• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[NIGHT 0] Mafia Choice Mafia

So, SB, did you get a clear look at who deleted your mafia game? Or did they stab your mafia-game back?
And more importantly, how dark and cold is the everlasting abyss? Do you need some handwarmers?

Superbird's situation seems very fitting of his flavor choice -- considering that his game was Reverse Mafia, where "dead" players could still post in the thread and cast votes. It's very probably his own power at work.

Also, it seems like the knives are going to be a recurring flavor thing. I wonder what mine are like. I guess I've made them myself?

Anyways, we should lynch Eifie. She doesn't even go here.

Is it me, or was that Birdy showing that DA and Stryke are innocent?

Either that, or maybe that was just to show off that all he can do is lynch.

yo Superbird, if all you can do with your ghost powers is just lynch people, vote for me for "yes that's true" or vote for Stryke for "no deffo not true". And yknow, preferably withdraw your vote after or smth.

You know, I really just can't dig shovels. Some people praise them in spades, but my previous experiences with shovels have always ended up being soiled in one way or another.

these puns are a cat-tastrophe

...and I just realized the mootness of voting for Stryke for "no" when he could just say literally anything else to have the same effect, but it could prove a solid enough system for a ghost to communicate or something to that effect.

we should lynch Eifie. She doesn't even go here.

Mean-Girls-She-Doesnt-Even-Go-Here-02.gif

Wait a minute. JackPK was first on the list, and SB was the second. If this pattern continues, then Stryke is next. And if it continues, then skips over a person...
We might find mafia.
Of course, now that I say that, the mafia will either alter their pattern or kill me.
Don't be surprised if I die.

Nobody was lynched today because, again, Eifie doesn't even go here. (PS you guys should lynch people it's more fun that way!!)

48 hours for night actions.

(ok sorry for the late response!!)

Another day, another roll call. This time it's like kind of worse though? You all decide to count and recount and recount until you all settle on a solid number.

That number is ten. A nice even number, for sure, but not really. Honestly you all would have been fine with 14, the number you started out with, but then everyone would be alive again and that's such a pain to be honest.

The first one missing on your Trusty Roll Call Sheet is the singer of the group. His house is strewn with recording equipment and just a ton of speakers. Seriously, he lined his house with speakers. It's a fire hazard. One of you rifles through his kitchen and finds a handy-dandy Vanilla Mixture, probably for creating baked goods. Or death, possibly. He had a recipe left on his counter that was for some kind of poisoned Vanilla Muffin, written by your local Vipera Magnifica. Also on his counter was a little butter knife he used to check the temperature of the muffins or something like that. Either way he didn't like you guys and was part of the faction that wants you dead.

The second one missing on your Trusty Roll Call Sheet was actually referred to as the Vanilla Mafia of the group. She was not associated with the mafia that Vipera Magnifica was in, however. She had her own business she was doing. Unfortunately, that business was interrupted when she got killed and then also killed again to ensure she was dead. There was a lot of blood. A lot. She had good motives, based on some of her papers (each signed DarkAura) that were stuck in the wall with little pushpins shaped like knives. It's a shame you can't read any of them. You know, because of all the blood.

Vipera Magnifica is dead. He was MAFIA.
DarkAura is dead. She was INNOCENT.

48 hours for discussion.

phoenix-thinking(b).gif

This is certainly strange... Hm... If flavor is any indication, VM could've been a Very Malicious poisoner. I wouldn't be surprised if one of us dropped dead at the end of the day.

Hm, the singing part is interesting too, but I can't particularly think of a role that that would fit. It's probably just from the song choice game though.
I've also noticed that every single death has mentioned the deceased's knife collection, but I think that's probably flavor as well.

Huh... thought for SURE I would die...
So was it a vig kill or some sort of bodyguard? Didn't say HOW VM died... did we just find a friend or an enemy?
Also, does anyone want to roleclaim? I will after I use my one-shot power...
Let's just say that nobody's going to die on my watch tonight...

Hmm. Well, I'm sitting on a fair bit of information - not terribly useful information, mind you - but I think I'd better come forward with this before I get killed off too, hehe.

So! My role is that of a Universal Backup. Whenever an innocent dies, I can take on their mantle and gain their powers (though doing so erases my current powers, and I don't know beforehand what the new powers will be). Very meta! After Superbird died, I gained his powers and found out that he's a Medium / Restless Spirit. As a result, I can communicate with all dead players!

Without further ado, here's all the information I've collected from beyond the grave:
  • JackPK: As you recall, he was a self-aligned role. He claims that he had a killing power, and that he was "just as much against the mafia as town is". He claims that he targeted DarkAura on N0, but something protected her. He really wants someone to revive him, hehe.
  • Superbird: He was a Medium / Restless Spirit, meaning he could communicate with dead players, and retains the ability to cast votes while dead. He says he can still answer yes/no questions via voting (so you could tell him something like "vote X for yes, vote Y for no" like we did before). The reason he was so insistent on Jack being a serial killer earlier was that he already knew Jack had a killing power, he just didn't want to reveal that yet.
  • VM: Not being cooperative for obvious reasons.
  • DarkAura: She claims to have been an inspector with a one-shot kill. Apparently, she inspected VM on N0 (he was mafia), then inspected me on N1 (I am innocent), then killed VM on N2. She says she didn't use the kill straight away because she wanted to make sure she wasn't a paranoid role first.
Alright. Most of this information is honestly not that useful. However, we know that we've lost one inspector, so unless we have a second one, we shouldn't hold out for anyone else to provide inspection results (I chose not to copy DarkAura's powers, so it's too late for that). We also know that someone protected DarkAura on N0, so we definitely have a doctor or similar protective role in our midst. That's all, really.

That doesn't really get us anywhere, I suppose. But here's what I'm thinking: At the moment, the mafia is in a bit of a tricky situation. If they target me, I get the benefit of Superbird's Restless Spirit role, so I too can keep voting from beyond the grave; that means the mafia gets little benefit from killing me. But if they target someone else, and that person has a useful role, I can use my backup ability to keep that role in the game for a bit longer. So either way, they can't quite get rid of anyone important tonight, hehe!

Furthermore, Phoenix of the Night is implying that he has a one-shot power that protects all players from death, so I would expect no death tonight anyway (unless Phoenix is lying or VM poisoned someone).

Therefore, now is a good time for anyone with a valuable but vulnerable role to claim! If the mafia picks you off, I can still communicate with you, or even inherit your power; and if Phoenix is saying what I think he's saying, then we're safe for at least one more night anyway. In fact, maybe it would be a good time to go for a massclaim now? That way, I'll have much more information about when to use my backup power and when not to, and I feel like right now is a reasonably safe time to do so.

In any case: now you know what I know. Help me figure out a way to take advantage of this situation! Hehehe!

mmmm. mafia always makes me nervous, but after reading this a couple times I feel reasonably okay with the idea of claiming?

but I'd like to wait and see some others' opinions before we go with it, because I still have very bad senses on this kind of thing.

Oh, it's even better than you think it is! For you see, my game was fandom mafia, and i love me some luigi's mansion! So tonight, get some ghost hunting gear, because we're having a party in a haunted mansion!

Back
Top Bottom