• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sinnoh remakes?

Luxcario

'Humans are interesting.'
Pronoun
he
(Not sure if this belongs here or in Upcoming Games, since they haven't even been confirmed yet.)

Simply put - does anyone think they're going to remake the original Sinnoh games (D/P)? Unless Kanto is remade for a second time, D/P remakes are next up on the list. Even if Game Freak do plan to create these, it's definitely a long way on the horizon, but what might they add/remove/bring back if this were to happen?

Personally, I'm hoping for a revamped Underground. Cave-ins in 3D... Maybe more features such as passersby roaming the caverns or being able to excavate secret paths.

I think it's entirely possible, but I wouldn't count on it until Nintendo is no longer selling systems on which the original DS versions can be played.

FRLG are the only remakes to my awareness where they broke this rule (even despite the trade incompatibility, Gen I could still be played on GBAs). Gen II and other Game Boy Color games couldn't be played in the dual-slot mode of DSes, so HGSS came around when the series switched to the DS in Gen IV. Gen III could still be played on the DS in Gen V, so no more remakes in that generation, but by Gen VI we had the 3DS, which can no longer play GBA games, so we got ORAS.

If the next handheld hardware after the 3DS is still backwards-compatible to original DS games, I'd bet money that we don't get Sinnoh remakes on the generation in which the Pokemon series first moves up to the new hardware. We may or may not get re-remakes of FRLG, though... who knows?

If the next hardware after the 3DS isn't backwards-compatible, it's entirely possible we'll get Sinnoh remakes. Probable, even. By then, we'll be getting to the point where kids who started the Pokemon series with Sinnoh in middle school or so will be getting to late high school/early college god I'm getting old, just like ORAS, so the hype will be at its maximum potential.

Considering that they have all the assets and animations for follow Pokemon that was especially prevalent for gen IV, I'm willing to bet on either a DPPt or a HGSS remake by the time gen VIII rolls around, if only because follow Pokemon were such a landmark for the latter. I can't imagine why they'd have all those assets in the first place otherwise, unless the next mainline games are going to reintroduce the mechanic on their own accord.

Back
Top Bottom