• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Songs you cant stand

Why should he have to attempt to explain it when linking to wiki is easier + explains it better than any one person could? =P

Why should he have to attempt to explain it when linking to wiki is easier + explains it better than any one person could? =P

Ok so why should I have to explain to my 8 year old nephew how do do his homework when he can read his homework bood. You just do. Im not Eight but still but I figured it could be talked about.

Are you comparing yourself to an eight year old? That's not very good, dude. Zeta linked to that page under the assumption that you were intelligent enough to comprehend what's written there and learn from it. Perhaps it was assuming too much.

Are you comparing yourself to an eight year old? That's not very good, dude. Zeta linked to that page under the assumption that you were intelligent enough to comprehend what's written there and learn from it. Perhaps it was assuming too much.

I just saying if someone asks something whats the harm in saying what it is unless your too lazy.

Last edited:
I actually like most songs that other people hate O_o (Ex: The Jonas Brothers, popular Z100 music, etc.) I guess it's just because I like that pop-ish type of music :D Oh, but I hate rap >_< Unless it's just in a song for one small part, and the rest of the song is good. But songs that are all rap, I despise.

I just saying if someone asks something whats the harm in saying what it is unless your too lazy.
Because some people* need to realize that they are on the internet, and that in the future, in order to not waste other people's time, they can just find the information themselves. You can think of it this way: I'm teaching you to use your resources. I'm teaching you to rely on yourself.

Also, I shouldn't have to do work for you, just because you are somehow incapable of going to google.com and performing a search.

*Drifloon Rocks, you're a good forum member, but I am definitely looking at you.

If its a waste of time why are you on this forum posting everywhere else. Its not going to hurt you explaining one simple thing you just dont want to do it and thats fine.

Last edited:
Actually, I think Desolater has a point. I mean, the forum is for discussion, it's kinda rude to go 'oh god just fucking google it' or 'click here'. You wouldn't do that to someone in real life, would you? It's not hard to just say 'Glam rock is ___, like this band, ___.'
Fair enough people who make entire threads about 'what is a sprite lol' or something, but he was just asking. :/ It's discussion. It's like asking someone how they are and them telling you to fuck off and find out yourself by checking their LiveJournal or something.

As for music, I hate practically any R&B song about women. All of them are the same to me. I don't like pop either.

um

Desolater66 is on the internet. He has unlimited access to an enormous library of knowledge, right at his fingertips. Why the hell should I waste about two minutes of my life typing up a post for him, when it takes all of ten seconds for him to find out himself?

Desolater66 is on the internet. He has unlimited access to an enormous library of knowledge, right at his fingertips. Why the hell should I waste about two minutes of my life typing up a post for him, when it takes all of ten seconds for him to find out himself?

Note that the thread's title isn't 'what's glam metal'. He was just asking a question out of interest, seriously. There is no reason to jump down his throat and be all bitchy at him beacuse he asked you a question. It's not even a stupid question, either. If it was so hard then you could have actually ignored his post.

Honestly if you can't waste two minutes of your precious time telling him what glam metal is (or even what your opinion of it is, or what you think it is) then where did you find the time to copy & paste the URL for justfuckinggoogleit.com or even reply to my post. You seem to have enough time to make fun of him, but not to answer his question?

That's just rude. Grow up.

Dont even worry about it untraviolett thanks you rox.

Edit-For those of you who didennt know,
Glam metal sub-genre of heavy metal music that arose in the late 1970s and early 1980s

{ post took less then 30 secs}

Last edited:
Gothic metal and glam metal are a different thing entirely. I know asking you to read what Zeta linked to is asking an awful lot of you, but it'll be enlightening. I promise.

Gothic metal and glam metal are a different thing entirely. I know asking you to read what Zeta linked to is asking an awful lot of you, but it'll be enlightening. I promise.

The link Zeta sent me was saying im a dumbass for asking a stupid question I could of looked up.

Edit Glam metal sub-genre of heavy metal music that arose in the late 1970s and early 1980s

{ post still took less then 30 secs}

Yes, and a link takes an even shorter amount of time and still displays more information than one person alone could provide.

Kiss is a good example of glam metal - image over music.

Yes, and a link takes an even shorter amount of time and still displays more information than one person alone could provide.

Kiss is a good example of glam metal - image over music.

I know but thia is still a decision thread and its only fair to answer somebody else when they ask about something and not throw a fit If anyone asked me something I would tell them

I respect what ypu think though so lets get back to the original topiu

Yes. Let's.

Has anybody really not heard "Mercy" by now? It's hard to listen to it anymore without feeling nauseated. I imagine this applies doubly so for you Brits.

Yes. Let's.

Has anybody really not heard "Mercy" by now? It's hard to listen to it anymore without feeling nauseated. I imagine this applies doubly so for you Brits.

YOU'VE ME BEGGING YOU FOR MERCY
WHY WON'T YOU RELEASE ME
YOU'VE GOT ME BEGGING YOU FOR MEEERRRRRCYYYYY
WHY WON'T YOU RELEASE MEEEEEEE

in short yes

Should I be glad that I haven't? :D;

Back
Top Bottom