• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: City Folk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlu_W0BHmE

To be honest, until I saw this video, I wasn't going to get the Wii version, but, having the Gamecube version and the DS version rolled into one package with a ton of new stuff thrown in is just too awesome not to.
I'm looking forward to the city idea, although I'm a bit skeptical of the bus thing. If it requires more than half a minute to get there, then it's going to be a real pain and I won't go there terribly often. I'm also disappointed that Shampoodle's there too, seeing as it was so accessible in Wild World. All you had to do was go to Nooks. Also not digging the Mii intergration. I like the AC:WW avatars.
Gracie has her own shop? Is she the new main seller of clothes? Or are they only her special brand? Kinda defeats the purpose though, so I'm thinking you still have to do some sort of mini-game to get them.
The Gyroid in the Auction house made me laugh. I hope front door gyroids come back. They weren't in the video, but there's still time to put them back. I liked them.
I also like the way they handle the menu screen, seeing as they don't have two screens to rely on. It's also pretty awesome how they're keeping the rolling log effect.
Cliff's...I'm a bit split here. On one hand, the cliffs made it seem more like a town, but on the other, they were annoying to navigate. Hopefully there'll be more ramp this time.

I'm really liking the VOIP add-on. I've been waiting for voice-chat, and Animal Crossing it perfect for it. I hated the chat feature in Wild World. It really disrupted the game. I wonder whether you'll be able to use it in all future wifi games?

It's nice to see that the graphics haven't improved much, because those chunky graphics are AC's style. It's brilliant how they've made them look better, but managed to keep the chunky style.

It also looks like we're getting chimp villagers as ordinary villagers now. Will the Nintendo chimps still be in it?
I hope my favourite characters, Pate, Kody and Hugh return.

Seems there's no change with KK. There's still a stage in Brewsters.
Aaaand that's all for now

AAA <3

IT looks good, but I agree on the Mi feature. That just made them look horrible. D:
Eeh, bus thing I'm all for. I'm sure it won't take more then a minute. Seriously, I'm content with wait to go to the city.

I hope the Gyroids come back to your house too. The bed thing just wasn't the same. :\

So far I'm loving the graphics though. Everything is so smooth and simple. It seems like every AC game has looked like this because of the perfection. I just hope they don't screw around with it. I don't see what you mean by chunky. Do you mean like in the shape of the characters? Or the textures themselves?

I'm glad KK didn't get his own place and is still in Brewsters. It gives him his mellow image, while keeping away from looking like a hobo. :3

What makes you say the Chimp villagers thing? Because some villagers are in the city or something? I hope not, it just wouldn't be the same. I think maybe the villagers can go to the city just like you or something. Idunno. It's hard to speculate.

Also, on Nintendo's site it says that you can go to the Happy Room Academy HQ to see the top ranked players. :o

Oh, man. I was waiting for Animal Crossing for the Wii, and it looks like this is going to be a good one. :D

The voice chat feature sounds pretty sweet, and is definitely a step up from the pain-in-the-butt thing they did on WW. I'm not too keen on the Mii thing either, even though I expected them to integrate the Miis somehow for ACWii, but I guess you don't have to use them. Like everyone else said, the graphics look nice and smooth while still keeping the Animal Crossing style, and that's pretty cool.

I definitely want. :D

Back
Top Bottom