.

I remember those vibrating pens now...

But yeah, I'm not completely interested in the new DS anything right now. But I'm also not completely satisfied with my DS Lite... all because of the hinge break issues (it's a design flaw in the Lites, a lot of them do get it), and the shoulder button issues that plague the system (and from what I have read, some people have had the issues since the GBA days, maybe earlier).

My right hinge is now exposed, a piece that covers that part of the hinge snapped off, it no longer snaps in place so it doesn't stay closed or open so I have to hold it a special way, and the L button is pretty much dead, although it mysteriously started working a few hours ago, but just like every other time it'll die again for months or something.

If I'm gonna get any new DS... it's gonna be the DSi XL. It'll do wonders for my carpal tunnel. The pen-sized shy guy stylus I got in a kit for Christmas has helped a lot... but I still need a slightly bigger system if I'm to really keep my CT under control. At least the DSi XL isn't extremely OMFG huge.

Sony's doing the exact same shit, too. Videogaming is over. I don't fucking want a 15th version of a console I bought 6 fucking years ago. I want something different and more advanced.

Cry more. Clearly, gaming is over because something is made that you personally don't care much about.

Why the hell do people care so much when Nintendo does things like this? Unless they're paying your salary and you think their latest console update won't sell... uh, what's the deal? At least there's *something* between generations for people who don't mind buying updates.

Nintendo actually aren't that gimmicky. Most things that people think are their gimmicks tend to come out better than we all think, so yeah. :/

Back
Top Bottom