• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Yeah, wow, October seems really really soon!!! Wow. It's really cool how they've already done this much work for it :o I'm imagining usually they're doing lots and lots really close to time.

managing to release worldwide at the same time genuinely does feel like a cool achievement, so I'm going to totally give iwata that one. wow he was such a cutie. he's probably a fennekin.

After watching the trailer again I just noticed that there'll be roller blades. Hopefully they don't replace the bicycle D:

Oh, but completely unrelated: it's already coming out in October aaaaa I still haven't beaten the E4 on B2 even after all the playing I did over break. I guess if they had done the usual "release several months earlier in Japan" thing like usual the schedule would feel less rushed. Guess I have some grinding to do if I pass my exam at the end of this month. >>

(Admittedly this is mostly because my remaining nuzlocke pokémon will surely get murdered in the process, especially because scrafty has STAB SE against absolutely ALL of them. My poor handful of surviving babies! D: )

Hey, at least if the scrafty thing goes well you're just aiming to beat the E4. I'm actually making an effort to get as close to complete in this game as I can (go die in a hole, 1000 tag log medal), since I never do that anymore, and I still have to get all the pokémon, all the medals, get back into the side game stuff I've let go since I've been focusing on the dex, actually finish the postgame story... ffff October why

On the other hand, I guess that's a decent enough length of time for me to figure out how Gen VI is going to affect my fakemon crap, at least.

Speaking of fakemon, of course the speculative evos are already pouring in D: I'm trying super hard not to like any of them because I don't want to be disappointed, but I've seen some chespin and froakie evos that are so prettyyyyy ;-;

Yeah, but people have been "speculating" the Fighting/Psychic/Dark "triangle" ever since PK made those fake DP starters.

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily likely to actually be put into action! You know what the fandom's like; they'll hang onto ideas forever. Kratos' idea kind of makes sense though, but I'm still not sure they'd want to throw the starter typings off like that.

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily likely to actually be put into action! You know what the fandom's like; they'll hang onto ideas forever. Kratos' idea kind of makes sense though, but I'm still not sure they'd want to throw the starter typings off like that.
The suggestion was kind of facetious to start with! I'm not... really putting too much stock into that, haha.

Whoops while I'm sorta sad to see sprites go ((what will we make terrible edits of now?????)) the 3D makes up for it because Pokemon actually attacking each other is better! And no more grid for the overworld, yeah! And Paris!

All I want is for the starters to have interesting type combos when they evolve aaaaaagh. A part Flying type would be really nice but improbable I guess :U

Oh yeah, BW2 might have been the last generation for sprinters D:

Also, I already know that I'm getting Y version. The legendary just looks too amazing.

I like all the starters! I'm debating between choosing Fennekin or Froakie, but it really depends on what the final evo's are like. I also really like the deer legendary!

this is how my train of thought went

>announcement better not be gen 6 it's too soon for gen 5 to end i don't want it to eeeeend
>better not be gen 6
>it's gen 6
>nnNNNNNOOOooo
>watches trailer
>holy shit 3d
>aaaaa grass starter is so cute
>aaaa fire starter is too
>WATER STARTER
>wtf the legendaries look awesome
>wtf this whole game looks awesome
>FROAKIE THO
>WORLDWIDE RELEASE?!?!?!?!
>dkjhsagfkshjdkfsdg
>fhjsdghjsdg
>i am excite
>
>
>
>FROAKIE

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I know what the Fire and Water starters are based off of (Fennec Fox and frog), but I have no idea what the Grass starter is based off of.

Fire starter, here I come (as per usual)!

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I know what the Fire and Water starters are based off of (Fennec Fox and frog), but I have no idea what the Grass starter is based off of.

tumblr_inline_mgb3ya1Kgo1qkxnwy.jpg

also probably a mole or vole maybe.

NNEJFSD NASAGEN6OHMYGAAAAHDJNDA,FS

Now that that's out of the way, I can properly discuss my thoughts on the Pokemon.

Chespin for some reason looked really familiar. I couldn't place my finger on it...Until I saw this picture on Tumblr comparing it to Cub from Happy Tree Friends.

Fennekin is my favorite. Even better, in my starter-type-rotation that I use to decide which starter I pick, Fire is up next.

Froakie looks hilarious and cute. Not much else to say.

The title legandaries are weird looking to me, but in a 'different and cool' way, not a 'stupid and obnoxious' way.

Also, calling it now: Chespin and Froakie will evolve into a Grass/Fighting and Water/Fighting type respectively.

I am excited but I would be more excited if I didn't have this cloud over my head going NO SPRITES NO SPRITES NO SPRITES (probably). I hated the new graphics by proxy for a while before giving that up and enjoying them.

Froakie is the best, but vulpix and grasshawot are cool too! My friend actually has a theory that Froakie is a composery sort of thing, like how its foamy bits look kind of like composer hair! Also croaking.

I am so excited for this that i screamed and happy-danced as soon as i saw the commercial

Also:

After watching the trailer again I just noticed that there'll be roller blades. Hopefully they don't replace the bicycle D:

Pokemon Quartz. No. Can't unsee...

ACK I NEED A 3DS SO BAD I NEED THIS GAME

I want Fennekin and the awesome rainbow antler space deer thing omgasdadghdfn dfgjhaksjdlfcv dfngjewlk

this looks so good

although I will mourn for the loss Pokemon sprites, they were fun to play with ): I guess people could make BW style sprites for the new guys :o

ACK I NEED A 3DS SO BAD I NEED THIS GAME

although I will mourn for the loss Pokemon sprites, they were fun to play with ): I guess people could make BW style sprites for the new guys :o

1. ARE YOU ME we are having very similar thoughts

2. My only hope is that they'll have sprites for all the pokémon for, I dunno, stat screens or the pokédex or something.

Back
Top Bottom