• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Jack Thompson is at it again, and this time in Montana.

Shiva64

Pronoun
they
Yeah so, I decided to check out the site I go to for local news here. Read about how some 18 year old boy is being sentenced. Nothing new there... until I read further in the article. Jack Thompson is gonna try to come here to Montana and bring up his bullshit about how video games kill people and all that usual crap.

This pisses me off severely, but I decided to post it here since well... it's pretty much video game related and I think in the past I've seen threads relating to him here...

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/89885972.html

"The defendant in the case literally trained unwittingly to kill this one victim and wound two others by hours and hours and hours of murder simulation games, which he replicated even to the point of how he shot them," Thompson said in a phone interview with KULR-8. "None of this is to say that the boy is not responsible for what he did, but I think before a 60 year sentence is imposed which is amounts to a death sentence, the judge ought to hear all the evidence that's out there."

Thompson is asking the court to allow him to travel to Montana and tell the judge why he thinks Olivares-Coster should receive a lesser sentence.

Why the hell would he try coming here when he was disbarred for his stupidity? With him posting in the comments there, I just want to harp on him so so SO bad, but I knew if I tried, he would take it as a threat and try suing my ass or something to that degree.

I don't want him coming here. ;_;

As dickish and stupid as this is, we should all be thankful for Jack Thompson. Because if he ever backs down, someone competent might take his place and who knows, the moral minority might even get taken seriously.

I just don't want him in Montana's business (mainly, but I also hate him dearly). He needs to stay in Florida where he belongs.

However, I do like this comment someone recently posted on that article.

Dean Buckley said:
With all due respect, Mr. Thompson, you claimed that Penny Arcade were guilty of criminal harassment when they donated money to charity in your name. You are an embarrassment to the legal profession and your disbarment was fully deserved. That said, I would like to thank you for your continued stance against video games. If not for your constant buffoonery and legal incompetence, the moral minority might actually get taken seriously. I sincerely hope you remain an anti-video game campaigner for years to come, because you are the greatest thorn in the side of the anti-video game campaign I have ever seen. As long as you are around, no one competent will step up to the plate. You are a true friend of the video game community. You are also a great source of laughs. I always get a chuckle when someone as vehemently pro-censorship as you compares other people to Nazis. Here's hoping for you to have a long and failure-ridden career. Dean Buckley.

Ah well, it's posted here incase it does get removed for any reason.

Let's see if he replies... >:3

Back
Top Bottom