• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Finals

My finals are next week on Thursday and Friday. I don't really know what I'll be exactly doing for each class, but I do know that half of them don't even contribute to any large portion of my grades. Like, Honors English is 5%, I believe. and I get half days, so cool?

...I miss high school already. orz

Yeah, well, that 5% is kind of a double-edged sword, since I miiight be failing that class with a 25% F.

Three exams down, one to go! Animal physiology went alright, genes to organisms was mehhh (because I thought the exam was cumulative so I spent a bunch of time reviewing the first section of the course which /wasn't on the test/), and biopsychology went amazing. There was only one question I totally blanked on and it was worth only two marks, so I drew a confused penguin in the answer space.

There was only one question I totally blanked on and it was worth only two marks, so I drew a confused penguin in the answer space.
I love it when my students draw things or write messages on their exams! But I doubt they love it when I write things back.

One time when we were grading Calculus I exams, this one guy had gotten 0 as the answer on a question where the answer was definitely not 0. Since he got no points on that problem, we were tempted to write "How did you get this to be 0? Here, have another 0!"

Another guy on the same test wrote "It's very obvious that the answer is..." and then followed up with an incredibly long and messy calculation that gave the wrong answer, and I considered leaving the comment "Not so very obvious now, is it?"

(Of course I didn't actually do any of the above. But it was tempting.)

I also had one student who would always finish tests ahead of time and then spend the last half hour drawing weird creatures on the back of the test. Like giraffe rabbits and stuff.

I love it when my students draw things or write messages on their exams! But I doubt they love it when I write things back.

One time when we were grading Calculus I exams, this one guy had gotten 0 as the answer on a question where the answer was definitely not 0. Since he got no points on that problem, we were tempted to write "How did you get this to be 0? Here, have another 0!"

Another guy on the same test wrote "It's very obvious that the answer is..." and then followed up with an incredibly long and messy calculation that gave the wrong answer, and I considered leaving the comment "Not so very obvious now, is it?"

(Of course I didn't actually do any of the above. But it was tempting.)

I also had one student who would always finish tests ahead of time and then spend the last half hour drawing weird creatures on the back of the test. Like giraffe rabbits and stuff.

My calculus TA used to write stuff on our problem sets when we got perfect like "show your friends!" or "put this on your fridge!" It was adorable.

There was a question on our last test for that course where I got totally stuck on this integral because of some stupid mistake and I ended up with this ridiculously complicated integral that I was completely unable to solve, so after a page and a half of calculations I gave up and drew a huge sad face. Whoever marked it wrote "LOL. good effort though!" or something and on a blank page proceeded to write out the entire solution to the problem in complete detail with diagrams and was like "I think this is where you got stuck:" with an arrow to one part of it and then ended it like "I hope this helps!" They have to mark so many tests and I was so touched that whoever it was took the time to write all of that, it was so sweet ;;

I love writing stuff for my TAs on my tests and I love it even more when they write back :p

I've written a fair deal of stuff in my German tests recently, but not on questions I didn't know the answer for -- they were just occasional side notes on the questions themselves.

For example, there was one where you had to fill in blanks with "was" or "had", in proper conjugation. One of the phrases was like "Ethan [had] a dog". I answered it correctly, and then scribbled on the side "But was he ever a dog?", in German. (possibly faulty german, that was still just my first year after all)

Haha, I did have one student write a lot of comments on the test questions, which were pretty funny, so I wrote "Nice commentary!" up by her score.

But she kind of got a poor grade, so I hope that didn't come across as dickish. I really did appreciate it!

My AP music theory teacher in high school would make his dislikes in the homework assignments very clear by way of "BOOO!" or "NO!". My favorite was when a classmate had too much space between two written voices, so the teacher drew a truck driving in between the voices.

I love it when my students draw things or write messages on their exams! But I doubt they love it when I write things back

I'd probably appreciate if it they wrote back! I'm always a bit paranoid that TAs or profs will be offended I doodled or tried to be witty on their precious test papers.

I think the penguin would appreciate it too. It's always so lonely.

My favorite was when a classmate had too much space between two written voices, so the teacher drew a truck driving in between the voices.

That is /beautiful/

My Music Theory professor has this little face he draws when you double leading tones in compositions which gets progressively angrier the more you do it. It shouldn't be very funny, but the last few times he's drawn it on the board he's added hair and things to it and it's just hysterical i can't deal

I did my English final yesterday. It was easy but it was also very... entertaining. There were three questions that referenced a reading that wasn't on the exam. My theories are either my teacher (who did not show up for the final, thanks very much) was drunk, pulled an all-nighter, or pulled a drunk all-nighter.

Apparently I have all my finals next week! Five of them. One is optional, I'm not sure what the standing is on the rest. I'm sort of stressed out suddenly, but I'll probably do fine, assuming my computer doesn't flip out and make me lose control of the touchpad again. (When that happens, it can only be fixed by restarting the computer, which is very, very bad considering the method with which these tests are taken.)

Graduated and this doesn't apply to me but talking anyway.

Our classes were divided into A and B parts, and there was a Final. You always had to take the final. If you passed any two of the three, you passed the class.

I did well on my finals, and knew I would, but they always worried me. The first couple were actual written tests, some were projects where we had to produce things to get graded.

When I did marching band in high school, our final was a big contest/parade

I took my English finals today, all of which were optional for some reason. I decided to abstain from taking the grammar one, since I'm relatively awful at grammar and it sucks, but I took the vocabulary and literature exams. I received a perfect score for the vocabulary test, but the literature test had a significant amount of questions regarding stories that we never read, or were required to read. I ended up getting a 69% on that one, which is a D. I had a word with my teacher about it, and hopefully she'll reset the test and allow me to take it again without the questions I couldn't answer.

...Yeah, virtual school is pretty lenient about finals, especially the optional ones.

Already done with the "Digital Technology"(which is various computer technology/IT stuff) and Databases (which went horrible, completely forgot a few of the things)... then I got Programming (Java) in a few days and I'm really not looking forwards to that ;_;
At least I get to go on to the next year (actual game design, instrad of this "basic info" year that's the same for everyone) even if I fail a subject, which is a huge relief (apparently I have several opportunities to retake them these 3 years...) This stuff turned out to be harder than I expected

Just five pages to go on my essay.

I can do it.

I might even sleep tomorrow.

There's nothing more glorious than working in Chicago style and seeing a quarter of your page taken up by footnotes.

I don't really have the specifics for any classes other than a 72 on my Bio final but I managed to get between a B and an A in all my classes so yay?

Not looking forward to next finals and Organic Chemistry.

i did alright? i mean i failed a class but legit everyone i've said this to was all "yeah that teacher's hard and also forcing kids to go to an off-campus event for a grade isn't cool especially for the theater kids" (there were multiple, but i missed the single one where they provided transportation and i don't drive)

i somehow avoided a massive gpa drop though which is astounding

otherwise my classes were good!

Back
Top Bottom