• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions My sprites.

NismoZ

I don't know what to put here.
My sprite collection. Criticism and suggestions are welcome.
Splices:
5grass.png
chardos.png
charscythefree.png
combuskenlee.png
grouditina.png
hauntskull.png
lugimin.png
totolava.png
flyumblucarivireprasphl.png
pidgeodactyl.png
pikaflare.png
zorozard.png

Revamps:
bulbasaurrevamp.png
revampmeowth.png
shinymewtworevamp.png
silverbulbasaurrevamp.png
pikachurevamp.png
quilavarevamp.png

Pixel-overs:
pikachupixelover.png
rayquazapixelover.png
sparky.png
espeonpixelover.png
hoohpixelover.png
pikachupixelover.png
pixeloverumbreon.png
porygonpixelover.png

More to come!

Last edited:
Overall,I like them very much. Actually,I love them alot. I just have afew things that,in my opinion,could be changed:

The Groudon/Giratina one looks very nice,but the way the head is connected to the chest could use changing. It just looks to flat in my opinion. But overall,very nicely done.

The Meowth Revamp is very kawaii~,but I suggest you use other colors to outline Meowth with instead of just black. :3

Overall,I give you a 11/10 for your sprites. :3

I am loving the Zoroark/Charizard splice so hard.

The first couple of revamps have a bit much black in the outlines, but I've seen worse. Most people just recolor the shading and call that a revamp when they first start doing them, but you've got the right idea.

You've got potential. :3 Keep at it!

The Groudon/Giratina one looks very nice,but the way the head is connected to the chest could use changing.
That was one of my earlier sprites, and at the time I didn't know what to do about it.
I suggest you use other colors to outline Meowth with instead of just black.
I believe that was my first revamp. I'll probably redo that at some point.

The first couple of revamps have a bit much black in the outlines

The Meowth is in there, which was my first revamp, and I used the D/P sprite for reference on the Bulbasaur. It had a very dark outline color, and I didn't use big enough highlights.
Notice how dark the outlines on the D/P Bulbasaur are compared to on my sprite.
bulbasaurrevamp.png
bulbasaur

Last edited:
The eyes and mouth on the Bulbasaur are where the "too much black" is, in particular. The line running through the bulb could use more a bigger highlight as well.

On the other hand, the Mewtwo revamp could use a few more outlines on his lower half, particularly the legs and green tummy... section.

But, as I said before, you have the right idea about how to do revamps and what they're supposed to be. I've seen a lot worse for first-time revamps.

I probably have a lot more since I last updated, but on this new computer I only have these three so far.

bulbamander.png
emongarisu.png
victinidevamp.png

The first is a splice of Bulbasaur and Charmander (Bulbamander). The second is a splice of Emonga and Pachirisu (Emongarisu). The third is a devamp of Victini.

I kind of have a story behind Emongarisu; from the first time I saw it in a CoroCoro scan, I knew it looked so much like Pachirisu that when the sprite was released I would splice them. I didn't do it right away, but when I used the B/W sprites for Bulbamander, I remembered that, and that was the next sprite I made.

Back
Top Bottom