• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: This is what I do when I should be doing other things

this is a comment

i'm not a big fan on sharkman's anatomy, but i love the plaid underbelly :D

Thank you CB

Any specific points that catch your attention?
Mermaid-esque things are pretty illogical and weird anyway plus the base sketch was done pretty fast (plus I suck at human anatomy P:)

EDIT: just finished this
cawcaw_wm.jpg

guy who believes he's a bird occasionally
it causes some problems :U
(textures from CGTextures.com, again)

Last edited:

well, it kind of looks like a shark's head turned into a stump and the human body's just growing out of it :V

i love that paper style on insanefurryman! very eye-catching.

I always pictured sharkmans as half-shark... like blue with grey underbellies and a dorsal fin.

And I really love seeing your stuff in that style.

:'D

I STILL draw, it is quite sad actually if you think about it

My sharkman does have a dorsal fin :o
His belly is lighter too but the weird-ass shading kind of makes it hard to see P:

Anyway, since at least you are looking at/commenting on my stuff, I might as well show this speedpaint-ish thing I drew yesterday night:
something_wm.jpg

I had some googled picture as a lighting reference but I made my dude look different than the guy in the photo.
Font is 'Propaganda' from Dafont.com

even though no one cares, a drawing:
pp_raikou_wm.png

hurr durr bad attempt at a semi-Sugimorish style :I
rest of the trio is coming later, they are worse than this woo

o: raikouman is awesome and those glasses hahaha

do want suicune

I CAR.

The only reason I don't comment is because I feel small and insignificant in the presence of such wonderful drawings such as these.
Btw Lance incomprehensible awesomeness.

Hee! I love Raikou!Guy :D I love his shoulder-bits! And he reminds me of that little blind kid from the Apollo Justice game XD

(if you've never played it, disregard this comment.
Hell, here he is anyway.)

Thanks, peoples C: The rest of the trio has to wait a bit because I had a spontaneous burst of imagination and I have to draw this thing first P:

@ Dannichu: ohhh you mean Machi? I didn't even think of that but now I can't unsee it CX
dunno if Raikou-dude is blind or just trying to be badass though

Now, because some of you seem to care ( C: ), here's a little work-in-progress teaser pic:
mauf.jpg

I'm painting with CRAZY COLOURS

Oh god I love your art. D: It's gorgeous in every way. Seriously. Colours, lighting, composition, style, uhg, I love it all. It's like. Eye candy. So goooood.

Ooooh, what programme are you doing it in? From what you've shown us, it looks lovely. And suitably creepy.

Thankies yous. CB
I'm using Photoshop CS mostly, with a Wacom Bamboo pen tablet P:
and that work-in-progress is still a work-in-progress because I've been too lazy busy.

here's some un-fanart of Peter Pan for the time being (watched the Disney version, didn't really like it):
dohoho.jpg

hurp a durp

be nice to peter he is my favorite :<< besides at least disney's peter is shockingly accurate aka a jerk
also why is he tingle in that picture.

Re: This is what I STILL do when I should be doing other things

haha I am the meanest :>
We had to go and watch a Peter Pan play by some amateur people (some of which are my classmates) and it was surprisingly good and definitely much better than the Disney version (Peter was a childish jerk there too, just more believable and hilarious).

what he is not Tingle
I barely even know who that is durr

but now new stuff
cuteremu2.jpg

KYUREMU IS CUTE don't you people go hatin' it :C
I caught it yesterday and it's cuteeeee

:C Kyuremu is the best dragon. <3 NEEDS MORE LOVE.

and obtw I must pop in to shower you in praise for your work is absolutely brilliant. <3 I'm awful at critique, but you're so good with atmosphere, emotion and colour~

Woops I accidentally became a huge MSPA fan

Thank you C:
My Kyuremu is delighted now durp CB

anyway
I drew the best trolls (well, personal favourites at least) because I somehow ended up reading Homestuck a while ago and oh lord it's just amazing
(linked because it's pretty wide so it might force people with smaller screens scroll sideways which is just so goddamn annoying)
This was just something quick so no shading or anything. Lazy me.

Last edited:

Your art is good! I especially love raikouman and Kyuremu! (just came to comment!) I think you should do requests, anyone who gets one of your pictures will be happy!

(Thanks ! C:)

Okay woops it's been quite a while since I last posted something (haven't drawn that much either because of stuff) so I thought I'd drop by to show you some scruffy pencil sketch coloured with Photoshop. Probably not the best time to do this since like half of the people think the forums are completely down, but whatever, here's hoping someone manages to find their way to the reply button.
manlicore_wm.jpg

This is Kashmir, and he's a manticore (lion-bodied, human-faced mythical creature, google it if you don't know). An older character of mine that I felt needed a redesign, doodled in class (the only way to stay awake and sharp while listening to other people's presentations).

I'm planning on redesigning his body too and giving him a scorpion tail this time (manticores can apparently have scorpion tails or just spiky ones, he originally had a plain spiky one).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom