• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Just... just yes. I am so excited about this. Simultaneous worldwide release? I want to hug you, Game Freak, I really do. I haven't liked all three starters so much since G/S. And everything looks so damn shiny and I love that place at 0:30, aaaaah.

I'm very excited now. The new starters look incredibly silly, but I don't even care, because... just... look... at... those... beautiful... 3D... graphics. <3

I'm likely going to pick Fennekin as a starter, as long as its evos don't disappoint me.

Well damn, I was kinda hoping for RSE remakes tbh. But still, gen 6 aaaaaaaaaaagh

The parts in the commercial with the character swinging on vines and jumping on webs were pretty cool! I'm probably gonna choose Fennekin too unless one of the others has a cooler evo, yeah.

X and Y make me think of math :[

So, looking at the starters, I thought this was a prank. They do look quite a bit like some fakemon I've seen. But, after seeing the video, holy shit.

Those graphics look wonderful and not only is everything in glorious 3d, but there are different gens involved in-game. The only things I'm worried about at this point are major gameplay mechanic changes and transferring from older gens.

Still, these look marvelous and I can't wait to see more. That y-like dragon thing looks cool, too.

Judging by the Eiffel-looking tower, I'd assuming the game is based in Poké-Paris. And so, so, so excited! At first the hype hadn't settled in, but now I'm just ahhhhh so excited.

sdhgfs I am insanely hyped! I mean, Chespin is a bit meh, but it could totally evolve into something rad so I'm not gonna judge it now. Firefox Fennekin is p cool, especially if it evolves into something other than fire/fighting (!!!!). Froakie looks promising aaaaaa

I want to see the evolutions already, but we're probably not gonna get them any time soon ;_;

And the legendaries! Dragonbird with veiny underbelly is pretty amazing and JESUS DEER's antlers are deliciously over-the-top. I like those colours!
Also, I was wondering: do you think the X and Y have something to do with chromosomes?

QUICKEDIT: oh, and the pokemon actually, physically ATTACKING each other is super neat! It's exactly what the animated sprites lacked. :O

I guess I gotta start looking for a 3DS at this point, since there are some other exclusive games too that I absolutely NEED

EDIT: also might as well post screenshots here so that people who haven't seen the thing yet can get a quick look at the new 'mons:
xy_starters.png

xy_legends.png

Last edited:
Judging by the Eiffel-looking tower, I'd assuming the game is based in Poké-Paris. And so, so, so excited! At first the hype hadn't settled in, but now I'm just ahhhhh so excited.

Plus when Pikachu uses thundershock and it zooms out, you see the real Eiffel tower.

Can't wait till this comes out. :D I love the frog and the fox, hopefully there will be no fire/fighting starter this time!

It also looks like the overworld is not on a grid anymore.

This is gonna be sweet!

I cannot wait for this. I can't. Just. Wow.

No idea which game I'm getting. Both X-mon and Y-mon rule. The grass starter looks like a fakemon I made, so I might get it and name it after the fake, but I also kinda want the fire one... I really doubt it'll be fire/fighting AGAIN...

Also. Paris? Really? Woo!

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot! The new protagonists! They're awesome!

Oh, and keep in mind that there is a tiny possibility of this meaning 3D Hoenn remakes...

xy_dna.png

Double helix says hi! Chromosomes confirmed?

Starter evo speculation! Perhaps Fennekin will get a fire/ground evolution? It is a desert fox after all. Would be a refreshing change.

Chespin looks like it has some kind of carrot theme going on (grass/fighting carrot bunny??), what with that orange tailtip and the leafy things.

Froakie can pretty much turn into... well, anything. Is that white thing supposed to be some kinda stylized foam? Whatever that is, I sincerely hope the froggie's evolutions continue the tradition of cool frog pokes O:

Man, it never seems like it's been that long between generations, then you look back and realize it's been like two or three years and you go "Where did the time go?"

I'm not sure what the consensus is about the starters yet, but the first forms of starters have always been dorky- It's what they turn into that is rad and awesome, and these three have promise.

To me, the new starters all look like Fakemon. But the new legendaries will probably work their way into my favorites :)

Back
Top Bottom